Photo

DST BSG

• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#81 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:54 PM

I think the reason we are getting Hotdog is because all they need for him is a new head. I am pretty sure it is the same body as Apollo.

#82 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:58 PM

I'm a huge BSG-R fan. I watch religiously, read the comics, listen to multiple podcasts each week and post to different messageboards discussing the show. So it's sad that I'll probably not pick these up.

When you've got to pull out the craptastic Serenity figures for a favorable comparison, that says it all right there. I may buy Lee, just to have one figure in flight suit, but unless these look much better in-hand, I'll pass.

JMW326, generally, prototypes look nicer than the mass-produced versions. Rarely does the quality level increase on the assembly line. At least that's been my experience in toy collecting. (I hope it's not the case here.)

#83 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Jun 6 2007, 05:09 AM) View Post
^Sam, what IS your facination with Women in Red Dresses? Envy perhaps? wink.gif tongue.gif J/K

Perhaps...
A guy like myself would look smashing in a dress! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(pickard @ Jun 6 2007, 05:58 AM) View Post
JMW326, generally, prototypes look nicer than the mass-produced versions. Rarely does the quality level increase on the assembly line. At least that's been my experience in toy collecting. (I hope it's not the case here.)

Indeed. I really liked these figures until I actually watched the show & researched it online...now the figures are not soo nice. I mean, whats with Anders??? Helo, Six & Hot Dog are OK, nothing wonderful...I'm wondering how Apollo looks under tht helmet...have we seen yet?

I'm not sure if the problems here lay with Jean St. Jean or whoever painted the figures...but the sculpts & the paint apps both seem off the mark.

#84 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:06 AM

Im going to buy them just to have BSG figures intecat with my Star Trek ones but so far I am nonplussed about the line. Nothing screams to me be outstanding. Im really upset about the flight suit figures because they should have a metallic paint app to them. Just having boring olive green really upset me. Once I get them I may even apply a gold or metallic green paint wash to them. I really hope the quality gets better because i really love BSG.

#85 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

I am not buying the BSG or the Stargate lines, and they really do look so similar is hard to tell them apart sometimes with all of the green uniform designs. Not attractive IMO.

#86 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:37 PM

Passing, as I focus funds and space available on Trek.

#87 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:07 AM

Well, it looks like the first BSG figure to be available will be Chief Tyrol at Comic-Con.
(Scroll down to the image of the figure to skip possible spoilers for season 4.)
http://www.mediablvd...7224322322.html
I can't believe they sculpted him a year ago. ohmy.gif

Also, DST will be putting out a battle-damaged Galactica resin statue repaint through AFX.
http://www.shopafx.c...0sandicoin.html
They had a full image of the ship up, but I guess they had to take it down and replace it with that small preview. It's supposed to be the season 3 look, but honestly, it did not look like enough at all. It has the same spray 'damage' that the Cylon minimates had.

#88 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:25 PM

^Here's an interesting tidbit of information regarding the script the first article talks about. The script is for an episode in season 4 titled "Six of One"....FYI, that was the original name of "Friends" the series up until just before it's premiere. Coincidence? unsure.gif

#89 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:04 PM

Wave 2 has been anounced over at DST's website.
It is scheduled to be:
Starbuck
Cylon Centurion
Kat
Helo (Dress Blues)

Sounds good so far. I can't wait to see what the excusives will be. Probably a battle damaged Cylon or Starbuck in her T shirt. Either way I am getting more excited about this line.

#90 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:04 PM

Hmmm...Is Helo being pushed back to wave 2?
It's great to see Starbuck and a Centurion getting made! smile.gif
I'm curious, though, how is Helo considered a prophet? Could they be referring to the one scene in the CIC with Gaeta?

So, who will be the other clues?
A Wife- I think this could be Starbuck in blues in order to share the body with...
A Witch- ...Admiral Cain since she will be in Razor.
A Wingman- If Helo is being pushed to this wave, they could (but shouldn't) re-use his body for Lee in blues.

#91 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:27 PM

No Helo is the Cylon Lover, Starbuck is the Prophet, and Kat is the drug runner

And the blue Uniform that Helo is wearing in series one is just his blue Duty Uniform. I think the Dress Blues is the one that has the sash across the shoulder for ceremonial events.

#92 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:41 PM

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. smile.gif I figured they listed them in the same order, guess not.

It would be cool if they did do dress uniforms to have another costume though. The only reason I guessed Helo being pushed back is because he is the only one on DST's catalogue site without a release date. I guess we'll see in a couple weeks. smile.gif

#93 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:46 PM

Newforce still has him listed in one of the series 1 sets they are selling. So I am just assuming he is still coming out with the first wave but I could be wrong wink.gif . I hope not though. That is the set I have preordered. LOL. I should probably get over to DST's site and get my preorder in for the Exclusive Chief figure too. I cant wait for SDCC. So many cool things are coming out that I hope we get pictures of.

#94 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:16 PM

While I'm skipping wave 1 entirely, I'm definitely getting Starbuck, Kat, and Admiral Cain!

#95 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:58 PM

Diamond has updated their catalogue with the full image of the battle-damaged resin Galactica.
http://www.diamondse...amp;ImageNo=001

#96 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:59 PM

Maybe they meant Helo in his flight suit as opposed to dress blues....?

#97 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:21 PM

Well, the official lineup is: (January 08)

Starbuck in flight gear
Kat in flight gear
Sharon Valerii in casual clothes (from Downloaded)
Dualla in uniform
D'Anna Biers in her white outfit
ToyFare-exclusive Admiral Cain
Helo in flight gear
(hopefully the Centurion too)

Also, a few new busts and RESIN VIPER.
http://www.wizarduni...e/005313264.cfm

Well, as usual the heads leave something to be desired but the outfits look really good. One big plus, though, is that Starbuck has her season 3 look.
It looks as though D'Anna could be the Cylon in the wave and not the Centurion. huh.gif

Edit- Wow, it looks like they're making a Cylon raider as well!
http://www.actionfig...0_1862.jpg.html (top left)

#98 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:42 AM

D'Anna looks great! BTW, did anyone else notice the Lt. Saavik in the background of the final picture? biggrin.gif

#99 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:17 AM

Better shot of the Cylon Raider
http://sdcc.figures.....php?photo=2484
and a pic of an AFX exclusive battle damaged Scar.
http://media.comics....mg_4742428.html

#100 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:48 PM

Is that going to be a resin statue like the previously released Galactica? There seems to be a Viper on display at SDCC as well, I'm assuming if the Raider is a resin statue that the Viper will be as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users