• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 telephiten

telephiten

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:43 AM

Greetings,

I'm looking for a site (or sites) that I could use to identify '90s playmates Star Trek accsories.

Could you help me with some useful links?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

#2 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:40 PM

Try Newforce Comics Trek Reference Center

#3 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:28 PM

Yeah The NFC Reference Site would be pretty much the only place online anymore that is a comprehensive site. Most of the old playmates information is located on the OLD LAYOUT page, which I am converting to the new layout and is an ongoing process. If you can't find it on the old layout, it has probably been moved over to the new side and been deleted from the old. (I needed to start saving some hosting space so I had to start making room)

#4 MarcelS

MarcelS

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:44 PM

A few years ago I used Rene Bousqets homepage, it was the best site I ever found, he has so many playmates figures and all variations.
His site wasn't been updated the last years and now it's gone. AOL has closed also his website

somebody know what happened?

#5 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:04 PM

I admired Rene's Site as well. AOL Decided to stop hosing all of the personal members homepages, so EVERYONE that had an AOL website got deleted.

I was in contact with Rene just before his page was deleted about using some of the information and images from his page and he was more than gracious to let me use them. the lame thing was that when I finally got the OK His page was gone. If only I had asked like a week before I would have been able to literally save his entire webpage.

I do hope that in time, once I have completed the major overhaul on the New Force Site, people will look to the site as their MAIN source for information. But again, it is going to take me a Looooong time to get all the images I need for the Playmates side. It almost took me a year to complete the Art Asylum page. I started Last August.

#6 MarcelS

MarcelS

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Jun 5 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I admired Rene's Site as well. AOL Decided to stop hosing all of the personal members homepages, so EVERYONE that had an AOL website got deleted.

I was in contact with Rene just before his page was deleted about using some of the information and images from his page and he was more than gracious to let me use them. the lame thing was that when I finally got the OK His page was gone. If only I had asked like a week before I would have been able to literally save his entire webpage.

I do hope that in time, once I have completed the major overhaul on the New Force Site, people will look to the site as their MAIN source for information. But again, it is going to take me a Looooong time to get all the images I need for the Playmates side. It almost took me a year to complete the Art Asylum page. I started Last August.

Too bad,

His site has the completest list I've ever found on the net,
NFC Site is becoming better, so let's hope be the completest star trek AF guide on the net.

What happened with Rene? He stopped updating his site in 2004 if I'm right,

#7 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

I would like to think that my site is rather complete. sad.gif

LOL

#8 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:07 PM

Don't worry, Mark, we love your site too. happy.gif

#9 Smitty

Smitty

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:24 AM

http://www.newforcec...f/nevertoys.htm

Oh look at the TOS Bridge playset! Sadly never saw the light of day!

http://www.newforcec...ever6infigs.htm Scroll to bottom...that's breaking my heart!

If IF PM can get the license to do all the series again may I wish they'll find the specs for those and make 'em!

Please!!!!!

-cs™

#10 MarcelS

MarcelS

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (FHC @ Jun 6 2009, 04:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to think that my site is rather complete. sad.gif

LOL

Yes !!!

For the Art Asylum AF collection I use your site, Rene's site is for everything before (playmates, galoob, mego etc)

#11 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:55 AM

Mark, your site has all the pictures, the NFC Site (when complete) will have complete accessories listings, item numbers, photos and release dates.

It will be finished one of these days I'm sure, but for now I just have to keep moving along with it, page by page.

#12 telephiten

telephiten

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:34 AM

Thanks for your answers (though I already image-googled most of my figures by now) at least I have someplace to look in the future. Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users