Photo

MattyCollector

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#21 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

I got my Ray and Teela today. Both are nice figures.

#22 BlueArrow

BlueArrow

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Oct 23 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm. I'll check into that for you.

Thanks for checking. I'm guessing maybe around the XI DVD release which is about mid November.

#23 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:40 AM

I got my 2 Rays yesterday (after I scoured the neighborhood for packages, since UPS decided to leave mine at the wrong house).

The figures are pretty good. The only disappointment was that the ghosts with each had very poor paint jobs on the eyes & mouth. But it's really about Ray, right? smile.gif

#24 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Whirlygig @ Oct 27 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But it's really about Ray, right? smile.gif

For $20 a piece, everything in that package should be perfect. tongue.gif

#25 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

It's not like it had a cool ghost anyway. It was the logo just 3D. I wish they would have done a "real" ghost. The figures are nice but are lite on the accessories. 2 Figures in and not one trap or PKE meter. I realy could have done without the logo pack in for something better on Ray.

#26 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:36 PM

Looks like Winston will be coming with a trap, but that will be taking the place of a ghost. At this rate, Peter's "bonus" item will probably be the library petri dish.

#27 pawpal

pawpal

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:21 PM

I'm disappointed with Ray. The head is too small and squashed, doesn't look anything like the actor nor is proportioned to the rest of the figure. The 2D logo accessory is poorly done as well. Egon is so much better...

#28 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

As for the ghost, I think it was a really cool idea. I don't know why they couldn't get it right though -- we're talking 3 small black dots. How hard is that? The problem is, the eyes & mouth are recessed, and the dots do not line up perfectly and do not fill the entire recess.

As for Ray, I think they are reusing as much as possible, so I'm not surprised that he's not proportioned exactly right. His head is a little thinner than it should be but you can still tell it's Ray. Both Ray and Egon do lean a little more "cartoonish" than realistic, but I'm OK with that.

#29 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:47 PM

I thought they did a nice job on Ray himself. He looks more like Dan Aykroyd than the Egon figure looks like Ramis. I just wish they would give them more accessories.

#30 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Oct 27 2009, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wish they would give them more accessories.

That's my biggest gripe with the series. For $20 a figure, we should get a little more.. And repeating: there's no reason Egon shouldn't or couldn't have come with a PKE meter! Mattel needs to make that one up to us by sending one in a baggie with the next GB shipment. wink.gif

#31 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (reverie @ Oct 28 2009, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's my biggest gripe with the series. For $20 a figure, we should get a little more.. And repeating: there's no reason Egon shouldn't or couldn't have come with a PKE meter! Mattel needs to make that one up to us by sending one in a baggie with the next GB shipment. wink.gif

If all else fails just grab a couple of the old playmates 4.5 TNG era type 2 phasers and customize your own PKE meters . smile.gif

#32 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:34 AM

I finally got Teela. What a fiasco that was! I thought having the subscription would have eliminated all the B.S., but you know how that goes! All I have to say is Artistix, You are going to love this one! Now if DST could just get their future female characters to be as awesome as this!

#33 pawpal

pawpal

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (reverie @ Oct 28 2009, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Likely Mattel has already planned a repaint or re-release which will come with a PKE meter to get another $20 out of us...

#34 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:40 PM

Hopefully my October order will be here within 2 weeks. I'll reserve comments on Ray until I am holding him in my hands. I do agree one or two more accessories would be nice. I guess the budget given for the line is rather thin.

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Oct 29 2009, 04:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I have to say is Artistix, You are going to love this one!

I've seen crap loads of pics & some video reviews of Teela...I already know I am going to love her!

QUOTE (pawpal @ Oct 29 2009, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Likely Mattel has already planned a repaint or re-release which will come with a PKE meter to get another $20 out of us...

Undoubtedly. Bastards. biggrin.gif

#35 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:54 PM

Just saw last night that Winston is now available. Ordered mine from mattycollector.

#36 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (Whirlygig @ Dec 30 2009, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just saw last night that Winston is now available. Ordered mine from mattycollector.

You won't be disappointed. Even though the body sculpt is the same as the first two, they really nailed the likeness here. Way better than they did with Dan Akroyd. I'm really enjoying this Ghosbusters line. I hope we will see some ghosts for Toy Fair! Especially the Library Ghost!

#37 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:20 PM

I really want to pick up Winston but I am going to wait till Jan 15th when the He Man stuff goes up for sale. that way I can save on shipping. I just hope they don't sell out before then.

#38 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:19 PM

Is there anyone here that belongs to the MOTU CC that can pick up Princess Andora for me? I'd love to have that figure to go with my She-Ra from a few years ago.

#39 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

I ordered Winston, Randor & Goddess in December, but I didn't have the money for 12" Egon. Hopefully he'll still be available in a couple of weeks.

Plus I wanted to order survival suit Bruce Wayne & DCUC Animal Instincts.

Don't think I'll bother with the DC Mego's, though they are cute.

#40 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:27 AM

So what else is coming out with Andora on the 15th?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users