Guardians of the Galaxy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

Got a chance to go see this this on Saturday and I had a blast.  This was probably one of the first comic book movies in a very long time that I have had very little knowledge of.  Before viewing I made it a point to try not to do much research anyway to keep it that way!  Let me say, I had a ton of fun watching this movie.  Im sure people will be able to pick it apart but I thought the characters were very strong and I fell in love with them through the movie.  I suggest it highly if you get a chance.  Iron Man is still my favorite comic book movie but this is a close second.                  

#2 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

Hey all,

I've only heard good things about this film. Planning on watching it on Wednesday and can't wait. I'm in the same boat. Done some very basic research into it but nothing too deep as don't want to spoil anything.

Will post as soon as I have.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#3 richpit

richpit

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek toys, Star Trek props, Star Trek stuff in general!

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

I knew basically nothing about 'Guardians', and I really enjoyed the movie.  I really like Rocket and Groot. 

It was a fun movie and is important to the ongoing Marvel Cinematic Universe, apparently Avengers 2 specifically.  (if I'm remembering correctly)

#4 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:05 PM

Run dont walk to see this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:49 PM

In a genre that I love, but often disappoints me, I thought this movie was a gem. While its not w/o its flaws, the story moves fairly effortless along, and there is a nice mix of action and dialog. I felt that the characters are developed well enough and their actions are consistent with that development. All this comes together to provide a good fun movie, and I was left wanting a sequel!

It doesn't take itself too seriously, and I think that may be a key reason why it works. Its not going to win any awards, but then this genre is supposed to be about good fun and escapist cinema, and I think it does it well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users