Ebay Seller warning

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:36 AM

Id like to reiterate my dislike of ToyRocket especially their ebay division. The first time I made a combined order i had to wait 2 weeks to get a combined shipping total and even then I had to call and request it. I decided to give it another shot and this time I had to wait a month to get the items shipped and only got them shipped after a filed a paypal dispute. Now you cant get a hold of customer service because their inbox is always full and they never answer the phone no matter what time of day it is. They have some serious problems over there so even though you see the low price on ebay you had better recognize the hassle that getting your figure could become.

#22 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:55 PM

I won an item off of ebay from Toy Rocket a couple of months ago and not only did they over charge me on shipping it took well over two weeks to get my package. I sent a couple of emails to ask what was taking so long and did not here anything from them until the day after I had recieved my item, telling me I should be getting it soon..

#23 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:27 PM

They start off their auctions at .99 but charge usually $8-9 for shipping. If you order on their website they have a flat $5 charge i think for your entire order. I dont see how they do so much business on ebay still with their horrible practices.

#24 Oxnard Montalvo

Oxnard Montalvo

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

Just to throw my oar in the water Ebay is a really wierd place right now. My wife and I are sellers, Not SF stuff, although I do sometimes get rid of stuff I no longer want. anyway, Ebay has changed the rules massively lately makng it IMPOSSIBLE for a seller to leave bad feedback for a buyer. Luckily for you guys with a genuine grievance, you can go ahead and leave your feedback with no fear of retaliation. However on the other sde of the coin, We've been plagued recently with a spate of non payments and according to the new rules theres NOTHING we can do about it

#25 neoworx

neoworx

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Oxnard Montalvo @ Jul 1 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to throw my oar in the water Ebay is a really wierd place right now. My wife and I are sellers, Not SF stuff, although I do sometimes get rid of stuff I no longer want. anyway, Ebay has changed the rules massively lately makng it IMPOSSIBLE for a seller to leave bad feedback for a buyer. Luckily for you guys with a genuine grievance, you can go ahead and leave your feedback with no fear of retaliation. However on the other sde of the coin, We've been plagued recently with a spate of non payments and according to the new rules theres NOTHING we can do about it

I've had similar experiences recently, and it really does suck. I got my listing fees back but the buyer evidently gets away scott free. There has to be a better way.

I have considered leaving feedback

#26 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:42 PM

Actually if its still an option you can leave a non payment strike against the account. After three the users account is suspended. That is much more effective than feedback that really means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. At the very least you can sell to the next highest bidder as well. On the flipside I now have two deals in the last week that havent shipped for over a month. I personally think the sellers are becoming horrible on ebay and Ive been there since the start over 10 years ago.

I actually think that rule is a great one because most of my negative feedback comes from sellers who cant properly ship an item or whatnot leaving vindictive feedback in response to mine. There really is no reason for sellers to be able to leave feedback for buyers because outside of nonpayment a seller really has no complaint. And since there already is another system to report that (nonpayment strike) the negative feedback is redundant.

#27 neoworx

neoworx

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Jul 1 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually think that rule is a great one because most of my negative feedback comes from sellers who cant properly ship an item or whatnot leaving vindictive feedback in response to mine. There really is no reason for sellers to be able to leave feedback for buyers because outside of nonpayment a seller really has no complaint. And since there already is another system to report that (nonpayment strike) the negative feedback is redundant.

I disagree. The strike rule for non-payment does not allow for public pronouncement that the buyer is a deadbeat. I've been selling for 10 years myself, and I've seen my share of losers. Most buyers are great, but those that aren't should be punished just as sellers are, IMO.

But the point is moot. The rule is not likely to change.

#28 Oxnard Montalvo

Oxnard Montalvo

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (neoworx @ Jul 1 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I disagree. The strike rule for non-payment does not allow for public pronouncement that the buyer is a deadbeat. I've been selling for 10 years myself, and I've seen my share of losers. Most buyers are great, but those that aren't should be punished just as sellers are, IMO.

But the point is moot. The rule is not likely to change.

I agree 100% with Neo. The Unpaid strikes are not visible to the public, so other traders have no idea that the buyer has a history of non payment. I cant stress enough, bad customers are an extreme minority, but they do crop up, with many more problems than just non payment, we have had quite a few customers companing over easily rectfied problems, despatch time, etc.....wth some actually becomng extremely belligerent over nothing... I just wish it were possible to warn others. as for the practce of leavng 'good' feedback with a negative comment, I find that many people just look at the score and don't read the comments so it's self-defeating.

#29 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:55 AM

How many sellers 1. read the feedback of every buyer and 2. cancel the bids? I would say a very small minority overall. Yelling out to the rest of the public is just vindictive and somewhat childish. If the person does this 3 times the person is removed from ebay. I would personally just have the person removed than publicly humiliate him in a place that nobody reads anyway. I could see if there were great rammifications for sellers as well, but the sellers get their fees back and have the option of selling to the next highest bidder. If that were the only bidder then nobody wants the item anyway. I really dont see the point of negative feedback outside of getting "revenge" because if he does it 3 times hes gone.

#30 neoworx

neoworx

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:03 AM

I'm good with revenge. wink.gif

#31 Oxnard Montalvo

Oxnard Montalvo

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:25 AM

Feedback means everything....I would never leave vindictive feedback. But its the only tool folks have to see whats what. If someone gets out of the wrong side of the bed and decides to give me bad feedback over nothing (and it HAS happened) My reputation goes down, and the next two or three people may not buy from me because of it...and when it's your only means of income it can be devastating. I will gladly bend over backwards to sort out any problems, but there's a very small minority who just cant be pleased and its these are the people I get frustrated with.

#32 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (Oxnard Montalvo @ Jul 2 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Feedback means everything....I would never leave vindictive feedback. But its the only tool folks have to see whats what. If someone gets out of the wrong side of the bed and decides to give me bad feedback over nothing (and it HAS happened) My reputation goes down, and the next two or three people may not buy from me because of it...and when it's your only means of income it can be devastating. I will gladly bend over backwards to sort out any problems, but there's a very small minority who just cant be pleased and its these are the people I get frustrated with.

I know how important buyers leaving feedback for sellers is, but how does this at all relate to sellers being able to leave feedback for buyers? They are two completely separate issues.

#33 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:25 PM

I have been on Ebay for 7 years and i have seen why Ebay made the changes. The way it was before, Sellers wielded the power over buyers to give them positive feedback even if they provided sorry service. I and many other buyers pay immediately after the auction is over and should get positive feedback because of prompt payment, which is my end of the bargain, which has been fulfilled. When a seller has the power to leave me negative feedback even though i did exactly what i was supposed to do, and uses that power to keep me from leaving them Negative feedback even though i had to email them dozens of times and wait two months to get my stuff, and then find out they sent the wrong thing and have to start over again! I know that most sellers are on the level and do their best the do the right thing, but some are not reputable or just plain out sorry as##s and will not do right. A few screw it up for all of us. As a seller, you are not losing anything but a little time if a buyer doesnt pay, but previously buyers who wanted to hold onto their 100% positive feedback were held hostage by sellers who threatened retaliation for negative(truthful) feedback. I think the way it is now is much better.

#34 neoworx

neoworx

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:41 PM

Here's what I don't get: why not make the non-payment issue public and an automatic negative feedback? That way no seller is actually leaving negative FB, it's simply part of the system. Non-payment = negative feedback. Three and you're out.

Remember: revenge is a dish best served cold...and with feedback!

#35 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:16 PM

Another seller to beware of:

cgannrent09

I won a UQS Emperor Palpatine figure from him. He even used the description from the DST Web Site with their picture. The day I paid for it DST put out a ship date update saying that the figure had been pushed back a month. So I contacted him asking about the delay and all and all he said was "It will be shipped Today" So I waited and a few days later got a package from UPS. I could tell by looking at the box that it was the wrong size so I opened it to see what he actually sent me. It was a 12" Palpatine made by Kenner (many years old) covered in half an inch of dust. The figure had just been tossed in the original box and all were in bad shape. I Immediately contacted him and started a claim with PayPal. He sent me a message asking me to send a photo of the damage. So I had to respond and let him know that it wasn't the damage it was the fact that it wasn't the right figure.He told me that he would refund my money after I sent it back to him. So I sent it back and requested to be reimbursed for the return shipping. All I got back was a message saying " I agree that none of this was of any fault of yours and I would like to send you a gift for your understanding". WHAT?? No I want a refund. So Paypal came through with the refunding my money for the initial payment but I am still out the return shipping. The messages I have sent have now gone unanswered.

#36 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:41 PM

I despise people like that. I had a similar experience back in '05 which had to be resolved by getting paypal involved. That was the first and only negative ebay feedback that i have ever left.

#37 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:48 AM

paypal screwed me when I opened a claim against someone. The figure was not MIB...The bubble was barely hanging on to the card and Paypal told me they can't do anything about damaged stuff, only if I didn't recieve my item. It was a load of crap is what it was.

#38 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:17 AM

Seems to me that if your a Ebay seller, your pretty much at the mercy of the buyers. If you have a buyer not pay you, ebay does pretty much nothing about it except give your fees back, you cant even leave negative feedback for the buyer! What kind of a system is that? screwed up in my opinion! And there is no where to complain about it either.

#39 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:00 AM

I wanted to post here and remind everyone that

18. The posting of anyone

#40 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (FHC @ Oct 29 2010, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wanted to post here and remind everyone that

18. The posting of anyone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users