• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

I actuall6 suggested a glow in the Dark TOS Defiant to Zach a while back and he seemed intrigued

#82 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

I can now officially confirm 100% that this is the exclusive ship...that I would like to see.   :D

If not SDCC, the at some point it would make a lot of sense.  A limited run for a ship that's not hella popular, using an existing mold, and with no electronics like the SDCC BOP.

Unless of course it's a partially cloaked/full-cloaked DS9 Defiant, which would be a no-brainer variant as well if we eventually see her in the regular line.

#83 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

I missed all this want-ranking malarkey due to a mess of family events over the last few weeks.

Ships:

1~2) Reliant ~ K'tinga (plus variants, obviously)

3) Studio-model-based Defiant

4 ->) Most of the other sensible possibilities.

It's odd that my only definite wants are TMP-era ships, since I'm such a TNG kiddie, but most of my desired ships have actually been covered at this point.

I have a Voyager, I have a Warbird, a Vor'Cha. They're Playmates, but they're between very good and excellent. Their Voyager's got a bit of a distended belly, but I'm not that big of a Voyager fan anymore to really want a new one to the same degree as Khan's ship, or the only Klingon ship that seems to have made a cultural impact (Simpsons, Animaniacs, etc..).

If the sculpt on the Defiant is accurate, beating the PM and AMT models by a significant margin, I'll definitely get it.

I'm not saying the others won't sway me - I'm seriously considering buying an NX-2000, having literally just recieved my NCC model this morning. I'd never have expected to want two variants of the same model - let alone three (if you count the B )!!

Roleplay items:

1) First Contact, DS9 s4->, Voy s2-> "Chiselhead" Tricorder.

2)   "          "           "      "      "      "    Type 2 "Boomerang" Phaser.

3) Various TNG versions of the above.

4) TNG Type III Phaser Rifle/Phirst Contact Phallic Monstrosity Phaser Rifle.

5) TNG Romulan disruptor. Overload setting, of course.

I have a very clear and specific desire for the chiselhead tricorder. Lots of lights, ratcheted hinge so it makes that sound upon opening, and a vibration-triggered "deet" sound that will play over the regular constant warbling (with buttons to change the warbling mode), so that I can tap it while scanning. NO DIALOGUE, please.

Similarly, all of the TNG+ era phasers should have setting buttons that make the appropriate "teet teet teet" noise when changing settings, and power metres that respond accordingly, and change the phaser sound's (which should only last as long as the trigger is held down) pitch, intensity, and tone. Overload setting, of course!

#84 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

I have a feeling that the SDCC exclusive will be the TOS Defiant (Glow in the Dark) and one of the next electronic starships will be the DS9 Defiant with lights and sounds. The reason I think the Defiant is a strong possibility is because the amount of variants they could do. 

Defiant - Pristine TV version 

Defiant - First Contact battle damaged (with Worf voice clips)

Defiant - Dominion War battle damaged (with voice clips portraying the ultimate destruction of said ship)

Defiant - Partial cloaked

Defiant - Fully cloaked 

#85 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

I have a feeling that the SDCC exclusive will be the TOS Defiant (Glow in the Dark) and one of the next electronic starships will be the DS9 Defiant with lights and sounds. The reason I think the Defiant is a strong possibility is because the amount of variants they could do. 

Defiant - Pristine TV version 

Defiant - First Contact battle damaged (with Worf voice clips)

Defiant - Dominion War battle damaged (with voice clips portraying the ultimate destruction of said ship)

Defiant - Partial cloaked

Defiant - Fully cloaked 

So Commodore let me get this correct ....You want a Defiant? You werent really clear on that ;) 

On a serious note- I would buy every single version you listed...and maybe even more that just one of each !!

#86 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

Can't you just customize a toilet seat for the Defiant? LOL! Just joshin' ya,I love my Playmates Defiant and would love a really good one done by DST.

Yes,please let it be a glow in the dark ship! I really don't need that,so I can buy some other stuff instead,like the NX 2000 or something. lol! The Hallmark one didn't have any electronics,so it would be easy to do it. Saw a Hallmark one online for only 800 bucks,500 on ebay. LOL!

J-R!

#87 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

I would love a Defiant!  :wub: 

So Commodore let me get this correct ....You want a Defiant? You werent really clear on that  ;)

On a serious note- I would buy every single version you listed...and maybe even more that just one of each !!

#88 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

A studio model based Defiant would be where it's at. I might just buy a carton of them to make sure I'm not dreaming.

#89 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:46 AM

Random thing about a possible Defiant, in regards to whether the sculpt would be the horrible season 5 version (F-Toys, Furuta, AMT/Ertl), or the much better season 7 or possibly studio version (as with the Eaglemoss version): A new cadet series 1/2500 collection will feature some of the ships of Deep Space Nine - specifically the Defiant, Saratoga, and Galor. As you can see from the picture, they're also using the really nice season 7 model: 

P5310014.JPG

Together with the re-pop DS9 station kit containing a Defiant that is also based off the season 7 version, I'm feeling really good about any DST version of her being absolutely gorgeous, and looking damned fine. Basically, it's my opinion that with all these companies using the better version of the sculpt, why would the main supplier of bigger 'toy' ships use another version? It'd have nothing to do with interior space for batteries or the like, so yes, hopefully we find out soon! :)

EDIT: Just wanted to make clear that, even if it is the season 5 version, I'll still be getting one, as it's my favourite ship. If it's either of the other two (S7 or studio miniature), I'll be getting a couple of them.

#90 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:50 AM

Jay K......where did you get that picture?? I now want to catch up on the r2/amt models!

#91 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

Rizzo.... I believe that picture was taken at Wonderfest this past weekend at the AMT Ertl table....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users