• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:33 AM

Hulk and the Hulkbuster look really cool!!!! So DST can announce that already but not a new ST ship?! Hmmmm.....ok.

J-R!

#62 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:11 AM

What's that got to do with anything?

#63 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:10 AM

Announcing a new ship? lol. It was an observation,that if they can announce a MS fig long before it comes out,why not a ST ship which is almost ready. Plain and simple.

J-R!

#64 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:12 AM

Announcing a new ship? lol. It was an observation,that if they can announce a MS fig long before it comes out,why not a ST ship which is almost ready. Plain and simple.

J-R!

They announce their Trek ships before they come out, and if I had to guess they don't have the final approval to announce the ship yet, or the prototype just isn't ready to be shown. Would love just a name, but we all know that isn't how DST operates. 

#65 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

Oh ok. So this pre-order of the Hulkbuster with pics and and such,is further along than the next ship they said was almost ready? Got'cha. And yeah,just a name would be good,so I know if it's something I want or not,lol.

At least the MS line is really good,but I'm still a little behind. Hoping DST will continue the ST Select though,still hoping for a Data.

J-R!

#66 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

Oh ok. So this pre-order of the Hulkbuster with pics and and such,is further along than the next ship they said was almost ready? Got'cha. And yeah,just a name would be good,so I know if it's something I want or not,lol.

At least the MS line is really good,but I'm still a little behind. Hoping DST will continue the ST Select though,still hoping for a Data.

J-R!

Do we know how the process works? Like I said, they may need approval before announcing a new product. The RBoP isn't going to have any official shots posted, or a preorder up until summer, and it looks very far along from the shots we've seen. 

If DST could release info on the next ship, i'm sure they would. 

#67 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:47 AM

I was just going by what was said elsewhere,nothing else. Looks like it's a loooong process though,lol. But like I said,a name would go a long way,and might even get people talking about it.

If Vision was any good in the Avengers movie,I hope they do a MS of him. Would still like a Groot and Rocket as well. Ant-Man looks great,might hvae to pick him up at some point. Could be a fun movie. lol.

J-R!

#68 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:12 AM

I get that, but saying "why can they announce one thing, but not the other" isn't a logical argument. Clearly the Hulkbuster is further along in its development then the next Federation Star Trek ship, even if it is "almost done." 

Part of me is tempted to buy the Hulkbuster... even though i'm not a big marvel fan.. he just looks awesome. 

#69 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:26 AM

It seemed logical to me since it seemed they were almost there,and I thought the MS Hulkbuster wasn't that far along. My bad for thinking logically of course,lol!

Yeah,got a few MS's I would like to pick up,see what pops up at Comic Con in July. Could be fun!

J-R!

#70 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:11 PM

I think "almost done" meant prototype almost complete and ready to be shown.

#71 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:52 PM

Again i'm just assuming stuff here... But I would think developing an action figure is easier then a big electronic starship with complex paint apps, lights, and sounds. So even if development on the ship has been going on longer, the HB could still be done first.

#72 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:24 PM

Your assumption sounds logical. lol. And an action figure is of course faster to make than a ship. Guess time will tell what it'll be,still wouldn't mind just a name though. Hopefully in July at Comic Con. lol

Also hoping there are new MS on display,or some info on new ones. Even though I'm in no rush to see Avengers 2,I agree that the HB looks really cool. Guess I'll have to wait for a Groot and Rocket till the next GotG movie comes out,lol.

J-R!

#73 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:53 PM

With how massively popular the Marvel universe movies seem to be, I don't think they'd have to wait for movies to release figures. I'm sure it would help boost sales a bit, but it probably wouldn't be necessary.

#74 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

True that. And I remember last year,a LOT of people wanting a dancing baby Groot,lol! And even Hallmark wanted to make a Rocket orny,don't know why they didn't. They have a baby Groot this year of course,lol. I guess these days Marvel stuff just sells itself. Good thing I only get the occasional MS fig,lol. But I'm a Spidey fan too,so I do get a lot of Spidey stuff here and there. Not bothered with the rest of the Marvel universe,for some weird reason. I see the movies,and that's about it.

J-R!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users