• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 djc242

djc242

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:18 PM

I went to the Los Angeles screening last night. It is really great and covers a lot. The season 8 writers room is definitely the highlight. The run time is 2 hours but I could have easily sat through more. Check it out when you can!

PS - sat behind Herman Zimmerman!

#2 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:35 PM

That sounds awesome! Would have loved to have been there.

#3 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:54 AM

djc242,

Just curious, did you contribute to the crowd funding campaign? and were tickets to the even part of that? or did you just pick some up and decide to go?

I should add... I'd love to see this... I was only half heartedly watching DS9 when it 1st aired... missing episodes and catching them in reruns... but by the end of the 3rd season I was hooked and loved it... I never missed an episode from then on... even more than TNG and I still consider it the pinnacle of Trek story telling. I guess DS9 is what really solidified my fandom. 

Heck... I was living in Charlotte NC at the time... and used to get season passes to Parmount's Great America and recall they had an entire Trek Pavilion I'd just hang out in.

In retrospect, I think DS9 was  truly ahead of its time and helped pioneer the "novel" style of TV shows we see from the likes of Netflix. DS9 is still my favorite show

#4 djc242

djc242

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 06:49 PM

djc242,

Just curious, did you contribute to the crowd funding campaign? and were tickets to the even part of that? or did you just pick some up and decide to go?

I should add... I'd love to see this... I was only half heartedly watching DS9 when it 1st aired... missing episodes and catching them in reruns... but by the end of the 3rd season I was hooked and loved it... I never missed an episode from then on... even more than TNG and I still consider it the pinnacle of Trek story telling. I guess DS9 is what really solidified my fandom. 

Heck... I was living in Charlotte NC at the time... and used to get season passes to Parmount's Great America and recall they had an entire Trek Pavilion I'd just hang out in.

In retrospect, I think DS9 was  truly ahead of its time and helped pioneer the "novel" style of TV shows we see from the likes of Netflix. DS9 is still my favorite show

I did contribute so this screening was part of that reward. They did sell tickets just for this event.

It really makes you want to go back to that world, either in re-runs or in a new season (a long Hail Mary for sure).

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:12 PM

Thats really cool. Glad to hear they kept up their end of the bargin for those that did crowd fund!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users