#21 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:46 AM

sybek, you should do everything you can to watch this show lol

www.bbc.co.uk/topgear

i would've thought it would be on in some fashion over in the states. when i go to mauritius, its on every monday at 7pm on bbc world

#22 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:23 AM

Golf Balls!!

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

I think that's the male equivalent to the curious condition known as 'Futon Fanny'........in which case I can only sympathise with Hugh Grant! blink.gif blink.gif

(BTW: That's 'fanny' in the British sense!)

#23 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:19 AM

gott alove Hammond's little hissy fit on the golf course - i guess thats his equivalent of spitting out the dummy, only this was dumping out the golf clubs lol

seriously though - how sad must those golfers be? if that was their genuine reaction, they really do need to get a life. i'd be honoured to have Clarkson & Co. arguing ahead of me, holding up the play.

#24 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:17 AM

^^^Too true!

I mean, TBH, golf's such a dull game, I reckon I'd welcome just about any kind of diversion on a golf course!

And what about the clothes they were wearing?????!!!!!!! blink.gif

#25 MattP

MattP

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:10 PM

Thought it was a good show last night - some controversial remarks from Jeremy about the missing 300 sex offenders all driving at 50mph in the outside lane to avoid being caught.. blink.gif Captain Slow in the Veyron... smile.gif He isn't slow any more! tongue.gif

#26 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(MattP @ Feb 5 2007, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thought it was a good show last night - some controversial remarks from Jeremy about the missing 300 sex offenders all driving at 50mph in the outside lane to avoid being caught.. blink.gif Captain Slow in the Veyron... smile.gif He isn't slow any more! tongue.gif

jeremy? controversial? never! biggrin.gif

#27 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 03:02 PM

I just had to be first... I have never laughed so hard in ages, I thought the caravan holiday was hilarious, that just beats it hands down. I have also made a note never to go too Alabama with my partner, we'll be driven out before even crossing the border. America is a scary place :S

cheers,
Tk

#28 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:17 AM

Where do i even begin with last night's show? There was not a single segment that did not have me laughing - that was possibly the funniest TG i've ever seen

'Man Love Rules OK' - hahaha, driving through Alabama trying to get each other shot was quite possibly the stupidist - and funniest - thing the TG team has ever done (although i reckon i could have come up with more inciteful slogans lol)

That shower Jeremy had in his car had me laughing out loud - and just where the hell did he get that cow from?! theres no way that thing was lying at the side of the road!

i wish our American friends could see this ep - i'd love to know what they think of Jeremy's take on the States!

#29 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:35 PM

^^^I've just seen our recording of this from last night. A true TG classic! I laughed so loud I nearly wet myself!

Did you see how BLOATED that cow was????????? roflmao.gif

...........and when James ran over their dinner before..........and that squirrel was STIFF!! roflmao.gif

..........say, you want cheese with that? roflmao.gif

Yeah, Kat, never go to Alabama!!

I truly thought I had given myself a hernia when American Stig walked out of that trailer!

#30 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:17 PM

Hammond's reaction when he realised he was going to sail straight into the croc-infested river - he was too busy worrying about the TV camera to realise where he was was so funny!

also loved they way Hammond kept bumping into May's car as well

i'm definately gonna have to catch one of the repeats on later this week

BTW, i picked up the new paperback Clarkson has out in the shops yesterday, 'Born to be riled'. its apparently a rerelase of a collection of his newspaper articles from 1999, but i've never seen it before. should be a great read!

#31 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:57 AM

^^Enjoy!

I forgot to mention that for me the most side-splitting moment was when Jeremy started pulling manky bits of clothing out of his car (supposedly belonging to the last murder victim) and the stains on his seat were truly heinous! ohmy.gif Believe me, I could smell that car long before he stuck a dead cow on it!

#32 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:32 AM

My most favourite part is through out the whole show is Jeremy and Hamster crashing into the rear of Slow tongue.gif Then the whole scene with Alabama and then finally when it started raining, all though I laughed from start to end, those were my fave parts.

cheers,
Tk

#33 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:11 PM

^^^The rainy sequence bought back horrible memories for me of driving down to Portsmouth this past New Year's Eve, where there was bad visibility, and a bad case of Cadillac roll! My Fiesta has zero road holding in the wind and wet. dry.gif

I thought that Alabama sequence just had to be staged. I can't believe that people would get that worked up ove a slogan saying "Country & Western Music is Rubbish" and "NASCAR sucks"! They surely had to have gone to a "Rednecks R Us" casting agency! laugh.gif

Crikey, I mean, if that was for real................. huh.gif

#34 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:45 PM

Jules, i can't speak for my American friends, but having studied American history for the better part of the last 5-6 yrs, i'm inclined to believe that that was real

from my understanding, people from the south are deeply religious - and i think you may find that their main problem was with Hammond, who had 'Man Love Rules OK' written in pink on the side of their car! i think the first thing the woman asked was if Hammond and Clarkson were gay. That was bad in itself, but combined with all the other anti-south slogans riled them up no end lol

that sequence when they were on the raod and they picked up the truckers talking about hookers on their radio-thingys was a hoot as well!

#35 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:42 AM

^^^Well, it's funny you should say that. For scary entertainment I occasionally lurk a message baord called RightNationUS (the title says it all) and I would have to concur with you. That's soooooo scary! ohmy.gif

The CB radio sequence was priceless also! Have you ever had a go on CB yourself?

#36 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:10 AM

Noi haven't Jules, but i'm guessing you have?

Another funny moment i remembered from that ep was when Hammond and Clarkson had bought their cars were waiting for May, and i think it was Clarkson who said "he'll just say 'hello' and he'll get shot". Clarkson's impression of May's voice had me in stitches lol

#37 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:36 PM

My sister had a CB radio back in 1988. The day after my Grandad died we were frantically trying to track my parents down in their hotel in Tenneriffe, and I had to go their house for the travel details and accidently tripped the burglar alarm. While we were waiting for the engineer to come and reset it (and dealt with the police who came zooming out to us), we sat in her car and played "Lady-breaker on the side" for about an hour. I remember back in 1979 when CB radios were all the rage with young blades driving their first cars. They thought those huge whippy aerials were a status symbol. We'd drive around for hours talking crap over the radio, and at some point you'd see another twit driving past with a whippy aerial and yell "EYEBALL! EYEBALL!", pointing wildly out the windows while veering crazily all over the road.

Embarassing really. wacko.gif

#38 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:56 PM

this may be from an article more than 10 yrs old, but damn its funny:

"Moving about Norfolk, however, can be fun. I am used to having people point as i go by. Most shout, 'Hey, look, it's a Cosworth!' but in Norfolk they shout, 'Hey look, it's a car!' Everywhere else people want to know how fast it goes, but in Norfolk they asked how good it was at ploughing. The spoiler fascinated them because they reckoned it might be some sort of crop sprayer."

Sorry if that offended anyone from Norfolk, but thats right from the wit of Jeremy Clakson lol

actually, its from that Clarkson book i was talking about - i'd be happy to post anymore gems lol

#39 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:31 AM

^^^Oh please do!

Crikey, my dad was after a Cosworth once, until we wrestled him to the floor and pinched him until he squeaked and changed his aspirations to an Impreza, which was a slight improvement even if the early Imprezas looked like those pull-along vacuum cleaners without the hose!

Yeah, don't worry about offending anyone from Norfolk ~ they utterly deserve it! My parents met in an ampit called Cromer, and I spent the worst holiday of my entire life there! Norwich has the rudest market stall holders. Let 'em have it Jeremy!

Oh, and have you guys seen the trailers for Sunday's show? It should tweak the curiosity of a few here....the guys are going to paint a Robin Reliant white and turn it into a space shuttle! roflmao.gif

..........and they're launching it!

#40 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:13 PM

hahaha, another great show tonight!

clarkson finally got to meet his idol - lol at May and Hammond acting like little school kids trying to rile poor jezza

that tractor stuff was hilarious - what the hell was clarkson thinking trying to pull that aeroplane? and how about May dumping all those seeds in one go?

roll on next week!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users