Excelsior starship in fall of 09?

• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#81 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:14 PM

As long as there is no missing windows , decal waiting debacle , and no sound issues like many have had with the Ent-D I'll be happy lol wink.gif

#82 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

I hope we get more news and pics of the Excelsior variant soon. My wallet is still aching from my most recent purchases, but I want the Excelsior. lol

#83 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Commodore Kor'Tar @ Feb 22 2013, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope we get more news and pics of the Excelsior variant soon. My wallet is still aching from my most recent purchases, but I want the Excelsior. lol

I know they said after the B gets its fair chance they'll do something with Excelsior, I also can't wait for it.

#84 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

Wow! Epic thread necro!

In response to the thread title... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say...

Possibly not.

tongue.gif

But yeah, Excelsior news would be lovely!

#85 Kyp Durron

Kyp Durron

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:ST props, models, and Lightsabers OH MY!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (Alteran195 @ Feb 22 2013, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know they said after the B gets its fair chance they'll do something with Excelsior, I also can't wait for it.

The B is supposedly being reissued this summer, so it might not be till some time after.

#86 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

I doubt that'll impede things. The B is "out of spacedock", so to speak - the fact that they're reissuing the D, TOS HD E, AGT D and TWOK ships hasn't interfered with the rollout of the B, BOP, and Nem E, after all.

Someone said the next B reissue might be 5 months away. I'd say we'll hear something about the Excelsior before then.

#87 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Well that'll give me some time to put some money back for the most likely $70 hit plus shipping that whoever gets the exclusive will charge. That plus the Klingon BoP with landing gear. Wow DST has me spending bookoo bucks this year. rolleyes.gif

#88 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Kyp Durron @ Feb 23 2013, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The B is supposedly being reissued this summer, so it might not be till some time after.
Kyp, I don't think the reissued "B" would affect the Excelsior's release. If anything, Destructor actually pointed to when I think we might see the Excelsior roll out.

QUOTE (Destructor!!! @ Feb 23 2013, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone said the next B reissue might be 5 months away. I'd say we'll hear something about the Excelsior before then.

Destructor, I should also add that Chuck said something along the lines of "there won't be a BoP with landing gear for at least another five

#89 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

You know....with the current trend, I would bet money that the NX Excelsior will be an AFX Exclusive. Just for the sheer fact that they have the TSFS Bird Of Prey and The TSFS Disruptor, i bet they will get the Excelsior to complete the set

#90 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Those exclusives (such as the cloaked BoP), who stocks them in the UK? Are they literally exclusive to that one American shop (because while that doesn't bother me with the cloaked BoP, having a version of the Excelsior with Styles would be amazing)?

#91 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (Jay K @ Feb 23 2013, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those exclusives (such as the cloaked BoP), who stocks them in the UK? Are they literally exclusive to that one American shop (because while that doesn't bother me with the cloaked BoP, having a version of the Excelsior with Styles would be amazing)?

Usually the exclusives out here will get picked up overseas by another retailer, and prolly in limited numbers as well.

#92 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

Forbidden Planet usually stocks the exclusives but they may not hit stores until late this year, maybe October time for the BoP and depending on when they release an exclusive Excelsior that may not hit the UK until next year! dunno why we are SO far behind in getting stock to be honest when you can fly to the US in a day.

#93 Will Decker

Will Decker

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (1701 @ Feb 24 2013, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forbidden Planet usually stocks the exclusives but they may not hit stores until late this year, maybe October time for the BoP and depending on when they release an exclusive Excelsior that may not hit the UK until next year! dunno why we are SO far behind in getting stock to be honest when you can fly to the US in a day.

If I were you guys, I would forget retailers like forbidden planet and just go straight to ebay. That's what I do when I want something from the UK or europe. The revell germany star trek kits are a prime example. When that jj-prise hits in may, I'll be grabbing it off ebay. A few select specialty retailers in the us may import it in a couple months. forget that!

#94 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

http://www.startrek....electronic-ship

#95 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Awesome looking, I'm buying that the moment the preorder is up.

#96 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Same here. I love it. Let's hope that all the tampos are correct, (unlike the pennants on the Enterprise-B ) and the SFX and voice clips are as loud and clear as they are on the Enterprise-B and the Klingon Bird of Prey. That ship is a beauty and I can't wait to see her lit up.  

#97 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

I would love a side by side from DSTZach.

#98 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

This is my favorite ship. I love it. It will be ordered as soon as the PO is up.

#99 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

And alas, the Defiant has been jumped over...again. *sigh*

This so much easier to make being its about the same as the Ent B.  Maby they can also still come out with a new mold of something. I want Reliant my self.

#100 malloc64

malloc64

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

Exc11.jpg

Exc2.jpg

The pictures show a beautiful and professional looking subtle gray paint scheme, but the video shows a very toy-like garish blue paint scheme.  I have a sinking feeling that the ship will look like the videos (basically same paint shade as the Ent-B and not like the much nicer ship in the photos. :(  What is it with DST and their over saturated blues? (They made the same over saturated blue tampo choice for the TWOK 1701 strongback)

Here is the Enterprise B for comparison.  You can see it shares the same blue paint color, just a different application scheme.  The upper saucer of the Excelsior and the B have different blue accent painting (wish it was light bluish-gray like in the photos above!)   The ends of the nacelles on the Excelsior don't have the caps like the B.  And of course the area around the deflector isn't swollen like on the B.  I think the deflector looks even better than on the B because of lack of the "shrouding."

Having said all that about the over-saturated blue tampo, this is a definitely a preorder for me.  Well done, DST and thank you! (just please think about desaturating the blue details on the Excelsior and the TWOK refit!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users