Photo

DST's TNG Trek-Tek

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: DST TNG Trek-Tek (43 member(s) have cast votes)

What piece of TNG tech do you most want DST to produce

1. Phaser type 2 (14 votes [32.56%])

Percentage of vote: 32.56%

2. Phaser type 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Communicator (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Tricorder (science) (9 votes [20.93%])

Percentage of vote: 20.93%

5. Tricorder (medical) (3 votes [6.98%])

Percentage of vote: 6.98%

6. Dustbuster phaser (2 votes [4.65%])

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

7. Geordi's VISOR (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Klingon weapons/communicator/tricorder (1 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

9. Romulan weapons/communicator/tricorder (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Borg weapons... (0 votes [0.00%])

11. other (0 votes [0.00%])

12. I don't care, just make it all! (9 votes [20.93%])

Percentage of vote: 20.93%

13. I don't want TNG Trek-Tek (2 votes [4.65%])

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

14. I want TNG Trek-Tek but I want other items produced first (3 votes [6.98%])

Percentage of vote: 6.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Collecting almost anything Trek, especially props.

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:42 PM

What TNG Trek-Tek items (if any) do you want to see from DST? DST did a great job with the TMP/TWOK phasers and I would like to see what they could do with TNG. I'm going to ask Chuck about the odds of getting any TNG Trek-Tek within the next three years and would like to show DST that there is an interest (I hope).
Alex

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:10 PM

I would really like to see most of it. But I want phasers the most. Any and all. I will buy them all.

#3 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:31 PM

I'd like to see any and all phasers.
I'd like a starfleet tricorder.

#4 iams001efni

iams001efni

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:26 AM

Its not happening, at least not for a long time (hopefully I will be eating my words... lol) but I want it all!!! hahahaha biggrin.gif

#5 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:08 AM

The Season 3+ Phaser of course, and The Season 5+ Tricorder. And DST has done a great job on type 1 phasers, I'd like to see them do the type 1 TNG phaser.

#6 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:32 PM

I want the First Contact Boomerang phaser...because I have a FC Uniform that I want a good replica for.

But on the other hand i have been DYING for a FC Style Phaser Rifle, I want one SOOOOOOO Bad

#7 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:01 PM

I would like to see them make any (if not all) of these with the power level indicator lights working and changing colour when on different settings.

#8 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

The Rifle is being unrealistic. I'd settle for a Phaser and Tricorder from any TNG period. If I had a choice, I'd say a TNG Tricorder (Mark 7), and a Cobra phaser. And a type 1. If I had a choice though, I'd like every phaser and tric from TNG through to DS9. Also, a pig that could fly would be nice.

sad.gif

#9 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

I voted for the TNG "Phaser Type 2" in the poll, because I wasn't sure if this was meant to include the TNG-era movies, but...

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Jan 27 2010, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want the First Contact Boomerang phaser...because I have a FC Uniform that I want a good replica for.

But on the other hand i have been DYING for a FC Style Phaser Rifle, I want one SOOOOOOO Bad
I am so with BadBunnyMike on this one! The "Boomerang" phaser from FC is easily my favorite, I think DST could do a better job than Playmates did on the replica itself, and I too have a FC uniform. (You've got good taste BadBunnyMike. biggrin.gif)

I have been BEGGING for a toy company to release the FC Phaser Rifle almost as long as FC has been out. Back when I was a kid and Playmates sent out those cards asking what we'd like to see, my top two choices were a Voyager Bridge Playset, and an FC Phaser Rifle. When Art Asylum picked up the license, I suggested a Phaser Rifle on their old forums, and when they merged with DST, I suggested it again, because I still want one.

QUOTE (Jay K @ Jan 30 2010, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Rifle is being unrealistic.
I have to disagree. The only good argument that I've heard about the rifle was that "it'd take up too much shelf space," and that doesn't hold water anymore, not when DST could distribute the rifle on NFCC, Amazon, or a slew of other websites and ship it directly from one of their warehouses. I'd be willing to pay $50.00US and possibly more for a Phaser Rifle simply given its size and the fact that no other toy company has released one. If DST thinks that the production run would be risky, than they could limit the first run to 1701 units with the understanding that if the Phaser rifle sells well, they'd do a large-scale release and remove the "1701" sticker from the box.

In truth, I'd like any TNG Trek Tek I could get my hands on, but I think DST should start with Phasers and the Phaser Rifle, then move onto Tricorders, and then move onto Alien weaponry like Romulan Disruptors and whatnot. I also think that TNG Trek Tek should be considered 24th Century Trek Tek and include items from DS9/VOY when possible. You'll note that I left out communicators, because DSTChuck said that they're considered part of the Cosplay license and not the toy license.

Finally, I think TNG Trek Tek will sell without a problem; DST thought TOS Trek Tek would never sell, and look--it's selling.

#10 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:21 PM

I went with Tricorder (science). Full blinky

#11 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

I voted for the (science) TricCorder, but in reality, there is very little TNG-era tek that I wouldn't want to see. Along with the tricorder I'd like the type 2 phaser (cobrahead) to be released, and a communicator.

#12 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:03 PM

With the Phaser Rifle perhaps one of the problems is due to its length which might put them off due to packaging and shipping problems. However if they made it so that it could be disassembled (no clear window packaging necessary) then it would be easier to package and ship.

#13 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

I would like to see a Klingon Disruptor or Mirror Universe Agonizer!

#14 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

I would want a tricorder, in case they only get as far as one item produced. The phaser is pretty boring, while the tricorder is awesome and I've always wanted a good, affordable, blinking replica of one. But, I'm sure they will start with phasers -- if they ever do TNG. Of course, I doubt they will. tongue.gif

#15 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

My first choice, a TNG (S7) Cobrahead
Secondly, a TNG (S7) Science Tricorder

Pretty much the only thing I don't care for is a comm. pin, since they really don't ... DO... anything.
At least phasers and tricorders have buttons to push and blinky lights

#16 'E'

'E'

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:02 PM

I want a Dustbuster!! And I see I'm the only one, LOL.

#17 Smitty

Smitty

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:11 PM

All phasers from Type 1 - FC Though the Playmates is a damn fine piece toy.

Tricorders ditto all iterations from TNG S1 - to the movies.

Comm badge a no brainer, with the tech they have now they can do it up right!

-cs

#18 Oxnard Montalvo

Oxnard Montalvo

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:42 AM

I went Science Tricorder also....Full on Blinky.....The playmates wasnt actually too bad for its time, Even That tooling with the correct LED's would be fine by me!

But in a perfect world I'd prefer the First Contact onwards Tric.........

#19 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:32 PM

I want either a dolphin or boomerang phaser will fully functional power setting bars. Then I'd love a Mark IX science tricorder to go with it.

#20 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Collecting almost anything Trek, especially props.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

Thanks all for posting, I'm sending this link to DST via Ask DST to show them that there is an interest in TNG Trek-Tek. I personally want them to try the Type 2 phaser and the science and medical tricorders first (w/ working "touch pads"). From there, make anything and everything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users