• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#41 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:59 PM

I picked up wave 1 of both the BSG and DC minimates last week from BBTS. I'm loving this Minimate resurgence. The volume of DC minimates coming out in the next few months alone is awesome.

Here's the BSG release list from Minimate Multiverse:

Series 1:
- Flightsuit Apollo & Dualla
- Admiral Cain & Flightsuit Starbuck
- Cylon Centurion & Number Six
- CHASE: Kobol Six

Series 2:
- Admiral Adama & Colonel Tigh
- Cannon Centurion Cyclon & Boomer
- Vice President Baltar & Caprica Six
- CHASE: Gina

Series 3:
- Lee Adama & Kara Thrace
- D'Anna Biers & Sharon Valerii
- Helo & Deck Chief Tyrol
- CHASE: Chief Tyrol

2007 Exclusives
- Suncoast Cyclon 5-Pack {Valley of Darkness, Battle Damaged, Centurion, Downloaded & Cannon Centurion Cyclons}
- Toy Fair Starbuck
- Retailer Exclusive Dr. Baltar

#42 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:37 PM

Created a seperate thread for the BSG Minimates gang, enjoy biggrin.gif

#43 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:35 PM

Well, it's official, DST wave one will be the 7 figures that we have been hearing about. smile.gif
The latest ToyFare has a two-page interview with Chuck and he said that AFX would have Helo, Previews will have Black Dress Six and Suncoast/FYE will have Anders. smile.gif
He said that they will hopefully be out in August with wave 2 at the end of the year if all goes well. Also of note, the pilots will have removable gloved hands and helmets. Apollo will have the lighter and a cigar, Hotdog will come with playing cards, and Chief with a wrench.
Lastly, he said there could be a chance of both Classic minimates and figures.

#44 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:46 PM

That is great news. Although I am not sure about the Suncaost FYE exclusive since there are not many around here that handle that stuff.

#45 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:53 PM

The classic stuff from joyride was pretty cool. You can get most of it now for severe discounts. I would welcome some new more poseable sculpts for the classic series!

#46 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:01 PM

That's great news! Finally some info on these figures! Now, bring on the pre-orders!

Thing is, that Sucoast/FYE Anders sucks for me since they've all closed in my area. He's one I'm really looking forward to. I'm really hoping that's some sort of miscommunication (wouldn't be the first with ToyFare), seeing as how Suncoast/FYE seemed to get out of selling figures. Maybe he'll be an exclusive elsewhere more attainable.

AFX Helo, no problem.

#47 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(DrHoward @ Apr 11 2007, 09:01 PM) View Post
That's great news! Finally some info on these figures! Now, bring on the pre-orders!

Thing is, that Sucoast/FYE Anders sucks for me since they've all closed in my area. He's one I'm really looking forward to. I'm really hoping that's some sort of miscommunication (wouldn't be the first with ToyFare), seeing as how Suncoast/FYE seemed to get out of selling figures. Maybe he'll be an exclusive elsewhere more attainable.

AFX Helo, no problem.

As odd as it sounds the FYE by me started selling WWE figures just recently. I walked in and almost fell over in surprise. Maybe they are trying to get back into the selling of figures. Honestly I didnt even know Suncoast was still open!

#48 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:16 AM

All of the suncoasts in my area are gone now. I did find a couple of FYE's near me so I will have to check them out and see how the figure section is.

It would be great if they got into Classic figures too. I have been waiting for realy good and acurate classic figures for many many years.

#49 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:53 PM

I actually found one lone FYE still open nearby. It's been about two years since I went to that mall so I wasn't sure. Anyway, they DO have a large selection of wrestling figures, and a few shelfworn others like Muppets and Christmas Story. I got to talk to the store manager, and he said they automatically send them the new wrestling figures for some reason (although he said they weren't selling well), and the rest are sent to them as unsold stock from stores that closed. For new figures like our Star Trek and BSG, he said Suncoast would be your best bet. Just wanted to pass that along. smile.gif

#50 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:55 PM

Hey guys, DST put up the first picture of Red Dress Six bust as a product debut on their site. Personally, I don't see a very good likeness but it's cool that they're giving her alternate arms.
http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/

#51 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:58 AM

I will be passing on the busts. The likeness isn't that great and I have never been much into statues and busts. I realy wish that we could get some new pictures fo the BSG figures. I realy want to see which versions of Helo, Anders,and Hot Dog they are going to do.

#52 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:49 PM

blink.gif YEEEESH! I know a lot of people are (supposedly) upset about the death of Anna Nicole Smith, but does DST really need to make a bust of her? Seriously, that's NOT Patricia Helfer! The sketches for these looked so much better than the sculpts. I'm not much for statues and busts either, but I would have considered getting my favorites if they looked good.

I wish DST would release more photos of the figures, maybe even solicit them for pre-orders. We already have a long wait for the release, it would be nice to at least see them and get our orders in.

#53 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:17 AM

Something tells me we're going to see these a little later than Ausust. The SG Atlantis figures are due then and theyve been up for what, about a month now? IF BSG were coming then, surely they'd be up for pre-order by now. Pre-orders are starting to show up for figures coming out in October and November. I don't really care when, just as long as we get them!

#54 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:28 AM

BSG case assortment and new date : BSG

#55 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:05 AM

Will these be in scale with the SG figures?

#56 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:38 AM

I think they will be. DST said the reason they were having Jean St. Jean do the sculpts was becuase they really liked the way the Stargate figures turned out. And I believe the measurements on the prototype art work were the same as the SG figures.

#57 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:17 AM

Someone over at action-figure.com was griping about the lack of articulation. (Thanks for that update by the way, JMW326! smile.gif ) Didn't the protoytype artwork also point out the many points of articulation for the final figures? Another poster over there stated DST is blowing the pr not releasing updated pics, and I think he's right. From what I've been reading on other boards, a lot of people are losing interest because of the seeming lack of articulation and lack of updated info.

Personally, I'd like to find out if Chief Tyrol is going to be a mail away or con figure? Just in case I need to buy four others to get him.

#58 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:38 AM

The SG figures lacked articulation in the early prototype phase as well.

#59 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:58 AM

The production art showed the same articulation as the series 2 Tealc figure which to me is the perfect amount for this kind of figure. It also showed two different sets of hands (gloved and ungloved) for Apollo as well as a removable helmet. I would not buy these if they were done in the same way as say Marvel Legends. They would not fit the feel of the show then. Lets not forget that a lot of people complained about the SG1 prototype pics and even complained after the figures were released about the lack of knee articulation but that hasn't stopped SG1 from being the best selling line of figures DST has put out. I personly think BSG will be just a s popular if not more. Alot of people over at some of the other boards will complain about every little thing but still buy them all. They just like to get the attention.

#60 DrHoward

DrHoward

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Apr 27 2007, 08:58 AM) View Post
The production art showed the same articulation as the series 2 Tealc figure which to me is the perfect amount for this kind of figure. It also showed two different sets of hands (gloved and ungloved) for Apollo as well as a removable helmet. I would not buy these if they were done in the same way as say Marvel Legends. They would not fit the feel of the show then. Lets not forget that a lot of people complained about the SG1 prototype pics and even complained after the figures were released about the lack of knee articulation but that hasn't stopped SG1 from being the best selling line of figures DST has put out. I personly think BSG will be just a s popular if not more. Alot of people over at some of the other boards will complain about every little thing but still buy them all. They just like to get the attention.

Don't forget there are just as many people who say they'll buy them all plus multiples then not buy a single one. I was just saying these old photos are giving some the false impression that's the amount of articulation these figures will have and making them think twice about purchasing them. You and I know they'll have more articulation, but so many others don't seem to have that common sense or looked at the prototype artwork. I was unaware of the complaints about the SG figures because I don't follow that show.

I agree with your statement about the Marvel Legends; there's such a thing as too much articulation. That weird mid-section joint along the ribcage and chest on the ToyBiz figures always bugged me. As you said, all those joints wouldn't match the look and feel of the show. I'll be happy if the BSG figures have enough articulation to make a nice action pose, or portrait pose; they'll just be grouped on my shelf anyway.

Articulation aside, what I don't understand is how the BSG line isn't being kept in the public eye as the SG and Star Trek figures have been, with small pieces of news and occasional photos, just to keep interest stirred. I saw the ToyFare interview mentioned in only one place; right here. Likewise, action-figue.com is the only site with the case break down and new date. The latest E-Spectrum was all about SG figures and telling us to check the site Monday for more details. With TNG Wave 4, there was a front page story on the DST site. No figure pics, just photos of the actors, but at least they said who was in the series and when to expect them. Why don't they do something like that for BSG; just to remind people? There doesn't seem to be a lot of collectors excited about this line, mainly because information is so sparse, and they seem to have forgotten these are even coming. Maybe I'm just getting antsy because I'm looking forward to these so much

There are people who watch BSG who usually don't watch scifi genre shows, as well as us typical sci fi geeks, so you're right, this line has the potential to be one of the most popular lines DST has ever done. So far, I like what I've seen, even the early prototypes. There are so many characters and variants that could be done, simply with the same head swap technique used on the Trek figures. I'm not worried about the sales; if someone whines and doesn't want to buy them, feh, their loss. I'm hoping the line runs for a long while!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users