Jay's Content

There have been 2 items by Jay (Search limited from 27-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#53647 Status of License?

Posted by Jay on 23 July 2010 - 10:46 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (s8film40 @ Jul 23 2010, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand what kind of arrangement they have that allows them to keep the license but pretty much not produce anything. I love my DST figures but if they're done with it it's time to let someone else take a shot with it. I would love to see Mattel get it. I've been very happy with their set up for selling Ghostbusters so far. It's slow but steady.

I tend to agree with your line of thiking as well. I might be mistaken, aside from the TOS re-issues of Kirk, Spock, and McCoy that were TRU exclusives in 2009, there hasn't really been any new Action Figure offerings since 2008...Is that about right?

I would think that per the agreement with Paramound, DTS would have to put out a minimum offering of product for each year they have the license (however, since DTS is still putting out the shipts and props, I suppose that would fulfill such a quoata).

Since the VOYAGE HOME 2-pack was released, how about the 7 of 9 & Borg line, or the McCoy, Rand, Chapel figures?

#53643 Status of License?

Posted by Jay on 23 July 2010 - 08:32 PM in AA / DST

I have been collecting AA/DSTs line of action figures since 2005. I usually found all my figures at local comic book shops and some online resources. However, since 2009, I haven't been able to find ANY new product.

I even placed a pre-order on both the Kirk/Spock (Voyage Home) 2-Pack and the Sisco/Dukat 2-pack. However, both were cancelled. When I asked my local comic book shop about this, I was told the orders were cancelled per DST and all their pre-orders for the upcoming McCoy, Chapel, and Rand figures were cancelled as well. As far as I know, these have yet to be released.

Does anyone know the status of the Trek license with AA/DST? Have they given any offical statements?