What would be your ideal Star Trek toy line?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Soongprototype

Soongprototype

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

the 25th joe line, while it did have problems, was only taken away for the movie stuff. if there hadn't been a movie coming out the line would have kept going.

#22 richpit

richpit

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek toys, Star Trek props, Star Trek stuff in general!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

I'm not a figure collector at all, so my only comment is about ships and role play stuff:

I generally like the stuff that DST has come out with very much. I just wish they were better about meeting dates and maybe had better QC. You shouldn't get drastically lower quality just because you didn't buy the first "round" that was released, IMHO.

#23 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:48 AM

From the feedback I've been seeing from sources at Playmates, I'd really be surprised if they ever get back into Star Trek figures again. So that leaves us with the question of who? Hasbro would be a dream if they put as much attention behind it as Star Wars. I would love to see an all inclusive 3 3/4" line! Another company that might be cool is Spinmaster. They are working on "The Last Airbender" toys and the upcoming "Tron: Legacy" toys. While not as articulated as Hasbro figures, these are still cool. Check this out:
http://splashpage.mt...er-toys-arrive/

#24 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hasbro is obviously my first choice but why not DST? If they could at least do a whole brige crew in the 7" style that be more than what I got from Playmates.

#25 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:52 PM

I would like DST to be the ones to do the toys for the next movie. When they've had to deliver toys for SDCC, Target, and TRU, they've shown they have been able to deliver product on time. So I would say DST is more than capable of delivering a mass market line for the next movie.

The real question is whether there is any significant market for the line. Playmates' movie line wasn't the best toy line I've ever seen, but it wasn't terrible either. It was certainly better than Playmates' Terminator Salvation line, but they pretty much clogged the pegs.

Of course, they wouldn't have to flood the market like Playmates tried to do. I'm sure there is a happy medium between that and what DST usually produces for the specialty market.

#26 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:30 PM

I would be ok with DST on a 7" line. I'm really wanting a 3 3/4" line too. If DST would do a line in this scale similar to what McFarlane Toys did for "Prince of Persia" or like Mezco's "Hellboy 2" I would be all over it. It's only DST's lack of interest in pursuing this scale that has me looking to other companies! Which is why Playmate's Star Trek line's hiatus has me all gloomy. With the cancelation of that line my dreams of seeing those DST designed 3 3/4" figures were pretty much shattered. Unless Playmates ressurects this line plan in 2012, or DST takes a shot at producing 3 3/4" themselves I hope some one will bring this scale out! Just let DST keep doing their thing too! I'd love to see DST do a light and sound bridge playset for a 3 3/4" line! Somehow I don't think it would be as bad a set as that Playmates build a bridge! That Back to the Future Delorean gave me alot of hope for what DST could do for a 1/18th figure scales shuttles and playsets. Maybe the smaller scale would help bridge playsets more feasible. I'd gladly give up $150 for a DST brige playset!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users