• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

Can't believe tickets sold out in just under an hour today! HOLY MOLY! Got four days during pre-reg before Christmas,was toying with the idea of trying to get Preview Night today though,lol. Looking forward to the con,but don't really know if I'm looking more forward to the commute by train between L.A. and San Diego,or the con itself,lol!

And DST better not have any cloaked BoP's as exclusives! LOL! Just kidding,wouldn't get them even if they came flying after me. Some cool Spidey exclusive would be fun though.

J-R!

#2 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:21 AM

I bet there will be a cloaked exclusive, you know there will be at some point!

#3 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:15 PM

I've taken to other conventions like Dragon Con. Comic Con has just gotten so crowded that its gotten hard to enjoy it, and that was years ago... so I'm thinking its only gotten worse. 

Just out of curiosity, do you get to some of the smaller panels? or doesn't such a thing exist at comic con anymore? or do you only hit the big events?

#4 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

Oh they have smaller panels,I just don't attend them as I don't do panels anymore. Got fed up with standing in line for a few hours and not get in 'cos some wankers never leave the room once they park thier asses there. It's kinda annoying. I also stopped doing exclusives.....officially. Not a big fan of exclusives but will pick some up IF: The line isn't too long,it's something I REALLY want,if someone has paid me to try and get them for them,or my attention span just suddenly decides I should do something about this,lol! What,impulse buys still exist? Oh don't you know it. Half my collection is bought on impulse,and boy am I happy I bought it when I'm actually into it.....again,lol.

Looking forward to the con again,as always. For me it starts on the platform at the train station in L.A. Everyone assume I'm going to Comic Con 'cos of my Spidey tat on my right leg and my Bart showing his ass tat on my left leg,and they assume correct of course. They can't see my two Trek tats,lol! So at around 5.45am I'm at the platform watching the sun come up and wait for the train which usually arrives around 6-6.05am,and leave at 6.15am. I get on the cafe coach,get a window seat upstaris and just enjoy the hell outta the train ride. Sometimes I start talking with people,sometimes people start talking with me and we have a GREAT train ride. I'm very easy to talk with,really good at small talk,and at listening,and ask stupid questions,and just an all round nice guy,lol! And I don't get all star struck when I talk with movie or tv people either,everyone gets the same treatment from me,we're all humans.....I guess,LOL!

Half the ride is along the beach,and I REALLY love that bit. I see surfers bobbing up and down in the water waiting for that big wave,people just waking up coming outta their tents or RV's,people and animals walking along the beach,and just enjoy everything going on. On the way back to L.A. I also see large groups of people gathered around a barbeque,or just sitting around having drinks,and it almost makes me wanna get off at Oceanside or somewhere and join the fun,lol! One day I WILL get off if only to take a walk along the beach,watch the sun go down,and think,what a perfect moment this is.

I'm hyper today,so my bad for a weird reply. And I just miss it all right NOW.

J-R!

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:37 PM

Its probably been 8 or more years since I last went, and I loved going to smaller panels with people like A.C. Clarke, but it seems like its just so big now. 

Thanks for sharing your exuberance!

#6 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:25 AM

You're welcome. I aim but to please.

J-R!

#7 robster

robster

Will work for toys.