• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:59 PM

So... just a recap CBS AA has basically announced the following Trek shows that will be behind the paywall...

1. Discovery (S2)

2. A Picard show

3. An animated comedy

4. Section 31

5. Trek Shorts

not to mention they will have the new twilight zone.

But theres also still talk about ..

1. a CW-style Starfleet Academy show and

2. a wrath of Khan based show

There could be up to 7 projects in various stages of development going on. 

#62 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:43 PM

Thats very exciting, especially if each show has a different feel and style to them so we dont get the same franchise fatigue we got with Berman era Trek.

#63 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:25 PM

I don't expect I'll like everything they come up with... but yeah... I do agree that trying different styles will add some spice. 

#64 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:55 PM

I didn't really care for the 1st Season of "No Activity"... but the 2nd has been pretty good.  Don't know if any other AA subbers are watching it. 

#65 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:48 PM

It only makes sense to make multiple shows and show them at different times during the year. That would keep some people from canceling after the season is done and re upping the next year.

#66 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

Any one else get an email about the CBS Insider Community?

Seems interesting... they seem to be looking to green info from their members. 

#67 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:51 PM

Twilight Zone ad from the Super Bowl, looking forward to this.

#68 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:03 AM

My teenager got chills watching this last night. I think the property is in good hands.

#69 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 11:47 PM

Full Disclosure: I own some stock in CBS.

So I'm very excited about the upcoming Picard series obvious, but the third Twilight Zone revival looks extremely promising, and I cannot wait for the premiere. I'll admit that I'm a little bit irked that I can watch the original on All Access, but not the '80s remake, or the remake that aired on UPN in the early part of the last decade. Seriously, I really wanted to watch that again and compare it and the '80s version to the original before the new one premieres. (I remember watching the version from the last decade with Forest Whittaker when it first aired, and absolutely loving it. Apparently I was the only one though as it only lasted a season.) For a service that tends to be good about having shows related to their remakes/sequels, the missing remakes were a bit of a dissappointment.

I'm curious, for those who have watched Jericho on All Access, does it have the original broadcast audio, or has the music been edited like it was on the DVD set? This drove me nuts and I'd pay good money for a Blu–Ray with the original music, just as I don't mind shelling out for other shows with restored audio. (Wonder Years I'm looking at you.) If All Access has the broadcast versions of Jericho though, that's just one more reason for me to like the service.

#70 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:55 PM

Well darn it. NPR had a review of the 1st 4 episodes of the forthcoming Twilight Zone Series, and they felt that Jordan Peel kinda phoned it in.  Of course I'll watch it to make up my own mind, but they basically didn't think it was terrible.. just not better then either the original or the previous reboot. 

#71 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:47 AM

The original is a tough act to follow.

#72 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:53 PM

I didnt expect it would. The first two episodes dropped and I watched the first one. It was ok, but nothing great if I wasnt paying for it behind the paywall Im not sure Id watch it based on the first effort.

The largest issue the critics had was one of dissapontmet that Peel wasnt more involved, because they really like his work on Get Out and Us.

#73 MisterPL

MisterPL

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:34 AM

A second season of The Twilight Zone has been ordered:

https://variety.com/...ess-1203200121/

#74 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:54 AM

When the Picard series is ready to premiere and it sounds like it is worthwhile watching, I will subscribe to all access and check out the other stuff they have. I have never minded paying for a service as long as there is something I want to watch on it.

#75 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:51 AM

Its a good plan VF. Theres no need to continue to sub something if you dont find any of value in it. I rotate the services... no value in paying for them all at once... and as you say you can catch up on other shows.

AA has a couple other shows that I do enjoy, but I wouldnt say they are for everyone. I paid for the commercial free version and I will say I do enjoy watching comedies like BBT commercial free... but that show is ending.

#76 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:44 PM

Do they have all of the BBT seasons available?
I have seen a good bit of it, but the last couple of seasons I just couldn't stand all of the commercials.

#77 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:46 PM

sadly... no. The way I understand it, some shows CBS produces (and thus owns), and and some they just buy limited (first run?) rights to. BBT is in the later so typically they only have the current season available.

#78 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:47 PM

sadly... no. The way I understand it, some shows CBS produces (and thus owns), and and some they just buy limited (first run?) rights to. BBT is in the later so typically they only have the current season available.

So CBS doesn't even make their own series available on their own website? And they call it "ALL" access? Wow, what a lame service. At least HBO has all the seasons of their shows on their streaming service.

#79 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:08 AM

Well... BBT is not really theirs... in this case CBS is just the distributor and I believe the Warner Bros TV/Chuck Lorre Productions, much in the same way Star Trek never originally aired on CBS... it was owned by Desilu... distributed by NBC, and at some point CBS acquired Desilu. CBS also owns many other shows that they never originally aired... like Cheers and Frasier, and these are all available... HBO is the distributor and the producer of their shows... but they have plenty of of content they are only the distributor of... its the same model used by every service... Netflix, and Hulu included.

#80 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:58 AM

Whatever the reason, a show that aired on CBS for over 10 years or so, and recently, that can't be watched in it's entirety on the CBS streaming service is pretty stupid.Unless the Picard series turns out to be something great, they will not be getting my business when you can't even get on their service and catch up on the shows that aired on THEIR network.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users