• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:22 PM

I feel QMx needs its own topic for general discussion versus making individual ones for every product they make.

I wish they could have their own forum like DST does, but I don't see that happening.

I got a new email from them teasing new ships at SDCC.

ujVVLX0.jpg

Surely these will be collectors scale, and affordable, and not their crazy expensive ones right? Please? I really want a nice Franklin, and a Falcon would be swell.

Anyone know what the right ship is?

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:41 PM

That would be the Millano from Gaurdians of the Galaxy.

Good call on the QMX thread. I have a feeling they will be getting a lot more of my money.

#3 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:53 PM

There is one QMx item I'll be getting tomorrow from Loot Crate that I'm really excited about. This months theme was Futuristic, so it included a Rick and Morty, Valiant Comics, Futurama, Megaman, and Star Trek TNG item.

The Futurama item is this beauty:
zkGzwea.jpg

It's a QMx mini masters ship, so it'll give me a hint of the lines size and quality for when the Trek ships release.

#4 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:58 PM

Middle one's the Franklin I reckon, and the left one is an X-Wing? :P

Any word on their small Star Trek ships (the refit, TOS 1701 etc)? They looked absolutely gorgeous.

EDIT: The QMX Kirk figure has the best looking head of any Kirk figure/bust I've ever seen - it's the image of young Shatner. The Spock figure doesn't look like Nimoy though.

#5 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:31 PM

I'm hoping we'll see more of the mini master ships at SDCC.

Maybe even some collector scale line stuff? Doubt it since its been years... But I can dream damnit.

I wouldn't mind a Beyond phaser or Beyond Enterprise metal ship thing like they did the the 2009 movie.

Part of me is hoping Amazon does another exclusive gift set that includes one of those like they did for the last two movies.

#6 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:07 AM

Franklin, Falcon and Milano are the three ships in the poster above.

My guess is that just like Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness they'll do a promotional piece to tie into the Blu Ray release.

I think Mega Bloks, QMx and Mezco should have their own sub forums. Seems like DST is just holding onto this licence by heir finger tips these days with no concrete plans for the future, no announcements that they'll be doing toys for Star Trek 2017....

I hope we see more mini masters from QMx, seems like these will be plastic ships which is a bit of a shame, especially as plastic wrap nacelles are more fragile.

Corgi did some superb diecast ships for the 40th anniversary and it's a shame we've not seen anything similar to those just more detailed and accurate from QMx

#7 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:22 PM

There is one QMx item I'll be getting tomorrow from Loot Crate that I'm really excited about. This months theme was Futuristic, so it included a Rick and Morty, Valiant Comics, Futurama, Megaman, and Star Trek TNG item.
The Futurama item is this beauty:zkGzwea.jpg
It's a QMx mini masters ship, so it'll give me a hint of the lines size and quality for when the Trek ships release.

Oh wow. The Planet Express looks awesome.

QMX is really starting to ramp up and make a lot of stuff I like. I'm really excited about Supernatural. I hope that you they do a few props as well as the 1/6 figures.

#8 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:15 PM

Here is an album of some additional shots of my Planet Express Ship. I have some comparison shots with the EM ships since the Trek mini master ships from QMx will probably be roughly the same size. 

http://imgur.com/a/O2Gno

#9 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:24 PM

So QMx have updated their photos on Facebook and oh my, my wallet is in so much trouble... The Franklin, oh the Franklin... Or should that be the USS Franklin NX-326

It looks as though it may be a smaller model than the older artisan ships so it should be cheaper? £350/£450 perhaps?

#10 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:25 PM

Here is an album of some additional shots of my Planet Express Ship. I have some comparison shots with the EM ships since the Trek mini master ships from QMx will probably be roughly the same size. 

http://imgur.com/a/O2Gno

What's the quality like? Is it made from a good standard or indeed a better standard of plastic than that of the Eaglemoss ships?

#11 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:29 PM

I don't know how to word it. The plastic feels... harder? It definitely feels high quality, which isn't surprising since it's QMx.

Just looked at the facebook pics.

Lots of new figures, looks like a Kirk in his chair ad movie Kirk and Spock. Looks like Picard, Worf, and Data are there too.

There's also a red shirt who's head we can't see, I'd guess Scotty.

As for the Franklin. Good god, shes a beauty. She is definitely smaller, maybe around the size of the Serenity cutaway which went for $300 to $400. I may have to save up for it if that's the case.

#12 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:49 PM

I am certainly going to throw money at QMx for the Franklin... I very much hope this is the beginning of a new line of reasonably priced ships. $300/$400 isn't bad at all (still, may have to save up and sell some other things).

Didn't expect to see so many Star Trek 12 inch figures from them. By my reckoning I'm sure I saw a Star Trek Beyond Kirk, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Kirk and Spock, TNG Data, Picard and Worf, TOS Scotty, Green shirt Kirk with chair, McCoy and the already released Spock and Kirk. That's an incredible selection of figures.

#13 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:15 PM

Here is the Franklin.

g2UMNOx.jpg

I didn't see it the first time, but I guess it's lit.

#14 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:38 PM

Yeah she's gorgeous. Reminds me a lot of a really cool fan-made TOS era design.

#15 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:34 PM

I really like it, looks like it came out of the same mind of the bod who designed the ships in Event Horizon.

Had hoped EM would show theirs, if it exists.

#16 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:49 PM

http://news.toyark.c...tar-trek-213861

My oh my, these great items all out of reach unless I hit the lottery or rob a liquor store

#17 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

Lots of great stuff at thier booth,for sure. Had a nice chat with Bob,and then someone else,and they told me some good stuff. Looking forward to a lot of it. And FINALLY some new movie stuff! About bloody time!

J-R!

#18 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:34 PM

I've seen some selling thier stuff on a flex plan. Wonder if it requires Ola credit check??😀

#19 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:59 PM

QMx really knocked it out of the park this year. Showed up DST big time.

#20 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:03 PM

Did they have the little ones from last year (refit etc)?

Random thing, but that Millennium Falcon looked great as well. Same as with the new Serenity they showed off, I love how you can take the top off to look inside.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users