Star Trek: Discovery

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

To back-up the things those guys were saying reference Eaglemoss perhaps having the exclusive ship rights, this guy is the CBS person in charge of Trek merchandise:

https://twitter.com/jvancitters

He's the guy that Ben liaisons with on the ships and their magazine content, and whilst I can't search for the specific tweets right now, he is a HUGE fan and supporter of Eaglemoss and Ben Robinson.

What I mean by posting this, is that I wouldn't be surprised IF Eaglemoss had done an exclusive deal with them. What that would mean in terms of offerings (just regular die-cast ships like now, or possibly some bigger plastic ones with lights?), I don't know. Just some fat to chew on, as it were.

#22 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:47 PM

Ah yeah Jon Van Citters is the guy in charge of Star Trek merchandising and licensing. He's the guy that licences Star Trek product. Ben and him have a really tight relationship but I dunno if Eaglemoss will have exclusive rights. Maybe exclusive subscription rights?

I'd definitely be surprised if there isn't some kind of construction based licence for Star Trek: Discovery, it's something I think a lot of these big brands want.

#23 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

Woul Eaglemoss do starship Legends style ships?

#24 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:08 PM

Woul Eaglemoss do starship Legends style ships?

Very much doubt it. They'll probably stick to their current setup of doing Discovery ships as part of the ongoing Star Trek Starships Collection subscription and then potentially begin doing ships from Discovery in their jumbo scale.

If DST don't have this licence then the chances of getting electronic lights and sounds ships from another toy company is probably very slim.

Best bet is that Mega Bloks does do Star Trek: Discovery sets and include lights and sounds similar to their TMNT Out of the Shadows sets. But I highly doubt they'll do more than just a collectors line again if anything at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users