• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#1 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:20 PM

I don't know if anyone else here is a DC or Batman collector. But I saw the new stuff by Mattel on mwctoys.com review and I gotta say they're pretty good.

As a Kid I always loved the classic DC comic figures that Toy Biz was putting out in the late 80's And it's nice to finally see the classic batman being made once again. I hope they make a Joker and Riddler to go along with them soon. smile.gif

If anyone wants to check them out here's the link.

DC Universe Series 1

#2 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:20 PM

I saw them at the store this weekend and the Batman looked pretty good. I already had the previous Batman from the DC superheroes line so i passed. I think it had a new chest scuplt and head sculpt. The penguin was OK but I wasnt overly impressed enough to pay the $10 for it. When did toys become so expensive? When I was buying GI Joes in the early 90s they were $3 and Superhero figures were around $4-5. Granted the stuff is better now but double the price? Well I guess the rules of supply and demand work because we are still paying these high prices!

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:08 PM

I love these new figures. The only ones I have found are Batman and Red Tornado but hope top find the rest soon.

#4 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:34 PM

I have a small collection of the Mattel Superheroes:

Bane is hidden at the back.

Being a big Batman fan, I am totally in love with the 4 Horsemen's work on this line. Best Batman series to date IMO...next to DC toys 'Hush' series ofcourse!

I've always been a fan of Penguin & I really like all his figures...besides the Batman Returns figure...Now that was a lazy, LAZY effort!

I love the Two-face from this series as well. It annoyed me as a young lad that Mattel would often make the white aspects of Joker & Two-Face a light blue colour! as they did for the animated series figures.
Clayface is beautiful, Love Batgirl, Harley & Joker. Catwoman is ok...the strange ring around her mouth ain't too pretty!

Hoping to see Poison Ivy & Riddler next from the batman universe. From Superman I would love to see a Lois. I dig the Clarke figure they made.

Has anyone here seen the figure of Barbara Gordon from 'The Batman' around? she's the main one I need these days. I did find Robin & Killer Moth in stores just before Christmas:

They showed this image as well from The Batman, though it doesn't seem like an action figure...but would have been nice to see:

#5 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:16 AM

What stores have you guys been finding these? I've been looking at Target & toys r us...

Ive always loved the Penguin also, but I was never really happy with the Danny Devito Penguin and how he mostly paraded around in that the baby PJs instead of his suit lol. Thats just not the Penguin to me. No one could play the penguin like Burgess Meredith.

I really like that Mattel Joker. When did it come out?

#6 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:36 AM

The two I have found have both been at Target. They seem to be the main supporters of this line right now.

#7 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:47 AM

I saw the Classic Batman at Target as well. They had two of them and no one else. I was going to pick one up but both had something wrong with them. DST isn't alone in quality control problems. Hasbro and Mattel have it as well wink.gif . I was only going to stick to all things Trek in my collecting but I might have to break for these, especially when wave 3 comes out. biggrin.gif They look great.

#8 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:41 PM

Speaking of quality problems I don't remember seeing all the bad paint mix ups when playmates had star trek. They always seemed pretty good....and everyones commbadge looked the same laugh.gif

I looked at Target the other day...guess I"ll have to try again lol.
Is there any pictures of the other waves of this line I can see?

#9 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:38 AM

TNI has pics of Wave 3 right now. They are due out in May.

#10 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

Got lucky and found the Orion figure this morning. He is awesome. Could be my favorite from the series.

#11 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:25 AM

I saw Batman at our local Target just after Christmas. The whole right side of his face was marked with a blue paint spoltch though and I didn't pick him up. He does look really good and I love the articulation.

#12 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:17 PM

These are definatly the best DC figures in a long time. I hope this line goes on for many years. LOL

Hey Jeremy, I found this one at the 1604 and Blanco Target. They also had The Penguin.

#13 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Jan 9 2008, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These are definatly the best DC figures in a long time. I hope this line goes on for many years. LOL
Hey Jeremy, I found this one at the 1604 and Blanco Target. They also had The Penguin.

Did you see the Green Lantern in wave 3? WooHoo!

#14 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:19 PM

That GL is pretty sweet. I will have to pick that one up. I really dont like Hal Jordan though. Im really upset with DC bringing him back and kicking Kyle Rayner to the curb.

#15 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Jan 9 2008, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That GL is pretty sweet. I will have to pick that one up. I really dont like Hal Jordan though. Im really upset with DC bringing him back and kicking Kyle Rayner to the curb.

Them thar is fightin words!!!!!!!!!

I am a huge Hal fan but realy like the others too. Even Kyle. I guess I am just a GL Corps fan. I have a feeling we will be seeing more GL's show up as this series progrsses. I hope they make Guy Gardner. He is one of my favorites.

Check out GL Corps. Kyle is now one of the main characters. It is a great comic.

#16 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:33 PM

I can't belive it..everyones finding these except me lol
I checked out my local Target and Toys R Us

When I heard they were making Robin in series 3, I figured it would be a classic Robin... mad.gif

#17 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE(skeletor @ Jan 9 2008, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I heard they were making Robin in series 3, I figured it would be a classic Robin... mad.gif

I am actualy glad they are doing the Robin they chose. He looks much better I think. And released in a wave with Nightwing and Deathstroke it makes more sense.

#18 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:15 PM

I've never seen him in that outfit, did he ever look that way in the comics?

#19 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:42 PM

That would be his current look. Hes had it for just about a year or so

#20 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:11 PM

correct. That is how he came back after the 1 year later series. I think it is one of the better Robin looks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users