Leonard Nimoy has died.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:30 AM

http://www.nytimes.c...dies-at-83.html

Can't lie, a wee tear is being had.

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

I'm pretty sad over this.

RIP Mr Spock. You lived a long and prosperous life.

#3 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:14 PM

I'm in shock. This is almost as bad as when my grandma died. She was 82. Lenny was 83. We'll never forget you, Mr. Nimoy. We love you. Rest in Peace.

#4 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:34 PM

This hits all of us hard.  Im glad I was able to meet him a  few years ago at Dragon Con.  Of course they push you through like cattle so you cant say much.  I did get my pic taken with him and the Shat.  Not a good day.

#5 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

so so sad today :(

He was one of the best. I had the pleasure of meting him on several occasions and what a standup guy he was.

#6 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

Of Leonard Nimoy I can only say this, of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human. 

You now are one with the universe again. Boldly go. Engines on full. 

#7 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:04 PM

I had the pleasure of hearing him speak at several conventions, and got to shake his hand and get some things signed from him. I also got to see him in 2011 at  dragon con,  which was one of his last con appearances.  He was a great story teller, and was always a class act, and he will be greatly missed.

We're down to Shatner, Nichols, Takei, Koenig now, with Shatner being the only real big gun left now.

#8 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:31 PM

This is really sad news. The whole day really reminds me of when we lost Spock in The Wrath of Khan. Leonard Nimoy will live on now along with The Great Bird of the Galaxy, Bones, Scotty and Majel. Their memories will endure the test of time! Rest in Peace, Spock. 😢

#9 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:21 PM

I teared up a bit when I found out..... Sad news, but as so many have said, he lived a long and prosperous life as much as he wished it for others.

R.I.P. Mr. Nimoy ... You will be missed.

Thank you.

#10 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:54 PM

LLAP Mr. Nimoy

#11 2thGuy

2thGuy

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:18 PM

so so sad today :(

He was one of the best. I had the pleasure of meting him on several occasions and what a standup guy he was.

I never saw the tear falling from Saavik's eye until I watched this scene on my 63" plasma  about 5 years ago in the comfort of my home.  I must have missed this in the Theatre due to the tears in my own eyes.  Nice post WORF22.

#12 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

Maybe the guys at DST could put out a Commemorative Edition Spock figure. Hell a Spock Sarek 2 pack would be great, since they already have a killer Mark Leonard head sculpt

#13 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:16 PM

Maybe the guys at DST could put out a Commemorative Edition Spock figure. Hell a Spock Sarek 2 pack would be great, since they already have a killer Mark Leonard head sculpt

As much as I dislike the thought of capitalizing on someone's death it would be nice to see another resurgence of Original Series collectibles in the wake of this.

#14 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

Leonard Nimoy, I have been, and always shall be, your fan.

#15 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:21 AM

There's bound to be some good stuff coming out next year,isn't there? They wouldn't really pass up an opportunity like the anniversary,I'm sure. That said,I DO like the TOS cuckoo clock from Bradford Exchange.

J-R!

#16 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:06 AM

zA6u4Ir.jpg

I'm so glad that the global expressions of grief measure up to my own feelings of the importance of his passing. Even here in Ireland, hours of media have been spent discussing his passing, his contribution to Star Trek, and his impact on the world.

Buzz Aldrin salutes a fallen comrade in space-travel. I feel honoured to share some heartfelt feelings with the second man on The Moon...

...but what really chokes me up are the younger, active astronauts:

Sam Cristoforetti @AstroSamantha

"Of all the souls I have encountered.. his was the most human." Thx @TheRealNimoy for bringing Spock to life for us.

Kl3mOhm.jpg

Astronaut Salutes Nimoy From Orbit

International Space Station astronaut Terry Virts (@AstroTerry) tweeted this image of a Vulcan hand salute from orbit as a tribute to actor Leonard Nimoy, who died on Friday, Feb. 27, 2015. Nimoy played science officer Mr. Spock in the Star Trek series that served as an inspiration to generations of scientists, engineers and sci-fi fans around the world.

Cape Cod and Boston, Massachusetts, Nimoy's home town, are visible through the station window.

terry-llap.jpg

... because these are people who are very likely to be doing what Nimoy pretended to do - because Nimoy pretended to do it. That's incredibly moving to me.

President Obama even paid tribute:

Obama_Nichols_LLAP_mini.jpg (old image)

Statement by the President on the Passing of Leonard Nimoy

Long before being nerdy was cool, there was Leonard Nimoy. Leonard was a lifelong lover of the arts and humanities, a supporter of the sciences, generous with his talent and his time. And of course, Leonard was Spock. Cool, logical, big-eared and level-headed, the center of Star Treks optimistic, inclusive vision of humanitys future.

I loved Spock.

In 2007, I had the chance to meet Leonard in person. It was only logical to greet him with the Vulcan salute, the universal sign for Live long and prosper. And after 83 years on this planet and on his visits to many others its clear Leonard Nimoy did just that. Michelle and I join his family, friends, and countless fans who miss him so dearly today.

It's taking so long to sink in. Leonard Nimoy not being an ongoing fact just doesn't make sense. I doubt I'm finished weeping over this.

#17 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:22 AM

An era is slow ending… He seemed totally happy in his life, and that's the best way to live it!

#18 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:59 PM

Feels like a family member has died......

#19 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:25 AM

:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users