2 replies to this topic

#1 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

Hey guys,  Im just now getting to put my D stands together but because of my disability my hands are not very strong any more.   Im trying to get the old one apart from the base.  My wife isnt strong enough either.  Has any one had any luck getting these apart?

#2 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:33 PM

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do... are you trying to take the upright portion off the Starfleet insignia base, or are you trying to remove the ship from the stand?

If it's the first one, squeezing the V of the upright section slightly and shifting it backwards and forwards should separate it.

If it's the second, gently rotating the ship slightly port-starboard around the peg should free it.

#3 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:27 PM

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do... are you trying to take the upright portion off the Starfleet insignia base, or are you trying to remove the ship from the stand?

If it's the first one, squeezing the V of the upright section slightly and shifting it backwards and forwards should separate it.

If it's the second, gently rotating the ship slightly port-starboard around the peg should free it.

The first one.  Thanks for replying.  I didnt know who else to turn to.  I feel stupid not being able to do normal things like this any more.  Ill try that and let you know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users