AndyW's Content

There have been 31 items by AndyW (Search limited from 29-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#95613 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 24 January 2019 - 05:28 AM in Everything else.

Bonaventure's are en-route, mines waiting for me at home according to DPD.

Delayed response to getting the Disco-prise, mine arrived last week and I have to say its absolutely wonderful. As I've said before, I'm not a big fan of the show particularly, but this redesign really really works for me. Mine has straight nacelles and came un-damaged unlike quite a few peoples. 

I'll be getting the Clarke I think and maybe the Buran as its such a striking design.

#95106 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 12 October 2018 - 05:12 AM in Everything else.

Yes, they arrived on Tuesday. However they've emailed out asking everyone to send them back. Opened one up and I'm glad I didn't pay money, the reviews were correct its just not a patch on the other XL efforts.

#95084 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 10 October 2018 - 02:38 AM in Everything else.

I wasn't going to give in with another XL unless they got around to the Akira class but that Ent C looks hard to resist. I was a die hard AA/DST collector, but really I can't see me bothering with their Ent C.

Some of you may have been following on the Facebook EM fans group but there have been some odd goings on with the web store. Short version; a load of us who pre-ordered the Kelvin shuttle set received shipping notifications the same day (great we thought, they are out waaay early!) only to find, very randomly, that we've been sent a couple of XL Enterprise A's.

Never had anything happen like that before!

#94926 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 25 September 2018 - 07:51 AM in Everything else.

My concept Voy appears to have arrived if the DPD app is to be believed.

#94839 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 14 September 2018 - 03:50 PM in Everything else.

It was the XL Reliant. 

Early impressions, its good. I'm doing pretty well with the XL ships, the NX and Voy have been great, the Defiant less so in terms of paint but great in other regards. I've skipped the ones with less good reviews.

#94836 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 14 September 2018 - 02:51 AM in Everything else.

I've got a DPD delivery notice for today and the only thing I'm expecting is the XL Reliant and Voy Concept. Looking at the online store the Reliant now says 'add to basket' so it looks like that's the one on the way.

Still can't pre order the Kobyashi Maru though.

#94607 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 13 August 2018 - 07:18 AM in Everything else.

Bugger, I noticed someone on the TrekBBS has received their Voy concept so I must have missed the UK pre order for that, just logged on and looks like I've also missed the Kobyashi Maru pre order also. Double bugger.

Anyone else manage to order one??

#94488 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 27 July 2018 - 07:50 AM in Everything else.

Yep mine is totally different, sits much lower and doesn't sit right at all.

#94460 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 25 July 2018 - 05:57 AM in Everything else.

I don't like to tweet Ben complaints, but if it being loose is a 'feature' I'll be pretty annoyed enough to.

#94458 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 25 July 2018 - 05:18 AM in Everything else.

So, my XL Defiant just arrived here in the UK.

The good; its absolutely fantastic. Its huge, the detail is great, it sits on the stand perfectly and in general to me is the best, biggest Defiant model I've ever seen. Its a must have for me.

The bad; the changes to the paint application make it look a little more...toy like. I can't say exactly why, but thats the only difference between it and the regular sized issue. It might be that the finish is glossy perhaps, who knows. I mean it still looks brilliant, don't get me wrong. Next, and the worst thing...the deflector nose. Mine has a wobbly and droopy nose, its totally loose. If you pick the ship up and move it, it rattles and even when static its drooping way too low from where it should sit.

Mostly great though and the nose would be fixed if they send me a replacement.

#94375 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 19 July 2018 - 03:12 AM in Everything else.

Any sign of the XL Definat shipping? I've had no notification yet so just waiting.

The Europa looks absolutely fantastic, will be getting that one.

#94315 Potential Eaglemoss BSG Ship Collection

Posted by AndyW on 05 July 2018 - 07:04 AM in Everything else.

Mk2 Viper turned up today and I'm really rather impressed, certainly the best version of the ship I've ever seen. The AA/DST Resin statue might have more detail, but its been awhile since I've had them out of the box and they always suffered a little from wings not being straight.

The Mk7 will be stunning but does raise an interesting question, will they use the early seasons Zoic model (my preference) or the later Season 4 onwards Mk7.

Not sure if I'll keep my AA/DST Resin Vipers, as these EM ones are so good.

#94303 Potential Eaglemoss BSG Ship Collection

Posted by AndyW on 04 July 2018 - 04:00 AM in Everything else.

So, now I'm bowing out of the Disco collection (except picking the odd one) I can pick up a few of these. Have gone for the Mk2 Viper first.

Not sure on getting the Galactica yet, I have the resin AA/DST model and I absolutely love it.

Out of interest, is it me or are those resin BSG models pretty rare? I only ever got the Galactica, Mk2 and Mk7 Viper and only recently had a house big enough to display them, but they've stayed safe in their boxes so far.

#94202 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 25 June 2018 - 09:52 AM in Everything else.

Not feeling the Kerala at all, it reminds me of when I was a kid I'd flip the movie era 1701 upside down and pretend it was another ship...but really it never felt like another ship, because it was the 1701 flipped over.

Kobayashi Maru is a funny one, I mean, when I saw it, I lost my shit, its awesome (more akin to what Discovery should be showing us in terms of design language, hint hint) but it does raise some questions about why it looks so different to the film used model. I confess I'd never seen that side CGI view before.

In other topics, is the XL Defiant due soon?

#94133 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 15 June 2018 - 06:49 AM in Everything else.

Whats the latest discount code doing the rounds?

#93880 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 02 May 2018 - 04:14 AM in Everything else.

I've cancelled my Discovery subscription, the Disco herself never turned up and I'm just going to dip in when ones come along that look interesting.

The Kerala is nice, but its essentially an upside down slightly reworked Shenzhou. I want to see better shots of the underside.

#93845 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 20 April 2018 - 07:52 AM in Everything else.

I'm not a massive fan of the F design if I'm honest, but I think it deserves its place. We've had so much content that really walks the line between canon and non that its churlish to worry now, its a design free for all!

Frankly, they made the Titan, they can make whatever they like now and I'll support it.

Quite like that new remastered ship from the Spocks Brain ep.

#93835 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 19 April 2018 - 07:02 AM in Everything else.

The list gives you a clue to what the best selling issues are. Was surprised not to see a Vor'cha also.

#93831 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 19 April 2018 - 04:15 AM in Everything else.

Ah yes, I missed the Prometheus. Yes I'd probably get that one.

#93828 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 19 April 2018 - 02:59 AM in Everything else.

Has everyone seen the XL survey?

I think I said a few posts back that if they ever did an XL Akira I might actually explode.

Well, we are a long way from that, but...during the survey it asks you to choose from a list which ships you would buy in the XL format (K'Tinga, Excelsior, Nebula, Runabout, BOP, Ent J and...the Akira class.

Make it happen folks, click that button. I'd buy three on general principle, one for work, one for home and one to zoom around my study in a state of pure geek joy.

#93822 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 18 April 2018 - 05:05 AM in Everything else.

Cheers, there was nothing official posted when I looked and then that hero collector link appeared.

Not bothered about an assimilated Voy, but if that's the price of getting the Sternbach concept then so be it.

I know I've said similar to this before in relation to BoBW and other obscure ships, but if you'd have told my 15 year old self that in 21 years I could have an official model of the concept from the Art of Star Trek book I used to pour over I'd have...well I'd have probably said 'its so unfair I have to wait, I want it now' but my adult self gets that in 1997 I wouldn't have believed we'd be discussing this possibility!

#93815 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 17 April 2018 - 12:37 PM in Everything else.

Got my Yeager, its a monster that makes no sense but as with the BoBW ships, I never dreamt we'd have an officially licenced official model.

To be fair, the design is ghastly, but the new CG models are very impressive.

Anyone else seen the comments on Facebook about 6 new side cannon specials, the Altair and Bonaventure being the two images I saw. Any word on the rest? I wonder if the Sternbach Voyager concept is in there (they've said they will do it), I suspect it will be. But what else?

PS, that XL Defiant is an absolute must buy for me. I will not miss that at all. Anyone spots the pre-order going up (UK), then shout!

#93424 Potential Eaglemoss BSG Ship Collection

Posted by AndyW on 01 March 2018 - 03:08 PM in Everything else.

I'm torn with this. I want them, but while the price on its own is ok, we are still in the thick of the main Trek Collection and with the new Disco one just starting. Its adding up.

I might cherry pic, but I'd need to get all the Battlestars and probably the Mk2 and 7.

#93345 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 23 February 2018 - 03:51 AM in Everything else.

Wow! In special size that's going to look awesome.

#93298 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by AndyW on 20 February 2018 - 07:18 AM in Everything else.

Like the design or not, that looks like a fine model. I couldn't not collect these ships and pass up having one so I'm glad I subscribed.

I got my Shenzhou yesterday and I have to say, I'm really really impressed. I have serious issues with the continuity of the design, like many people, but in terms of model its a total hit.

Also, the sizing is about spot on, I like the fact they are doing these in the 'special' size.

Also also, got a USS Firebrand, decent little model, not my fav design but just super thankful that I can buy one.