• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#141 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:12 AM

Either way looks pretty good so far and I am excited.

#142 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:29 AM

Its not even the finished product but a resin prototype model.

If anyone subscribes to Netflix then Id urge you all to watch The Toys that made us.

Coming soon will be an entire episode dedicated to Star Trek Toys which will feature Mego, Playmates and of course Art Asylum and Diamond Select. They will also feature the toys that were made by Mega Bloks and Hasbro as well as upcoming toy licence holder; McFarlane Toys...

Itll chart the failures of the Star Trek toy licensing as well as the successful 90s Playmates Line so should be incredibly informative and perhaps give us some idea of where DST are with Star Trek themselves.

Not sure on the release date but itll be sometime soon. Theyve already covered Star Wars, Barbie, He-Man and GI-Joe. Star Trek and Lego are among the toys covered in the next 4 episodes.

#143 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:25 AM

Thanks for the head's up.

#144 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:50 AM

I watched the Star Wars episode and thought it was pretty interesting, but didn't care enough about Barbie, He-Man, or GI Joe to watch them. 

Will definitely be watching the Trek and LEGO episodes when they come out. 

#145 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:20 AM

I've been waiting to see this a long time

#146 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:23 AM

The He-man ep is pretty great.  Those guys were flying by the seat of their pants.

#147 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

I have recently sold off most of my DST ships.  I had every variant, doubles of several, up through but not including the release of the Romulan Warbird, though I did not have every re-issue.  All I have kept are the 5 or 6 that I had opened up for display, and am still clinging onto my unopened 1701 Hi-Def, Excelsior, and HMS Bounty, even though I never opened those and probably never will.  Might eventually sell all of those too.  Would rather have a complete Eaglemoss set up, including jumbos, than whatever we are calling DST's poor efforts these days.  Plus, takes up less space.  To me, the fun of collecting is pursuing a complete lineup, which I find more fun and satisfying than trying to get the most accurate versions or the ones with lights & sound.

#148 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

DST will only get to see my money if they do an 18 inch, replica built from the original ILM CGI model lights and sound Kelvin Timeline USS Enterprise NCC-1701 from Star Trek. A toy with no light leaks or translucent plastics but built with some quality and attention to detail.

Right now though, I couldnt care less about the DST Star Trek range. I dont own any of it anymore.

#149 trekhunter1701

trekhunter1701

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:54 PM

I guess we'll see next month at toy fair if DST even has any Trek to show. I doubt they will.

#150 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

Resin model looks great! I've been waiting for this one for 10 years!

#151 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:38 PM

Reliant is no longer the next ship, and will apparently be coming out after the next unannounced ship because it is somehow closer to production.

https://twitter.com/...5575659521?s=21

Apparently a ship announced 2 years ago is further behind in production than one that hasnt been announced.

I dont know how that works.

#152 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:35 PM

Wow, I guess the Reliant will then be out on about 10 years from now. I bet the new ship/model will be announced somewhere between 2020 and 2025. Joking aside, I thought it'll be easier to do the Reliant than any other ship because DST already has the experience with the Constitution-Refit which might influence production positively. Seems for sure DST has bitten off more than they can chew.

I'm also guessing the new ship which comes first will be an alien vessel, as they always seemed to be far more on schedule with these than with the Federation ships.

#153 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:33 PM

Ok...they said it was a federation ship right?

#154 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:06 AM

They didn't announce it yet. Someone asked them on Twitter when the announcement comes but DST didn't reply. I'm still guessing it'll be an alien ship.

#155 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:58 AM

I'm still surprised they have the Trek license. 

#156 Damon1984

Damon1984

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

Maybe they got something horribly wrong and instead of building a toy they are building this thing life-sized. *shrugs*

#157 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:44 AM

Maybe they got something horribly wrong and instead of building a toy they are building this thing life-sized. *shrugs*

It still wouldn't come with a permanent lights-on feature  :D

#158 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:20 PM

Did DST say what lead to the delays? I'm thinking this might be the result of the untimely passing of Thomas Sasser and work presumably continuing under whomever replaced him. Changing sculptors could have lead to a "too many cooks in the kitchen" kind of situation necessitating some changes. I am admittedly a bit surprised that the Reliant is such a tough nut to crack though, I mean, it's basically the TWOK 1701's saucer and nacelles with a few extra parts, right? Couldn't DST have just used their TWOK tooling as the starting point and gone from there? (Yeah, I know the saucer would need to have parts added to it or a full–on retooling, but surely it'd have saved them some time.) I'd love to know what's holding up the Reliant, the last time DST had something like this happen it was when they first acquired the license and the Enterprise–E required a redesigned due to a mold that couldn't fit the batteries in it. Perhaps something similar has happened with the Reliant? I'm excited to know that we've got more Trek product on the way though, especially this mystery ship. Now if only we'd get a release date for that TNG Phaser! :)

Oh, and I think Kickstarter is a brilliant idea. it's worked for other toy companies, I think it could work for DST too.

#159 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:39 AM

Someone posted a clip/photo/link of the Reliant prototype and I am sorry for not giving credit, but has anyone confirmed it to be real or to what scale?

It's 330AM EST, I came downstairs to get a drink and looked at my Reliant 1:1000, they basically look the same because I've been trying to work on it for over 6 months. For anyone that doesn't know, I have a 14 month old son...models(or anything)don't get finished like they used too. I hate to stir a pot that's been stirring for years, but is that picture legit or is DST out of the Trek game for good??

*DST Zach if you are reading, I bought your Enterprise-A, years after complaining the audio was slow. The audio is really slow, but is a great model. I even went on to get the Romulan BoP. You guys shouldn't have stopped.

#160 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:10 AM

I think the prototype was shown at one of the conventions along with the Borg Select, they just couldnt be photographed.

The picture shown was from a Netflix documentary, so Id assume its legit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users