130 replies to this topic

#101 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 02:24 PM

Damn, TC you beat me to it!!

I loved Top Gear too - altho it may take me a while to get used to Hammond's new look lol. I didn't know there was a fire which destroyed the props lol. Must've happened while i was in mauritius.

I loved Jeremy reducing the countries of the world to why they won't have perfect driving roads. That must be a new record for him. In the space of about 20 seconds, he was able to insult every living person on the planet who happens to live outside of the UK and contnental Europe!

RIP the cool wall. I hope they are able to make a new one

BTW TC, i think James may just have been naked. He didn't appear to be wearing any trousers. Not a pretty sight lol.

#102 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:54 AM

^^^I actually spat and entire gobfull of red wine over myself and the remote controls when James was squirting bodyspray on his crotch! roflmao.gif

I (just about) managed not to spring a leak when Jeremy mentioned "pulling off" at a service station when tired! laugh.gif

I think the fire may well have frizzled Hamster's hair because what else can explain that look? Unless he left the bleach on too long! unsure.gif

Too bad about the cool wall....I just hope they ressurect it....I want to see Hamster eat more paper!

I agree that Helem Mirren truly was a star in the reasonably priced car! Her lap was pretty tidy compared to some, even if it wasn't the fastest.

A good start to the season, and I love the new chairs. James really does look part of the furniture now! laugh.gif

And what about that crappy concept car that won't go round corners?! blink.gif

#103 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:14 AM

Worst GTI ever tongue.gif

James was not naked for that shot, he was more then likely wearing pants, for the shot. I can't imagine Cpt. Slow being not very british as he is and driving the aston in the buff... doesn't really seem like him. Yeah I was shocked about there furniture, but the set has given it that homely feel tongue.gif Hamster looked alright actually, tempted to go down the hair salon and get my hair cut the same way tongue.gif Looking a bit like Slow atm with my wild and unruly hair :/

All around good episode had a lot of laughs especially the news bit smile.gif

*holds a minute silence for the cool wall*

cheers,
Tk

#104 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:38 AM

^^^Please reconsider! James' hair is cool.............Hamster's is...........over-processed!! wink.gif

#105 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:39 PM

Jules, you're bleach theory may not be so far off

i remember reading his article in the Daily Mirror a few weeks back and he wrote that he was using some sort of cream for some spots on his face. Only problem was the side-effect. It bleached his hair and eyebrows blonde...lol

#106 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:18 AM

^^^LOL! Somehow that does not surprise me! roflmao.gif

#107 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:33 AM

TG tonite guys!

Last night while idly flicking through the channels, I came across a repeat of that scene where the guys try to put one of their convertable people carriers through the car was and set fire to the car wash!

Vintage hilarity! roflmao.gif

Tonight, I have a feeling that those amphibious vehicles make a comeback! wink.gif

#108 ECH

ECH

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:25 AM

yay!

The best part of setting fire to the car wash was that they just ran away! Bloomin' hilarious!

Gotta love those amphibious vehicles too! Apparently they try and cross the channel this time. About a million more things can go wrong there - bound to be a perfect oppotunity for laughs.

#109 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE(ECH @ Oct 14 2007, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The best part of setting fire to the car wash was that they just ran away! Bloomin' hilarious!

Yeah, they seemed genuinely not to know what to do, and then one of them says "we actually managed to set fire to something that is mostly water!! roflmao.gif

#110 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE(JulesLuvsShinzon @ Oct 14 2007, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, they seemed genuinely not to know what to do, and then one of them says "we actually managed to set fire to something that is mostly water!! roflmao.gif

Wasn't it Hammond who said that Jeremy was the one who set fire to something that was mostly water? LOL

As for tonight's episode - where to begin? Top notch once again. LOL at Clarkson sticking the pipe in his mouth the wrong way round then burning his tongue. What the hell did he think would happen?!?

As for the amphibious cars - bloody brilliant. I felt sorry for May, seeing as he was so eager to get going, but his car/boat was absolutely hopeless. Had Jeremy's Toybota sunk with May onboard, i think he would've had to be re-christened Uncle James Trotter lol

Speaking of May, the transformation into Earl May of the manor contiunes. Do you think anything more will be done to him next week? Some traditional hunting gear perhaps, to go with the chair and pipe? LOL

#111 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:00 AM

^^^A coat of arms and a blunderbus methinks!

Weren't the boys breaking the anit-smoking law by smoking pipes indoors? That was just too hilarious, and James did look a little too comfortable with that pipe!

I must say that I was staggered by the process made by the Toybota......I can't believe it actually made it 22 miles across the channel to France! I was wondering what would happen if they reached a part of the French coastline that was just cliffs and had to go round! laugh.gif

There is something deeply hilarious about Hamster's Dampervan! And, seriously, I never thought Jame's amphibious car was ever going to make it more than a few yards anyway ~ no matter how keen he was.

Did it never occur to any of them in advance that if you pack an engine compartment with foam that it's going to get hot and give off some nasty fumes??? laugh.gif

#112 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE(JulesLuvsShinzon @ Oct 15 2007, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did it never occur to any of them in advance that if you pack an engine compartment with foam that it's going to get hot and give off some nasty fumes??? laugh.gif

Jules, remember you're dealing with someone who thought it was sensible to put the lit end of a pipe in his mouth!

Can't believe we have to wait 2 weeks for the next TG. Luckily we have Dave to provide us with classic TG (I'm sorry, i just had to work the ridiculous new name for UKG2 into this thread somehow - seriously, who came up with that one?!?)

#113 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:01 AM

^^^Obviously somebody who napped his way through the "channel branding" lecture in TV school! roflmao.gif

Did anyone see the first episode of James May's second series of wine tours with Oz Clarke?

#114 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:53 AM

can't believe no one has commented on Sunday's show yet lol

I'll be the first - another great show! Clarkson getting up to mischief in the small blue car was hilarious, as was Dermot Murnaghan turning him around at the traffic lights!

The should use those small cars in a race in a race between JC, Hammond and May. It would make for entertaining TV lol

#115 DST Trek Collector

DST Trek Collector

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:40 PM

Yeah, this weeks show really was good, especially clarkson in the little blue car driving past when the news was on. Also when he was in the lift with Fiona Bruce, and when she left he went 'Yeah she's got a nice bum' and then he was like (shocked) 'did i just say that out loud?' hahahaha.

That race is a good idea. Jeremy would win of course, and May would break down or something. Lol

#116 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:23 PM

It's an eerie thought...imagine Clarkson turning up in an office near you...in that little car!! laugh.gif

#117 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:07 PM

Hilarity ensues tongue.gif

But wow all three made it, all though when Jeremy broke down on the salt flats I suddenly had a vision of the boys driving to the lap dancing bar, and Jeremy careering into a bush, his car spewing out engine parts.

Loved the bit with the meat and Slow, a classic Hammond and Clarkson manoeuvre get the opposition killed <G>

A classic Slow and Clarkson moment with the walkie talkie and IPOD, had me rolling around my bed in stitches, all in all a great episode... a whole lot funnier then the trek to the North Pole, but not as funny as the trip through New Orleans.

cheers,
Tk

#118 DST Trek Collector

DST Trek Collector

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:25 PM

I too thought this weeks episode was really good. I didnt expect all three of them to finish. Hammond's affection for his car 'Oliver' was hilarious and sort of endearing!

Also the bit where Clarkson and Hammond were putting the cows head in mays tent, and then Hammond realises its his tent! Classic.

Looking forward to next weeks episode as always!

#119 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:58 PM

A new motoring term...."rough enough to shake the skulls off my bonnet!"

Once again an outstanding programme!

Everytime the dreaded VW Beetle made an appearance with that eerie music I just cracked up!

Yeah, Jeremy serenading Hammond with th iPod was hilarious. The thing is, does Jeremy truly have those awful tunes on his MP3 player?! roflmao.gif

#120 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:38 PM

Have to agree with everyone else - bloody brilliant show from top to bottom

Especially loved Hammond and Clarkson's attempts to get May eaten alive lol. And May's comment 'You look like gay cowboy and you look like a gay terrorist'

Did anybody else catch the last-in-the-series 'Bremner, Bird and Fortune'? The ending featured a video tribute to Jeremy Clarkson. If anybody missed it, i think the show is repeated next saturday on More4. Hilarious stuff. (whats ironic is that i was saying to my sister, who's recently become a fan of Rory Bremner fan due to his impersonation of Arnie Schwarzanegger, before the show that it would be really funny if they did something on Clarkson. And lo and behold...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users