• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#1 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:06 PM

New thread for this guy.  Im hoping for red LEDs on the rollbar photo torpedo launchers but not a must.

What sounds/stuff do people want to see?

#2 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:18 PM

For lighting I'd imagine we'll get the obvious: Nacelles, impulse dome, impulse engines, and deflector thing on the bottom.

I'd like to see, as you said, the photon tubes light up when it does its torpedo firing sound. I'd also like the see some kind of lighting on the shuttle bays if possible, but I don't know how doable that would be. 

For variants as I've said before, I'd love to see if they could pull off a battle damaged version with a missing nacelle. I don't usually do duplicates, but I'd probably buy one of those. 

#3 joemolis

joemolis

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:23 PM

I hope they go all out on the variants and do a Bozeman

#4 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:30 PM

Id like to see the same texture on the hull as the Refit Enterprise with some additional aztec paint application/slight dry brushed weathering as it appeared in the movie.

Produced using the same plastic as the recent 1701-A and not the poor translucent plastic of the refit

Lights:

Bridge lights (like the refit and A)
Impulse engines
Warp crystal (dome near impulse engines)
Roll bar torpedo lighting
Nacelle lights on the inside (like the Refit and A)

Minimal light bleed

Sounds:
He tasks me...
Buried alive...
Torpedo sounds
Genesis countdown sounds
No Kirk...
Battle damage sounds
Background bridge sounds

#5 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:41 PM

I didnt get the recent 1701-A so im hoping they use the same plastic from the BOP and excelsior.  My only request is that its done well and that the torpedo pod lights up.

#6 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:16 PM

No Kirk...

Good god this. No Kirk on the Reliant, we have a whole other ship from the same movie with is sounds. 

Produced using the same plastic as the recent 1701-A and not the poor translucent plastic of the refit

The A still had real bad light bleed in the nacelles, so hopefully if they do use the same plastic they can somehow fix that in development. Other than that, I'd say the A's plastic is a good choice. 

#7 Javabean

Javabean

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:29 PM

Lights on feature & no light bleed anywhere.
And also some aztec marking wl be nice.

#8 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:49 PM

Personally I don't care if we get any voices at all. A few good sounds and a constant on light feature is all I need.

#9 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:41 PM

I'd like to see the shuttlebay doors illuminated from either the top or bottom, as they're a stand-out feature of the ship when seen on screen, and would also be a nice 'replacement' seeing as the Reliant has no deflector dish.

As for the rest, I'm expecting the bear minimum for a modern DST ship. Lights-on with accompanying bridge sounds (that can be turned off), lit nacelles, impulse engine, dome and bridge, and a full compliment of sounds.

Two sounds I'm particularly looking forward to, from two ships. One of them was always the Reliant, with Khan proclaiming "THERE she is, there she is!"

The other is the Defiant, hearing Sisko's voice say, "Arm quantum torpedoes, drop the cloak and raise shields; we're going in."
50% of the way there now. :)

#10 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:22 PM

I do not want to hear Kirk scream Khaaaaaaan!

Just clips from Khan himself and his crew. And maybe Checkov and Terrell but only clips from when they were actually onboard the Reliant or on Ceti Alpha.

#11 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:26 PM

The A still had real bad light bleed in the nacelles, so hopefully if they do use the same plastic they can somehow fix that in development. Other than that, I'd say the A's plastic is a good choice.

True. Probably due to the fact it was a blue chunk of plastic painted to look like the rest of the ship in the areas blue wasn't meant to emit light from.

Would be nice to have the nacelles made from the colour of plastic the rest of the ship will be cast in, blacked out on the inside and then have a blue plastic insert for the warp grill.

#12 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:27 PM

I do wonder due to the sad passing of Thomas Sasser, are there going to be major or subtle differences to the designs of these ships? Will they look much different going forward?

#13 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:28 PM

I want a good sculpt with properly slanted nacelle struts, solid paint apps and quality lightning. I don't need the electronics to be extravagant, just engineered properly so that it doesn't look like singularities are opening up all over the ship.

#14 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:28 PM

I want a good sculpt with properly slanted nacelle struts, solid paint apps and quality lightning. I don't need the electronics to be extravagant, just engineered properly so that it doesn't look like singularities are opening up all over the ship.

#15 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:29 PM

I do not want to hear Kirk scream Khaaaaaaan!

Just clips from Khan himself and his crew. And maybe Checkov and Terrell but only clips from when they were actually onboard the Reliant or on Ceti Alpha.

Since the TWOK has that voice clip I see no reason Reliant should.

#16 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:06 PM

Two sounds I'm particularly looking forward to, from two ships. One of them was always the Reliant, with Khan proclaiming "THERE she is, there she is!"
The other is the Defiant, hearing Sisko's voice say, "Arm quantum torpedoes, drop the cloak and raise shields; we're going in."
50% of the way there now. :)

Part of what makes that 2nd one so good is the Dennis McCarthy music. Mmm, that four note motif of the DS9 theme in the brass!

#17 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:26 PM

What about:

Botany Bay. Botany Bay? Oh NO. We need to get out of here!

#18 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:27 PM

I never forget a face, Mr. Chekov.

#19 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:29 PM

I have to say that I'm hoping AA does NOT use the raised aztek pattern like the 1701 Refit. I always found it ugly looking.

I do hope the reliant is in scale with the Refit though.

Some quotes I would LOVE to hear !!

Khan:

"No Kirk, you can't get away....."

"To the last I grapple with thee, From Hell's Heart, I stab at thee..... For Hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee....."

Joachim lines would be great !!

Would love to hear David warn about the genesis device building to detonation.... Even though it should be on the TWOK Refit.

#20 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:31 PM

Random thing that I think we're all assuming (and is probably the case, even if it is something I usually wouldn't care about), but it would be nice if the Reliant was in scale with the Enterprise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users