Photo

Mego Corporation Revival - Could this mean new Star Trek toys?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#101 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:53 AM

I received my order of the Dress uniform Kirk and Spock, the new Romulan with a more screen accurate outfit, and regular Uhura. Dress uniform Kirk and Spock have more screen accurate Phaser and communicator color, not just blue like they are traditionally. I like having new Mego stuff coming out like this!

#102 MisterPL

MisterPL

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:45 AM

So how are these things selling everywhere else?

At my nearest Target, the first assortment sold out entirely and pretty quickly. It seemed Gorn and Spock from the second wave came and went within the same week. The third assortment is lingering a bit longer. 

Are there any plans to offer Trek figures based on the other TV series?

#103 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:47 AM

Yes, there are supposed to be figures made from other Star Trek series as well. Target stores seem to have trouble stocking the different waves of Mego figures. The Target closest to me never got anything past Wave 1 and still have some of those still there. I believe most people had the most success with Target.com, which is where I got nearly all of mine through Wave 3. The wave 4 figures are not exclusive to Target and so many people order from BBTS, Toywiz,Cotswold and any number of other online retailers. I believe the Star Trek and Monsters figures have sold very well, other lines like Brady Bunch and Married with Children not so much. The ones that didn't sell well we're Target exclusive and most likely won't continue. I bought my Wave 4 Star Trek figures from Cotswold collectibles, set of 4 for $54.99. That translates to $13.72 each. Not a bad price In my opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users