• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:35 AM

So a "new " ship on the horizon is a 3rd(?) installation of AA's 1701-A. Granted I may buy it if Shatner has a voice that is normal on this one, but why hasn't DST ran with other reissues??? Hell I'd buy a different constitution class ship if they could put something together audio wise.

-at least one version of the Klingon BoP for DS9 (Martok or Dukat)

-Excelsior class ships. It may seem dumb but I would buy a Lakota (so much dialogue) in a heartbeat or maybe a "Admiral's Excelsior" with clips from episodes?

**-What about a reissue of the ST3 Klingon disruptor with a separate "rifle" attachment sold separately....no sounds, no lights-just a piece of plastic that any fan would buy for their newly reissued disruptor or the old ones like I have.

Sorry everyone, just random 230am thoughts. Live long enough for DST to do something or prosper with the $$ we save🤣🖖🖖🖖

#2 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:47 AM

If memory serves me they said that the new ship was a "new" ship not a reissue.  The A reissue is just that a reissue.

#3 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:55 AM

Just my personal preference but I have no interest in audio with my toys. Lights? Absolutely but sound never seems to scale well. I'd rather that money and effort go into sculpting and paint apps.

That said, if it has to have an audio component, I prefer FX over dialogue any day.

#4 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:58 AM

**-What about a reissue of the ST3 Klingon disruptor with a separate "rifle" attachment sold separately....no sounds, no lights-just a piece of plastic that any fan would buy for their newly reissued disruptor or the old ones like I have.

I would agree that there seems to be demand for re-issue of a number of ships.. .and I base that on the fact that It was pretty easy to sell my opened/used ships on ebay pretty close to cost. If DST was meeting demand I'd think opened and used would go for 50% that. 

The Klingon Disruptor is probably my least fav of the Trek Tek... and I can't say I'd buy an attachment... also I think the disruptor is still pretty available.... I do see re-issues of the Phaser and Communicator coming... just different packaging is all that is. 

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:59 AM

That said, if it has to have an audio component, I prefer FX over dialogue any day.

Some of the additions to the Trek Tek Communicator are ok... after all it is a communicator!

#6 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:44 AM

Some of the additions to the Trek Tek Communicator are ok... after all it is a communicator!

Good point. That'd be the exception to my rule. I was thinking ships, not role play. Pew pew! 

#7 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:06 AM

Just my personal preference but I have no interest in audio with my toys. Lights? Absolutely but sound never seems to scale well. I'd rather that money and effort go into sculpting and paint apps.

I prefer SFX as well but I have no real problem with dialogue.  Lights and nice ones at that are a must.  I think the disruptor lights on the Klingon BOP are brilliant!  I hope that when DST do the Defiant the thing is absolutely  Lousy with lights

#8 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:23 AM

So would anyone truly buy a new reissue besides the same same stuff DST has been putting out? How many TOS Enterprises do we have? How many 1701-As do we have? How many phasers do we have??
I thought I was burnt out on this stuff after all of these years, but yesterday I wondered why they haven't utilized more of what they had citing examples above.

#9 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:46 AM

If they did a reissue of the BOP with dialogue from DS9 making it the Rotarran I'd buy that.  Ive been wanting to pick up a new NX-01 so I hope that gets another reissue.  Different strokes for different folks.

#10 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:06 AM

So would anyone truly buy a new reissue besides the same same stuff DST has been putting out? How many TOS Enterprises do we have? How many 1701-As do we have? How many phasers do we have??
I thought I was burnt out on this stuff after all of these years, but yesterday I wondered why they haven't utilized more of what they had citing examples above.

Basic TOS Tek I think is covered pretty good. DST did re-issue the heck out of that phaser... but there are always people that didn't get them the 1st go around... and I think the basic TOS Trek Tek still has consumer base. 

DST did say its goal (originally) was to develop products they could do variants of easily... and they have done a good job with the some ships in that regard... again... there seems to be small but simmering demand for the basic Ships... I decided to sell mine... just due to room and re-focusing what I collect... and I was easily able to sell them all close to cost... and I really didn't think that would be the case.

#11 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:04 PM

I've always thought when it comes to various ships like the TOS-1701, the Excelsior, and the Ent-D that they should have released versions with blank registry spaces, and include decal sheets with 2-3 different registry sets for ships of the same class that appeared throughout TOS-VOY. Just offer sound F/X or a sound clip from each episode the alternate ships were prominently featured in.

I'm glad to see they're rereleasing the Ent-A again, I still need to nab one.  I'd like to see them also rerelease the HMS Bounty, FC Enterprise-E, and the ISS-1701.

#12 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:59 PM

A re-release of the First Contact E would be tempting.

I'm still not sure if I prefer it or the Nemesis E.

I don't know why they just keep re-releasing the A and TOS Enterprise when they have so many other ships.

Why can't they revamp the D a bit, and re-release that? It has to be just as popular of a design.

#13 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 04:24 AM

The D is the one ship I kept. Not only is it a popular design... DSTs offering is a darn good one IMO. 

#14 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

The D is excellent.

Could you imagine it if they put some azteking on it though? Itd be amazing.

#15 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:02 PM

The D is excellent.

Could you imagine it if they put some azteking on it though? Itd be amazing.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

#16 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:03 PM

Yep, the initial release was missing some paint apps too... such that they sent out free decals... but yes, they could really step up the paint finish and just put it over the top. 

#17 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:52 PM

Thats what I have. I requested and had the neck window decals, but never put them on and have no clue where they are.

A re-release of the D with better paint apps would be an instant purchase.

#18 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:45 AM

It looks like DST is re-releasing the D in Oct. No indication if they are overhauling the paint apps. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users