• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#1 DST Trek Collector

DST Trek Collector

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:20 PM

Check out DST's latest product debut on their site.

I will definitely be getting this when it comes out, i just hope its not delayed like the TOS Kirk in chair from last year!

I also hope we get a better pic of the s1 riker soon, and hope these two pave the way for miniskirt troi, and yar (and then possibly Data, geordi, worf and crusher as well!)

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:59 PM

Thanks for the news.

I may get it for the chair wink.gif . I hope that this Picard is more in scale with the other figures though. I have quite enough overly large Picards for now blink.gif .

I do think the scuplt is better on this one.

#3 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:12 PM

I'm definitely getting a few of these, if only for the chair.

#4 Picard5

Picard5

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:10 PM

The chair is a must for me.
If only there was more Enterprise-D sections being made sad.gif

#5 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Mar 12 2007, 03:59 PM) View Post

Thanks for the news.
I may get it for the chair wink.gif . I hope that this Picard is more in scale with the other figures though. I have quite enough overly large Picards for now blink.gif .

I do think the scuplt is better on this one.

Personally, I hope they don't mess with the scale again on Picard. Yes, he might stand more in-line with the rest of the S7 crew, but he's an S1 figure, which makes him a standout automatically. I'd rather the chair be the proper size for the S7 figure, since I really do detest those S1 and S2 uniforms and want to display my S7 in the chair without looking like he's taking Barry Bonds' flaxseed oil.

I don't seriously expect them to do it, but "the Best of Both Worlds" for me would be a smaller S7 Picard (or "Jacket" Picard) / wChair.

EDIT: I will say this much for it, it does look like a new sculpt, and a much better one at that ... good job, DST biggrin.gif

EDIT EDIT: There's still no thigh articulation, and I'm of two minds about this. Yes, it is consistent with the other TNG figures, but a figure that comes with the chair seems like it should have it. TOS Kirk w/ Chair actually has his feet positionable to be flush on chair's base, something it seems Picard won't be able to do. It looks much more natural with two feet firmly on the ground, doesn't it?

#6 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:37 PM

So there was no talk of Riker including a chair?

I guess they would be pretty damned expensive to include.

QUOTE(DST Trek Collector @ Mar 13 2007, 06:20 AM) View Post

(and then possibly Data, geordi, worf and crusher as well!)

Don't forget Wesley....I'd really like a figure of him from S1, seeing as how I won't ever be owning a Galoob version sad.gif

#7 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:48 PM

Well, it looks to me as if we might be getting a new Picard head sculpt on this one, but I can't be for sure.

It looks really good and I am super excited to get him too ... BRING ON THE SEASON 1 FIGURES DST!

#8 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:55 PM

looks sooooo awesome

#9 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Mar 13 2007, 08:48 AM) View Post

Well, it looks to me as if we might be getting a new Picard head sculpt on this one, but I can't be for sure.

Could be....it does look like a very nice sculpt.

IPB Image

#10 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:23 PM

I hope this means we will see a Sisko and Janeway with chair at some point.

#11 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(The Green Lantern @ Mar 12 2007, 06:23 PM) View Post

I hope this means we will see a Sisko and Janeway with chair at some point.

That's what I'm hoping.

#12 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:12 PM

Janeway would be interesting to see...I gather it would be a small section including her seat.

IPB Image

They have all the Bridge designs on this page....quite fascinating...I have not seen such good pics!

http://www.ex-astris...ry/bridges1.htm

#13 Picard5

Picard5

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:35 PM

haha I just found that website today as well. Really enjoyed looking at all the bridges of the StarFleet ships.

#14 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:17 PM

#15 Picard5

Picard5

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:59 PM

I wonder if there will be variants with this chair set like with the Kirk Captain's Chair set? Perhaps S3-7 Picard with chair? Riker with First officer attachment on chair?

#16 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(Picard5 @ Mar 12 2007, 09:59 PM) View Post

I wonder if there will be variants with this chair set like with the Kirk Captain's Chair set? Perhaps S3-7 Picard with chair? Riker with First officer attachment on chair?

Riker in chair would be cool, but Worf with horseshoe station would be even cooler... biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, the way S7 Troi's hips are constructed, she really can't sit very well in a chair, or we could have the whole center unit of the bridge. sad.gif (I mean she can sit, but she's got this funny open legged/crossed feet look that just isn't right.) I really hope they produce either a S7 Picard with chair, or a variant first season chair with the wood paneled console arms with the S1 figure. Overall, I think that arrangement would have made more sense. (And, if they released "jacket" Picard as the standard wave Picard, the release would have mirrored TOS line). But as long as I get a chair, I'll take it any which way it's produced!

#17 Picard5

Picard5

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE(A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ Mar 12 2007, 10:09 PM) View Post

But as long as I get a chair, I'll take it any which way it's produced!

I hear that. smile.gif

#18 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:36 PM

She could not be as bad as the Playmates Troi...that was a hell leg spread!

Though I do still recall someone referring to the DST Troi sitting like a 'Parisian Whore' biggrin.gif

#19 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:43 PM

This looks great!! Well, if people are hoping we get Sisko and Janeway with chairs, it might be a way for DST to release another variant of those characters. For example, we've already seen that we're getting Season 3 and 7 Sisko. However, some people mentioned that they'd like to see a Season 4 Sisko with the red shouldered uniform and the bald head and goatee. Or perhaps, because he commanded the Defiant, we may see Worf in the Season 4 red shouldered uniform which wasn't released with the TNG Worf wave. For Janeway, it may ensure that the people wanting her with different hairstyles may get it. Standard release figure may be the bun or ponytail, whereas the chair verson may be the style she had in the 7th season...just my thoughts anyway.

#20 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE(Mason @ Mar 12 2007, 07:43 PM) View Post

This looks great!! Well, if people are hoping we get Sisko and Janeway with chairs, it might be a way for DST to release another variant of those characters. For example, we've already seen that we're getting Season 3 and 7 Sisko. However, some people mentioned that they'd like to see a Season 4 Sisko with the red shouldered uniform and the bald head and goatee. Or perhaps, because he commanded the Defiant, we may see Worf in the Season 4 red shouldered uniform which wasn't released with the TNG Worf wave. For Janeway, it may ensure that the people wanting her with different hairstyles may get it. Standard release figure may be the bun or ponytail, whereas the chair verson may be the style she had in the 7th season...just my thoughts anyway.

I was thinking the same thing. DST could release a Janeway with the bun this way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users