26 replies to this topic

#1 pawpal

pawpal

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:57 AM

Hi guys,

Haven't been here for a while, but thought you'd like to know that Japanese model and toy manufacturer Aoshima are releasing an Enterprise-D this July. Lots of nice LED lit windows all around the ship, plus it comes with a shuttlepod as well!

You can check it out here http://www.amiami.jp.../e_display.html

EDIT: I found a link to the item on the manufacturer's website http://www.aoshima-b...tar10/index.htm

#2 2thGuy

2thGuy

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:24 PM

Nice find. Start saving your pennies, its $145 plus shipping!

#3 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

It has the same curvature of the back of the dorsal connect that th DST one has, instead of the bend in the studio model at the level of the saucer rim. The impulse engine is nice, though.

The paint app and lighting is incredible, provided the production run looks this good! It comes out at roughly €100, and I've already got the supremely pretty (and similarly sized) DST D on my shelf... It's tempting... but... if I win the Lotto!

#4 iams001efni

iams001efni

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:34 AM

Woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Holy Crap! that looks Sweet! It even has a Type 15 Shuttle Pod! I might have to get this......

#5 pawpal

pawpal

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:21 AM

New pics taken from the recent Shizuoka Hobby Show can be seen here (about 3/4 down the page) - http://www.blog.amia...1/05/22011.html

#6 iams001efni

iams001efni

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

wow, that looks awesome! 150 for 1/2500 scale is a bit steep though... I wish it was the size of the AMT big model and not the mini one....

#7 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:00 PM

without having to rack my brain, how does the size of this ship compare to DSTs version?

#8 iams001efni

iams001efni

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ May 14 2011, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
without having to rack my brain, how does the size of this ship compare to DSTs version?

Well if its 2500 scale it would probably be about half the size of the DST version.

EDIT: ooooops its 1:2000 scale hahah duhh it says it in the title. So probably around 3/4ish of the DST I would imagine

#9 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:17 AM

The Enterprise-D is 641m long/1000 = 64cm/2 = 32cm = roughly a foot long.

Holy Naughty-Word! That's bloody GORGEOUS! No, expensive thing, stop making me want you so much! Well done finding the pics!

The neck curvature issue I mentioned earlier is negligible compared to the DST version... this is just WOW!

I don't much care for the gunmetal version, mind.

#10 pawpal

pawpal

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (Destructor!!! @ May 16 2011, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't much care for the gunmetal version, mind.

That's not an actual release. It's a display sample to showcase the lighting on the model smile.gif

#11 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:10 AM

The shuttle pod is NOT TO SCALE!!!

THIS IS A DISASTER!!!! NOT CANNON (tongue.gif)

#12 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

Whaddaya know? DST were showing this ship off in Comic Con in San Diego! There's just a throwaway comment here, but they include a picture, which is small, but through magical internet magics, is also big, observe!

So, they're showing it off as a Japanese import - for $149.99, and now I see that UK-based SF/Fantasy collectible store Forbidden Planet is listing it for 15th November, at

#13 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:51 AM

Yeah I heard about this, looks pretty cool, if this is the final thing, I'll get it. Anyone know how big it may be? can't really tell.

#14 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (1701 @ Aug 1 2011, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I heard about this, looks pretty cool, if this is the final thing, I'll get it. Anyone know how big it may be? can't really tell.

The specs on various sites say 12" L x 9" W x 5"D

I just preordered one on BBTS for 149.99 plus 7.55 UPS Parcel Shipping ( I only live one state away from them though)

The delivery date says Novemeber...However most of the Japanese Distribution Sites say Thursday Aug 25th ....

A scary note....Some of the Japanese sites state that these items were NOT contaminated by the radiation from the reactors affected by the Tsunami and Earthquakes...Yikes.

Maybe the August Japanese release vs the November US date being so far apart has something to do with radiation checks at the US customs...I have heard we are doing that.

#15 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:39 AM

I think it's safe to say these wont be effected by radiation from Fukushima but I think your right in saying that the delay is to do with customs US & UK checking everything that comes from Japan at the moment. I hope it is November, gives my wallet a bit of breathing space!

Got mine from Forbidden Planet here in the UK,

#16 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

Page full of awesome detail photos, such as these, for example:

#17 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like Wil Wheaton had one as set dressing in his "Big Bang Theory" home in the latest episode.

#18 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:47 PM

I didn't see that myself, Kor'Tar, but I heard it was a DST Enterprise-D.

Just found this video. This thing is even sweeter than I thought. This gives a good idea of it's size, and shows off a feature I didn't know about! Skip to 3:00.

#19 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

The only thing that concerns me is in some of the supposed "Final production shots" the secondary impulse engines on the saucer are shown not painted...they are just solid red plastic.... I hope this is just with the one that is being photographed and not for the actual final production run :-(

Here is a picture of the final packaging BTW.... Very Similar to DSTs except for the box window.

#20 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:37 AM

Yeah, CBS is dictating that all trek be packaged in that lame-ass livery. Oh, for the days of packaging-as-artistic-expression.

I wouldn't be too surprised if this packaging was contributing to Trek's poor performance on the toy shelves. It's lamentably naff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users