• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:25 PM

A preview of the first wave, including McCoy, Uhura, Sulu and Spock.

http://insidepulse.c...r-trek-figures/

A line of TNG ReAction figures is upcoming as well. Pre-orders for TOS wave 1 now available at Entertainment Earth. $9.99 each, coming in March.

#2 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:35 PM

Over on toyark.com they have pictures of the rest: Kirk, Scotty, Gorn and Vina

#3 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:43 PM

Has anyone here found these yet?There have been reports of these showing up in some comic shops and bookstores. I've been checking at both Barnes and Noble and FYE, but so far no luck. From what's being said by those finding these, Funko is doing a nice job. I hope they will keep churning out waves of Star Trek for a while!

#4 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:05 AM

They're in stock at Super7 store,and other online stores. I heard about B&N as well,and even TRU. Also heard that Spock is selling for 20 bucks at cons and such. Way to cash in,f*****g scalpers!

J-R!

#5 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:19 AM

I really want to know the TNG line-up. Also, after seeing the Funko Firefly 6" figures, maybe there could be a way for them to upgrade from the ReAction if it does well. At this point, I'd really like to see DST lose the figure portion of their license. Probably no way we'll see an extended 6" Trek line again...but then, Firefly...

#6 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:35 PM

I have wave one on preorder with Entertainment Earth. They still aren't showing up in stock yet. Being the impatient fanboy that I am, I went ahead and ordered a second Spock over at super7.com where they are already in stock. I just got Spock in today! I must say I absolutely love these. This is the Spock I wanted for my Star Wars Cantina or in my Death Star playset or chatting with Yoda about that illogical young Skwalker kid that crashed his X-Wing in his backyard! Diamond Selects Star Trek figures were fun too but the parody dioramas that I am thinking of for my ever growing collection of Reaction Figures are what really makes my day!

#7 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:12 AM

Got my wave one set! LOL! That's all I can say....LOL! But I DO like'em and will be getting wave two as well.

J-R!

#8 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:14 AM

Well you DO like'em so that's good! lol! I don't think I would have liked these as much if Hasbro would have done these like their current Star Wars Saga Legends. I love that Funko is doing a great job of somehow catching something along the old Filmation Animated look. I much prefer these to Playmates' 2009 3 3/4" line. On the funkofanatic.com site the haven't confirmed anything yet but they have mentioned an Enterprise bridge Playset several times. They have also mentioned that for their Nightmare Before Christmas line that for Dr. Finklestein, who's confined to a wheelchair, that the designers are looking into incorporating knee articulation for characters requiring the ability to sit. Depending on sales, I get the impression from the head toy designer hosting the Q&A at Funko that this could potentially be a line that sticks around a while!

#9 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:25 AM

Yes,I DO like'em,lol! And I hope they're still doing Galaxy Quest. A bridge playset would be really neat for these figs,and I hope they continue beyound wave two. Might get the Flash ones as well,and since I like Goonies so much I might as well get a set of those as well. And maybe Gremlins. Back to the Future on the other hand....not too sure as they don't look as good. Fifth Element is a maybe as well. And if they could get cracking on some V and Last Starfighter,and Flight of the Navigator and Condorman,and maybe Black Hole,and Greatest American Hero,and maybe Automan,then I'd be very happy. Looking forward to the 6" Rocketeer,and DEFO checking out their store in San Diego while I'm at Comic Con.

J-R!

#10 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:17 PM

Automan!!!!

#11 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

My biggest want besides Star Trek is The Dark Crystal. I like the Big Trouble in Little China and The Fifth Element lines also. I would go absolutely crazy if V, Planet of the Apes, Logan's Run, Battlestar Galactica, Magnum PI, etc would end up happening. I would also love if all the Trek Series got at least a wave of the crew and a few aliens. It would be cool to get Pike's crew and the crew from Where No Man Has Gone Before too!

#12 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:51 AM

Dark Crystal is coming! :) 

I think they tried for BSG but there were licensing issues. They did POPs for them. I too would love Pike's crew. Not sure how far down the well they'll go. It just depends on sales.

#13 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:43 AM

JW - weren't you gonna visit the comapnay? You been yet?

Oh,list of wants,ey? Ok,let's start:

Last Starfighter.

Galaxy Quest.

E.T.

Stand by Me.

Knight Rider.

Airwolf.

A-Team.

Street Hawk.

Buck Rogers.

Battlestar Galactica.

V.

Greatest American Hero.

American Gothic.
Andy Griffith Show.

Logan's Run.

Space 1999.

UFO.

Automan.

Manimal.

Bring'em Back Alive.

Tales of the Gold Monkey.

Highwayman.

Flash Gordon.

Starman.

Indiana Jones.

Lost In Space.

Land of the Giants.

Time Tunnel.

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

Fantastic Voyage.

Barberella.

The list is kinda long,should I go on? Ok.

Dexter's Lab.

Tremors.

Flight of the Navigator.

Condorman.

Black Hole.

Silent Running.

2001-A Space Odyssey.

Blade Runner.

Poltergeist.

Ghostbusters.

Critters.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

Forbidden Planet.

This Island Earth.

Explorers.

Small Soldiers.

Zathura.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Breakfast Club.

Charlie's Angels.

Fall Guy.

Bionic Woman.

Community.

Ok,bored now,but there's still a few more but I can get back to that later,LOL! Would be fun if SOME of this is happening,I've heard GQ is,but hopefully a few more. In my list I have of course not included the ones already out there or on their way.

Have fun y'all!

J-R!

#14 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:16 AM

Flash Gordon is on the way from Bif Bang Pow! Already knew about The a Dark Crystal, they had troubles procuring that one, but Funko stuck to their guns. Ghostbusters, unfortunately is one Mattel has their dibs on and not likely to happen. I just hope Mattel has something special planned. I've always wanted Pike's crew. Number one and Colt especially and a Talosian, human Vina, disfigured Vina and Pike in wheel chair!

#15 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:03 PM

I wasn't very interested in these when they were announced. Mostly because I wasn't too impressed with reActions efforts on product I had seen.

But... I saw this wave in TRU today, and I'm actually impressed! The sculpts and paint apps weren't bad. I still think a $10 Price point is high, but... I might go in on these... if they do a Nurse Chapel and Yomen Rand, I'll probably be unable to contain myself.

#16 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

Yeah,they really are as crap as the old SW figs,which I love.....still have my Darth Vader collectors case full of figs,lol.....so I'll be getting some of these. I like'em. And like I keep saying,6" Rocketeer looks REALLY great.

J-R!

#17 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:16 AM

Yes Gothneo, these really are better than many of the other Reaction attempts. Have you checked out the funkofunatics.com forums? There are a bunch of us there asking about Chapel and Rand. Funko's lead designer, Reis O'Brien has a good correspondence with us fan's and has stated that more Star Trek TOS in addition to the 8 we have been shown will be forthcoming. TNG is also getting some Reactions in the near future.

#18 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:43 PM

Very very Promising indeed! The line would def not be complete w/o a Checkov... and they can use the same form factor / mold for the bodies of Ran and Chapel. They just need a new head sculpt. 

For a line like this, Trek is great because the basic uniform mold can be reused.

#19 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

I am hoping that TOS era movies will get a shot as Reaction Figures as well. I also hope we will see Khan, Sarek and Amanda, Cyrano Jones, Kor, Kang and Koloth, Andorians, Tellarites, Salt Vampire, Ruk and other characters and aliens that have tended to be neglected in previous lines. Reis stated that Star Trek is selling well for Funko so hopefully this trend will continue. They mention further playsets after the Egg Chamber they did for Alien and an Enterprise Bridge set is one of the more popularly mentioned ones!

#20 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:02 AM

I'm not in yet on the line... but I'm def Intrigued by what I've seen thus far! A bridge play set would just make the line that much more attractive to me.

Typically... I also go for more POA, but the simplicity of these works nicely. Of course the down side is that you won't be able to get kirk to sit in a Chair quite right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users