• Please log in to reply
3700 replies to this topic

#3401 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:32 AM

Haha...they were so excited to see it they said "those Culver's cheese curds can wait!", yanked the top off the box, threw it into the car seat and snapped a pic!

#3402 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:18 AM

Like the design or not, that looks like a fine model. I couldn't not collect these ships and pass up having one so I'm glad I subscribed.

I got my Shenzhou yesterday and I have to say, I'm really really impressed. I have serious issues with the continuity of the design, like many people, but in terms of model its a total hit.

Also, the sizing is about spot on, I like the fact they are doing these in the 'special' size.

Also also, got a USS Firebrand, decent little model, not my fav design but just super thankful that I can buy one.

#3403 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:40 AM

Also also, got a USS Firebrand, decent little model, not my fav design but just super thankful that I can buy one.

Indeed. I also have a soft spot for those "uglier" models, the Freedom-Class is a fine little model and goes well alongside the other Wolf359 Federation ships. I hope they'll make some of those other weird Nebula-Class variants at some point, like the USS Melbourne.

#3404 Morgan

Morgan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:46 PM

Really excited for Bozeman and Firebrand, these are such great, obscure ships. (And one of them will be captained by me).

Isn't it weird just how much worse DS9 modelmaking was when it came to onscreen kitbashes? Some of those are just like no way. The only one I'll make an exception for is the Centaur.

#3405 Theta Sigma

Theta Sigma

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:58 AM

Got the Buran last week, loving these BoBW ships. I think this just leaves the Firebrand and, uhh, Niagara. Not sure if they're doing Firebrand, I haven't been following too closely. But all the major ones they've done.

Same here. While not practical (yet), I'd love larger scale versions of these down the road. Not sure anyone would shell out for something like DST versions of kitbash ships, but I would consider it. It's the stuff dreams are made of, really. ;)

#3406 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:26 PM

Really wish this had been in one of the Kelvin films properly:

FoaPOGP.jpg

http://www.bigbadtoy...onDetails/70223

#3407 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:51 AM

Wow! In special size that's going to look awesome.

#3408 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:08 AM

I've now got my Shenzhou. I like the design of the ship (if you ignore continuity issues) and the model is great. Of course there are some misaligned windows but otherwise very nice. Size wise almost exactly the same as the Franklin. I'm glad the ships are special sized as I don't think they would work very well in regular size. 

DSC05553.jpg

DSC05554.jpg

DSC05555.jpg

DSC05556.jpg

DSC05557.jpg

DSC05558.jpg

#3409 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:16 AM

A picture of the jumbo Enterprise A is floating around the Internet

#3410 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:24 AM

I thought you meant from Beyond.

#3411 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:26 AM

New pictures:

Eaglemoss_123_Romulan_Science_Vessel.jpg

Eaglemoss_124_SS_Emmette.jpg

Eaglemoss_XL_USS_Enterprise_1701-A.jpg

Romulan Science Vessel from TNG, SS Emmette from Enterprise's opening credits, and the XL Enterprise-A (which looks really good).

#3412 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:09 PM

Love the A! Love the others but LOVE how the A looks.

#3413 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:41 PM

I thought you meant from Beyond.

Sorry. The classic A. She does look beautiful.

Id imagine that wed get the Beyond A too. I doubt well see her in any future Star Trek movie as that is sure to be another reboot.

#3414 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

FINALLY!!! It took them three attempts but looks like the XL Enterprise-A means at last we have a good Enterprise refit from them. It looks great and so much better than their previous efforts

#3415 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:45 PM

Not too sure about that E-A (Ive already got the DST EA) but if the in hand pictures look as good I might pick it up.  

#3416 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:00 PM

I'm glad the ships are special sized as I don't think they would work very well in regular size. 

The Discovery would be even smaller than the USS Aventine. As for the new Romulan Science Vessel, I think that studio model was also used in the Voyager episode "Waking Moments", only in a brown-ish color.

#3417 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:11 PM

The windows on Discovery are disappointing, especially the big bridge window. Who thought this was appropriate?

cfP5HgD.jpg

Trekcore review:
http://trekcore.com/...starship-model/

#3418 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:51 PM

Aye... as soon as I receive Discovery Im cancelling my subscription. These arent worth the extra expense.

#3419 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:29 PM

I probably will too.

It sucks they are so inconsistent with their paint apps because a lot of the Discovery ships have great designs, but I don't know if I want to pay $45 for garbage misaligned paint applications.

Its probably the biggest reason I don't have that much interest in their jumbos.

#3420 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:28 AM

I dont mind buying the jumbos because apart from the Enterprise D having its windows printed on wholly wrong, theyve not been too bad - I dont have the smaller versions of these ships either so I dont mind them being just bigger versions of their smaller counterparts. Plus they come out every 3/4 months so theres a bit of breathing space between each release.

To be subscribed to a £40 a month collection though... of ships I have no connection to beyond the Shenzou, Discovery and Enterprise... I mean its not worth it when you factor in the same inconsistencies that their ships in the more iconic, cheaper starships subscription line suffer from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users