TNA vs. WWE

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#81 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:43 PM

Now that I think of it I believe the Bret Shawn ladder match might have appeared on one of the old Coliseum tapes. I know one of the highlights from what Ive heard about this DVD is the TLC match from Smackdown. From my understanding its one of the few ladder matches that have yet to appear on a dvd somewhere.

#82 Electricbolt

Electricbolt

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Most Sci Fi, however a strong emphasis on Star Trek, Stargate, and Doctor Who.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:47 PM

Matches on the DVD:

Jake Roberts vs. Big Daddy Ritter from Stampede Wrestling in 1979 for the North American title
Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels: 1992 House Show
Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon: 1995 SummerSlam
HHH vs. Rock: 1998 SummerSlam
New Brood (Hardy Boyz) vs. Edge & Christian: 1999 No Mercy
Edge & Christian vs. Dudleys vs. Hardy's: 2000 Summer Slam TLC match
Shannon Moore & Shane Helms vs. Jamie Noble & Evan Karagis vs. Kaz Hayashi & Jimmy Yang: WCW Starrcade 2000
Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho: 2001 Royal Rumble
Hardy's vs. Dudleys vs. Edge & Christian: WrestleMania 17 - TLC II
Jericho & Benoit vs. Hardy's vs. Dudleys vs. Edge & Christian: Smackdown 2001
Edge vs. Christian: 2001 No Mercy
RVD vs. Eddie Guerrero: Raw 2002
Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy: Raw 2002
Kane vs. RVD & Jeff Hardy vs. Bubba & Spike Dudley vs. Jericho & Christian: Raw 2002
Chris Jericho vs. Christian: Unforgiven 2004
Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Edge vs. Christian vs. Kane: WrestleMania 21
Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero: Summerslam 2005
Matt Hardy vs. Edge: Loser leaves town from Raw 2005
Ric Flair vs. Edge: TLC match 2006 Raw
John Cena vs. Edge: TLC match 2006 Unforgiven
Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro: 2006 Raw
London & Kendrick vs. Regal & Taylor vs. MNM vs. Hardy's: Armageddon 2006

----
I just noticed 1 WCW match on the dvd... from Starrcade 2000, not sure how I missed that one. The Alliance match between Edge and Christian I don't count tongue.gif

#83 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:49 PM

RIP 'Sensational' Sherri Martel sad.gif

i really can't/don't want to believe this. My thoughts are with her family

I hate to sound morbid, but i had a feeling a wrestling personality would pass away given the current McMahon storyline. I just didn't expect it to be someone so young (Sherri was only 49)

#84 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:29 PM

Its sad that every wrestler from the 80/90s who has died has been around that age or younger. The life of drugs and steroids eventually catches up with people. Its sad that even after their time in the spotlight is over that many of them cant clean their lives up.

#85 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:54 PM

Thats terrible news!! sad.gif

It was only a few months ago I was watching her WWF matches from the late 80's....her feud with Moolah.

I've had her action figure on order for a week or two...it should be here soon. It will have a somewhat more sombre arrival now.

*sigh* rest in peace Sherri.

#86 Electricbolt

Electricbolt

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Most Sci Fi, however a strong emphasis on Star Trek, Stargate, and Doctor Who.

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:57 PM

Another unfortunate loss just 10 days after Sherri. Chris Benoit, his wife, and 7 year old son were found dead at their home in Atlanta today sad.gif

WWE has cancelled the original plans for Raw tonight and are doing a tribute show.

#87 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:54 PM

I'm sure we have now heard that it seems Benoit killed his family, & then himself.

Truely horrific.

I do not recall much of Woman's work in WCW, but I do remember a few of her appearances.

Such tragedy lately...

Miss you Sherri sad.gif

#88 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:22 AM

Wrestlers just dont die, they die in groups and they die in families. This is just another hit to the Hart family who have had the most bizarre deaths of any wrestling family. First Owen dies from a accident in the ring, then Davy Boy Smith dies from a heart attack but his wife claims he was killed and now we have this story about the adopted son of the Hart family Chris Benoit. Not to mention that the late Brian Pillman was also very close to the family when he died of mixing perscription drugs with alcohol. A trule bizarre story added to the long list of bizarre stories from pro wrestling families like the Von Erichs, Harts and Guerreros.

#89 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:08 AM

i'm still in shock over Benoit

i didn't think he was capable of something like this. I know there are people out there who will attribute this to 'roid rage', but from what i've read about the killings it doesn't seem as if they were committed randomly.

its strange, when Eddie died and i watched the tribute shows and everything, i got a little teary-eyed. But with Benoit, i don't feel sad (even though i was a bigger fanof benoit than Eddie). i feel more shocked than anything. i gues it must be the circumstances surrounding both tragedies

one of the saddest things to come out of this whole mess is the irreversible tarnishing of the Benoit legacy. Unless he is somehow found not guilty, it would appear that WWE no longer want to be associated with benoit. His tributes, his profile and his merchandise have been pulled from wwe.com, and i understand that Toy's 'R' Us have pulled their Benoit figs, and silvervision.co.uk have pulled the Hard Knocks DVD. Its such a shame because Benoit the wrestler was one of the finest to ever grace the squared-circle

#90 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:24 PM

It is a shame. But at the moment...without a statement regarding Benoit's mental state, he is simply a murderer. He killed a woman & a seven year old boy.

No matter what he means to the industry, I cannot mourne him for this....only those he killed.

#91 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:31 AM

a while ago i posted in this thread about how i believed the IC title lacked the prestige it once had. its a shame that little has changed. on the other hand, i'm quite pleased to see that over on SD the US title seems to be gaining in prestige with each passing month. first we had a great feud between MVP and Benoit which really elevated Porter into a credible champion, and now we've got the makings of another classic feud between MVP and Matt Hardy.

in my opinion, MVP is gonna be a huge main event star one day, and Matt has always been my favourite of the two Hardys, so for me this feud is win-win. I hope it lasts over the course of the summer, and is able to put Matt over as a credible challenger to Edge's World title. Ultimately, i want to see MVP coming out on top (he's fine in the mid-card - he's not quite ready for the main event yet) with Matt moving on to a feud with Edge over the World title. Matt's been around a while now - he deserves at least a shot at the title lol.

as for the IC title, it seems little more than a prop nowadays (i know, i know wrestling belts in general are little more than props but at least they are treated with a modicum of repsect). Things seemed to be on the right track with Jeff Hardy and Nitro feuding over it, but its all gone downhill since Umaga won it. There really was no point in him having the title at WM23. To me, it made no difference, seeing as the feud was about neither the ECW Title nor the IC title. Just because Umaga had the IC title didn't make him anything special in my eyes against Lashley (and i have nothing against Umaga, i think he's a great character in WWE at the moment and i enjoy seeing him beat the crap out of people). Then Santino won it but he rarely defended it and was reduced mainly to appearances on Heat (which must really be an all-time low for the IC belt). He got lucky against Umaga at Vengeance and then got destroyed by Umaga in the rematch, and once again got destroyed last week. Santino was not a credible champion. So once again we have Umaga as the champ. I have no problem with Umaga being the IC champ - my problem is that he won't be feuding with anyone. I kno i may be jumping the gun a little bit here, but with the recent rumours and the SummerSlam poster, it seems as if Umaga is the IC champ purely for his feud with the guys from Jackass. What the hell is the point in that? Just like with Lashley, couldn't he have the feud with those guys without having the title? One again, the IC belt has been reduced to little more than some shiny decoration around Umaga's waist or shoulder. I really am fed up with the way that belt is being treated

#92 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:09 AM

the guys from jackass are going to bring wrestling to a new low along with david arquette winning the wcw title.

#93 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:12 AM

i am not looking forward to it (which is a good thing as i'll be in mauritius for the whole of August!) and i'm glad to hear future WWE owner Triple H is against it. From what i've read, it was supposed to be a much bigger deal than what it now apears to be (i.e. a lot more people were supposed to be involved, not just Umaga). What the hell was Shane McMahon smoking when he came up with this lol

#94 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:52 AM

I dont find those guys entertaining at all. I also dont think its going to generat any more ppv buys by having them on....well maybe just to see them get destroyed by umaga or somebody.

As for the IC title, I cant believe they are burying Santino like they are. The 123 Kid did the same type of thing and got over huge because they pushed him right. I think the IC belt could be so much more but they way the just flip it to different guys makes no sense. They never really got behind pushing the belt ever since they reintroduced it. And the belt itself is still hideous.

Im also still against the brands being called RAW and Smackdown. It should be the WWWF (screw the pandas and preferably drop one w) & WCW & ECW with the WWE being the overarching brand. I know its just a name but it would tie into the history of wrestling. They try so hard to bring back the old stuff on 24/7 but yet dont capitalize at all on current tv. typical vince rewriting history for us.

#95 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:54 AM

Lol, i've never even seen an episode of Jackass, so i really could care less about them. Didn't Umaga stiff one of them the last time they made an appearance for laughing during the match the idiot was in?

i like Santino Marella. The guy was/is something new and refreshing, he had some character to him (unlike some others who've been touted for greatness and i'm thinking specifically of Kenny Dykstra here) and i was interested to see him feuding with Regal over the IC title, which seemed to be in the cards a few weeks back but has obviously been canned for now. Hopefully he won't fade into the obscuity that is Heat.

Speaking of Regal, i really, really hope we see a power struggle which results in Regal overthrowing Coach. Regal is entertaining, a fantastic worker, good on the mic and a great wrestler (and i'm not being biased here just because he's English). i'd love for Regal to be main-eventing, but seeing as that will never happen i love seeing in a position of authority. His 2000-2001 run as WWF Commissioner was gold, and he makes for a much more believable authority figure than Jonathon Coachman. I'm sorry, but ever since the D-X re-union last yeahotmair i'll never be able to take the Coach seriously as an authority figure again - he's too much of a wimp. Instead, i think he should be a manager and rebuild his credibility...the World's Greatest Tag Team spring to mind - they could do with a mouthpiece. He could either just restrict himself to them or manage of stable of guys,

#96 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:49 AM

they routinely put the wcw ppvs on 24/7. i usually burn them to disc. its not the same quality but the next best thing since there are no wcw dvds on the way. come to think of it the wwe barely even touches the wwf librabry of old ppvs either....dont know why.

#97 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:17 PM

ah, i wasn't aware of that. i don't have 24/7

seems that you may not be aware of silvervision's tagged classics dvd line

they put 2 wwf ppvs in each set (eg WM 1&2)
unfortunately i don't think they are sold in the US

they are fantastic ~ and really cheap!

they are direct copies of previously released videos, so there is no blurring for attitude era ppvs

also there are only exra features on ppvs that were originally released with EF eg the recently released KotR 2000

#98 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:49 PM

Well what the heck is that! I thought it was the british courts that demanded the wwf could no longer be called that nor make any reference to the attitude era logo! You're telling me that you dont have to endure the ridiculousness of seeing everything blurred/beeped out that says WWF or displays the attitude logo?!

#99 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:05 PM

hell no i don't laugh.gif

although for any other wwe releases (e.g. career retrospectives such as 'From the Vault: Shawn Michaels') have all the attitude era stuff blurred and the words WWF bleeped out, which is highly annoying and frustrating.

But thank god the Tagged Classics are untouched. As i said, they are copied straight from the original VHS or DVD release. It also means all the original entrance theme music is kept in. i've read about the WM Anthology sets where music such as Demolition's theme have been edited out. Again, the TC sets escape this little annoyance!

Here's a link to the Tagged Classics ordering site so you can have an idea of what i'm talking about. Unfortunately, Silvervision do not ship to the US. If you could get hold of a R2 DVD player, and a way to get a hold of these DVDs, trust me they are well worth it. The box arts may not be too pretty, but i'm not the sort of person who gives a to much of a stuff about those sort of things .i'm surprised you've never come across references to these before. The first set (WM 1 & 2) was released over 3yrs ago

BTW, i'm not quite up to speed on the whole ins and outs of 'WWF becoming WWE' as i was on a hiatus from wrestling then. When i stopped watching it was still WWF and when i started watching again it had become WWE. I was vaguely aware of the name change at the time, but as i said, at the time wrestling didn't play any part in my life so i didn't really pay any interest.

#100 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:13 PM

I remember the change over to WWE....

"Get the 'F' out!!" biggrin.gif

I also really enjoy seeing Regal work..whether it be in the ring or in another capacity, he is always entertaining.

I do not watch Jackass...no interest. So I have no interest in seeing them wrestle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users