• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#21 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:52 PM

They could have a few Terrell and Chekov quotes too.

#22 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:16 PM

I'm not going to start a new thread over this, but as a random thing, what's everyones guess as to when it'll release? My guess is early 2019, and I'm not joking. lol

I don't remember the time scale with the Enterprise-E (it was at least two years), but I know the B and Excelsior were shown off in 2009, but didn't arrive until 2013.

#23 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:19 PM

I think the earliest it is out is next April.

#24 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:58 PM

I'm not going to start a new thread over this, but as a random thing, what's everyones guess as to when it'll release? My guess is early 2019, and I'm not joking. lol

I don't remember the time scale with the Enterprise-E (it was at least two years), but I know the B and Excelsior were shown off in 2009, but didn't arrive until 2013.

Hopefully by the 75th anniversary of Star Trek!!

#25 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:30 AM

They could have a few Terrell and Chekov quotes too.

I'd actually like that, and as long as they don't duplicate dialogue from the TWOK 1701, (Khan has some lines on their too,) I'll be happy. I'm just hoping that we see a U.S.S. Saratoga variant from DS9, (based on what Zach's said about variants, it doesn't seem that far–fetched,) in addition to the obvious "battle damaged" edition. Hopefully DST is designing this with the same sensibilities as the Excelsior–class, and allowing for a "rollbar–less" design for the aforementioned variant, just as they allowed for mulitple dome designs on the Execlsior–class and the additional parts to be added to the same basic hull design.

I'm hoping that DST is able to get this out before the end of 2017 in time for TWOK's 35th anniversary. If the Romulan BoP ships this year as it's suggested that it will, that would be a relatively good sign.

The Enterprise–E's initial release was delayed for several reasons, namely DST acquiring the Trek license, (and subsequently the rest of Art Asylum,) the fact that Art Asylum was having issues with designing the ship in a way that the batteries would fit, (DST resolved this engineering issue early on,) and the fact that having so many cooks in the kitchen lead to at least a few miscommunications, hence the missing "play cover" for the battery compartment on the two runs before the 2013 release. Likewise, the Excelsior–class ships were delayed due to issues with DST's factory in China, not due to anything on DST's end in particular, although I can't imagine that the recession did them any favors in terms of expediting the release of the aforementioned ships. It seemed like DST was hitting their deadlines rather well before Mr. Sasser's untimely passing, so I would think that any delays would be the result of finding another model maker to take his place, particularly given the sasquach–sized shoes that said modelmaker is going to have to fill. 2018 might be a little more realistic than 2017, but I'm hoping that DST is able to fast track the Reliant to coincide with TWOK's anniversary while not compromising the design quality of the ship.

#26 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:05 AM

Yeah and if memory serves me didnt Zach say that they had their factory issues resolved.  I think 2017 seems resonable.  It works fine for me since I'll have a ship for this christmas (if the BOP's release date is correct) and a ship for next christmas.

I have to say that I'm hoping AA does NOT use the raised aztek pattern like the 1701 Refit. I always found it ugly looking.

Screw that I loved the raised aztec pattern on the A.  The less stamped on detail the better.  Oh and Zach something you might want to pass on to the factory tell them to go easy on the glue.  Ive had seepage on the Excelsior and and it ruins the printed on decals.

#27 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:50 AM

Another interesting thing about the choice of ship being the Reliant - Polar Lights put out two new 1/1000 scale kits in the past year and a bit. The first was the Romulan Bird of Prey, and the second was the Reliant. I'm not suggesting any crossover between the two companies, but it does make me wonder if the ship choice was made higher up? 99% chance it's purely coincidental, but it's interesting, and I'll be curious to see whether it happens with the NEXT new ships they make.

EDIT: Wrong about the release order on the model kits.

#28 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:35 AM

DST have done really well to hide seam lines with both the Klingon Bird of Prey and to a lesser extent but still decent on the B and Excelsior which were the last brand new ships we got. (Not counting reissues) so I would like that to continue with the Reliant. I'd also like to see actual sculpted Windows and the lines running around the saucer section which were tampo's on the Excelsior and B and didn't look as neat or as clean as it would have done had it been a sculpted element like it is on the Refit and the A.

More sculpted elements would just make these ships pop, same goes for the windows which again can be applied pretty sloppily to the sculpt and doesn't ever really look right.

#29 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:40 AM

I think the Reliant is small enough that they can get away with sculpting the windows on,,,at least I hope they do.  I;d say the same for Voyager too.

#30 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:20 AM

What about Variants?

Battle Damaged Reliant

USS Majestic 

USS Saratoga

USS Bozeman

#31 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:35 PM

I'd love a Majestic that is crazy battle damaged like it was on screen, but I can't think of any original dialog clips since no member of its crew was ever seen/heard.  The Bozeman has at least some material from Dr. Frasier Crane to use but I think that one is a long shot also.

I'm wondering if both Saratogas could be possible variants.  The NCC-1887 (ST:IV) could have some great lines from the unnamed captain, science officer, helmsman and whale probe.

I think we've all ready posted what dialog we think the NCC-31911 might have, but it would be interesting to include some from the scenes in "Emissary" where the Prophets force Sisko to "revisit" the ship.

#32 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:31 AM

They wont do multiple variants of the rollbar gone version of the ship. They MIGHT do a Saratoga, but that would be it. They are trying to cater to a mass market with the ships, and frankly nobody but die hard collectors will buy a Majestic, we would be really lucky to even get Saratoga. Maybe a con exclusive or something

#33 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:04 AM

They wont do multiple variants of the rollbar gone version of the ship. They MIGHT do a Saratoga, but that would be it. They are trying to cater to a mass market with the ships, and frankly nobody but die hard collectors will buy a Majestic, we would be really lucky to even get Saratoga. Maybe a con exclusive or something

If they do a con exclusive of the Saratoga, the hardcore fans that want one are going to lose their minds.

#34 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:32 AM

If they do a con exclusive of the Saratoga, the hardcore fans that want one are going to lose their minds.

Let's face it. If they do any version of any ship for a con exclusive, hardcore "fans" are going to lose their minds.

#35 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:53 AM

I'd love a Majestic that is crazy battle damaged like it was on screen, but I can't think of any original dialog clips since no member of its crew was ever seen/heard.  The Bozeman has at least some material from Dr. Frasier Crane to use but I think that one is a long shot also.

I'm wondering if both Saratogas could be possible variants.  The NCC-1887 (ST:IV) could have some great lines from the unnamed captain, science officer, helmsman and whale probe.

I think we've all ready posted what dialog we think the NCC-31911 might have, but it would be interesting to include some from the scenes in "Emissary" where the Prophets force Sisko to "revisit" the ship.

Eh, it could be just Sisco and quotes from Sacrifice of the Angels.  "Any ship that makes it through doesnt stop until it reaches DS9"

#36 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:55 AM

Also, its pointed out that the buzzard collectors on later Dominion War iterations for the Miranda were yellowish.  So it gives it a 'variant' feel.  Really, they need to do an exclusive run of the NCC-1701 as the Lexington, Constitution, Constellation, etc.  Like the 1701 Geordi's or something.  Really, the only difference is paint...

#37 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:30 AM

As for release date.... I'm going to say fall of 2017 unless they've sorted out their factory issues and are further along in developing the Reliant than we assume.

They still seem to be aiming for two new ships per year, obviously we're not getting that this year unless you count the NX-01 but perhaps they'll get that sorted for 2017 and we'll see another ship announced at SDCC along with a prototype of the Reliant. No release dates just perhaps an image of a new ship with the Reliant prototype.

#38 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:37 AM

The release of the Reliant gives DST the perfect opportunity to reissue the Refit 1701 and upgrade it to meet the quality of the Enterprise A. With lights on features, new sounds and a better quality of plastic which isn't translucent. That's what I'd love to see as a companion piece to the Reliant.

#39 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:08 AM

The problem with TWOK is that it's basically wall-to-wall quotable lines.

I'd love

"I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing around, I intend to deprive you... of your life!"

And in the basically-not-going-to-happen-so-why-bother-discussing-it eventuality that we get a Saratoga (to display alongside the Ro'Tarran), it has to have Sisko's incredibly pained:

"Dammit! We just can't leave her here! NNNGOUWAOUOO!!!"

And the computer's core breach warnings.

That Bolian chap was boss.

#40 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:44 PM

The problem with TWOK is that it's basically wall-to-wall quotable lines.

I'd love

"I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing around, I intend to deprive you... of your life!"

And in the basically-not-going-to-happen-so-why-bother-discussing-it eventuality that we get a Saratoga (to display alongside the Ro'Tarran), it has to have Sisko's incredibly pained:

"Dammit! We just can't leave her here! NNNGOUWAOUOO!!!"

And the computer's core breach warnings.

That Bolian chap was boss.

Perfect Khan line!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users