• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

#21 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:47 AM

There is NO way a corporate rep would release confidential info to a single customer early..... No matter how friendly they may be. It would be a total breach of protocol.....

If it did actually happen and this person bragged about it online... I would bet good money its the last time anything like that would happen again.

I honestly believe robster was making a general statement about some people being upset etc. I don't think he was saying that Chuck or Zach told him the ships... He was just expressing his thoughts.

No harm, no foul.

#22 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:49 AM

Thank you Prometheus! No one told me anything,we had a nice talk a few times,that's it. Wasn't meant as boasting or anything else. I have a brain that can think and actually make conclusions. Yeah,I know,it's weird. LOL! So we'll just keep on hoping and guessing,and like I said.....I know some of you are gonna be disappointed and some of you are not,'cos you always are. Plain and simple. Can't please everyone,and some you can't please no matter what you do. That's life.

J-R!

#23 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:00 PM

If only I could give you the info about it I really would. lol! Some of you ARE gonna be disappointed,and some of you are not. Me? Don't care one way or the other. The alien ship I was hoping for.....is not gonna be the one,so whatever. Maybe it's time to expand. Again.

J-R!

Not buying the backpedalling. :)

#24 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:12 PM

Aye, from the way robster worded that post, I really got the impression he was boasting about knowing them. That being said, he should now feel free to share his conclusions. :)

457174_1281484415907_391_300.jpg

#25 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:08 PM

Too true. If it's just speculation, what's the harm?

#26 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:42 PM

Wow, tough room lol

#27 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:41 PM

Oh I don't do backpedaling. I use a Mercury outboard for that,if I'm hyper and unfocused,a yacht if I'm calm and focused. LOL! Anyways,feel no need to do that as what I said is what I said. No ships were mentioned,at least not what the next would be,just what it wouldn't be,and why I said the one I was hoping for wouldn't be one of them. Apparently they make the ships to scale,something I've never even thought about as I always thought the E would be bigger and so on. So the one I want is apparently too big. Guess I have to search for the Playmates version instead then,lol!

Tough room?! Nah,I've been in worse. Even though Trek fans are known for their.....how do I say this nicely.....nitpicky,ocd,complaining ways,there are other fanbases that are just as ba.....passionate. Yes,I'm looking at you,Star Wars and Doctor Who! LOL! So I really don't mind being misunderstood or corrected,etc. LOL! Guess it's time for a reboot though.

And yes,I could on and on about how my remote in my head actually works,but I won't. I know I'm weird and I'll leave it at that. LOL!

And one other thing while at the DST booth. Some things weren't actually SAID,just.....read?! You guys would have a field day with that....why did he smile when he said that?,what was that look when I asked that?,and so on. So you want me to speculate? I can do that. I can speculate till the cows come home.....and are resting in the barn,eating their supper,had some sleep,are milked in the morning,and back on the field.....but I probably won't,lol! I will say this though. Life goes on.

Have fun!

J-R!

#28 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:31 AM

Please don't read my posts, and visualise anyone angry or miserable (that's why I posted the Garak picture, perfect 'caught red-handed' look that was on my face!). This is all fun to me, and I just want to know what the next ships are! Even if Robster did know, I wouldn't be angry, just confused as to why the rest of us can't know what they are yet.

Basically, I think it's about time that we're all told what the next two ships are. Yes, it's not the end of the world etc etc, but it'd be nice to have something to be excited about with everyone here again. The wait for them then to come out/go on sale, doesn't bother me. Seeing a picture of a prototype that will look completely different to the final product is not something I need either. I would just like to start getting excited over getting a big model of the Reliant/Defiant and *insertalienshiphere*. :)

#29 Javabean

Javabean

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:13 AM

Basically, I think it's about time that we're all told what the next two ships are. Yes, it's not the end of the world etc etc, but it'd be nice to have something to be excited about with everyone here again. The wait for them then to come out/go on sale, doesn't bother me. Seeing a picture of a prototype that will look completely different to the final product is not something I need either. I would just like to start getting excited over getting a big model of the Reliant/Defiant and *insertalienshiphere*. :)

My sentiment exactly!

#30 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

My sentiment exactly!

I second that notion.

#31 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:55 AM

I find that I'm moving away from toys anyway. I've got a pro-builder out in Reno who's got a Fine Molds 1/48 X-wing on the work bench that's going to have lit engines/cockpit/R2-Unit with changing color diodes in the cockpit and droid. After that, he's doing a 1/1000 Round 2 Refitted Enterprise for me. That ones going to have the correct aztek done in pearls, lights, formation lights, lit deflector in both start up white and blue. Basically, it'll be a nice little model with all the trimmings. And I would stack this guy up against any pro builder, and that includes industry pros. He's a hell of a guy, too. Not to mention that his prices were more than reasonable.

#32 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:49 AM

I find that I'm moving away from toys anyway. I've got a pro-builder out in Reno who's got a Fine Molds 1/48 X-wing on the work bench that's going to have lit engines/cockpit/R2-Unit with changing color diodes in the cockpit and droid. After that, he's doing a 1/1000 Round 2 Refitted Enterprise for me. That ones going to have the correct aztek done in pearls, lights, formation lights, lit deflector in both start up white and blue. Basically, it'll be a nice little model with all the trimmings. And I would stack this guy up against any pro builder, and that includes industry pros. He's a hell of a guy, too. Not to mention that his prices were more than reasonable.

What are those putting you back if you dont mind me asking?

#33 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

The X-wing is running me about $250, and that's shipped to my door. The Refit will be run by Arduino controlled microprocessors that will replicate the startup seen in TMP as she rolled out of dry dock. It's going to be a pretty technologically inclined piece, so that one's running me about $410.
If you're on Facebook, OtherWorld Models. If not, his website is http://www.otherworldmodels.com. The site doesn't get updated very much, so I would check out his Facebook page. His name's Dannon Marsh. He can also do a number of things to reduce the cost of the build. Both of mine are about as high end as they get, so there ya go lol.

#34 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:11 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but....this guy does models for anyone interested? And whatever model you would like? OMG!,where do I START! lol!

NSEA Protector,Jupiter II,TIE Interceptor,Spinner,ships from these movies: Forbidden Planet,War of the Worlds,Day The Earth Stood Still,This Island Earth,Starman,Flight of the Navigator,2001,Flash Gordon,Buck Rogers,Battlestar Galactica,V,Alien,Mars Attacks,Invaders from Mars,and a few others. Yes,I do love my spaceships,lol!

Kinda bummed that DST won't be doing the TNG era Romulan Warbird though,I really love that one.     lol

J-R!

#35 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:38 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but....this guy does models for anyone interested? And whatever model you would like? OMG!,where do I START! lol!

NSEA Protector,Jupiter II,TIE Interceptor,Spinner,ships from these movies: Forbidden Planet,War of the Worlds,Day The Earth Stood Still,This Island Earth,Starman,Flight of the Navigator,2001,Flash Gordon,Buck Rogers,Battlestar Galactica,V,Alien,Mars Attacks,Invaders from Mars,and a few others. Yes,I do love my spaceships,lol!

Kinda bummed that DST won't be doing the TNG era Romulan Warbird though,I really love that one.     lol

J-R!

Yup, he does it all. If you go to his Facebook page, he has several examples of his work. I spent months stalking him on FB before I finally commissioned him. His work is outstanding. After my X-wing, he's doing a Galactica from Nu-BSG for someone. That's going to be awesome.

#36 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:46 PM

GREAT! I will most certainly check him out at some point. And it's not because I'm too lazy to do this whole model thing myself,I just don't have the attention span or patience for it. Believe me,I've ceratinly tried. Just leaves me with half finished and unpainted models,lol.

J-R!

#37 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

I commissioned the X-wing because I went to TRU and grabbed Hasbro's Red 3 X-wing toy and was sorely disappointed with the quality of it. I returned it and then contacted Dannon about doing a quality build for me. At first, it was just going to be an unlit, painted and weathered model. He then seduced me with the lighting lol. The Refit was ordered as a result of getting DST's latest TWOK release. I payed $75 for that damn thing and the paint apps were sloppy and the nacelles were crooked. I just about lost it. I then got up with Dannon about that and he said he'd be happy to rectify another toy blunder. It was at that moment that I realized I had moved beyond toys and into finer products. I understand that they're just toys, but at that price point, they need to get it together.

#38 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:30 PM

Latest Ask DST questions are up..... No ship info that I saw (can anyone verify?)

http://www.artasylum...eep-space-toys/

#39 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:54 PM

No Direct ship info..... But the title of the Ask DST is interesting.

I also found it interesting the order in which Chuck placed the most requested ships.... First Defiant, then Reliant, Voyager, and C..... I still say a Defiant is on its way....

#40 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:49 PM

No Direct ship info..... But the title of the Ask DST is interesting.

I also found it interesting the order in which Chuck placed the most requested ships.... First Defiant, then Reliant, Voyager, and C..... I still say a Defiant is on its way....

It's hard to say anymore since they've denied all of those at some point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users