70 replies to this topic

#1 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:45 AM

Hey all,

Anyone else hoping to see Chapel and Rand at the New York Comic Con?

My hopes (and have been for a while) are 2 x 2 packs.

One having Chapel and McCoy in Surgical Scrubs

The other being Rand and Uhura in Yellow Uniform

Any thoughts?

Take care,
Matty-lad

#2 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:32 PM

With the announcement of DS9 and TWOK I am pretty much done with TOS so no I don't care if those get made at all. I do hope that you guys that want these get them but I am happy with the completed core crew of 7. I was actualy one of the very happy ones when they announced the Dress Kirk and Kahn two pack but lost interest with it since they are doing TWOK. I don't even plan to get it now.

#3 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:09 PM

Well, looks like I'm not the only one who's going to have to change their avatar to a Grumpy one laugh.gif Seriously, I can see your point though JMW326. At what point do you call it good on some of the lines? While I'll probable pick up the new ones, I would love to see some aliens down the line. Rand and Chapel seem as hopeful as Guinan and Q in robes at the moment sad.gif

#4 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:36 PM

McCoy in surgical scrubs would have been GREAT! But I'm not going to buy another McCoy for my TOS crew display when the one I have is adequate.

I have absolutely no interest in a variant Uhura, and barely any more than that in Chapel or Rand.

#5 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:43 PM

While I would love to see Chapel or Rand but I do not think it will happen for this Comic Con. As for scrubs McCoy and the the Uhura variant, it would make for interesting exclusives but I don't see it happening.

#6 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:53 PM

I'm hoping more for Chapel and Rand from the movies rather than TOS versions of them. Like jmw, with the announcement of TWOK and the potential for figures from the other classic Trek movies, TOS figures don't really interest me anymore. I'd rather have more movie figures. In fact, I'd rather have TMP figures before more figures from the original series. And that's coming from someone who really loves the original series. Although aliens from TOS like the Salt Vampire would probably bring me back...

#7 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:55 PM

I'd like them.

#8 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:31 PM

Ok, Uhura in a Yellow Command uniform is such an obvious and easy exclusive to do. Same mold, just change the color. Plus it would give any late commers a chance to snag a Uhura, even if it wasn't the regular issue.

The more I think about it, the less excuse there is for DST to not do this one!

I consider Chapel as part of the Core TOS Cast, so she is a must in my book.

#9 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Feb 7 2007, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, Uhura in a Yellow Command uniform is such an obvious and easy exclusive to do. Same mold, just change the color. Plus it would give any late commers a chance to snag a Uhura, even if it wasn't the regular issue.

If a late-comer didn't get Uhura, an obscure variant in the "wrong" color isn't going to cut it, unless they're a completist, in which case they're still going to have to track down the "right" color version.

#10 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:50 PM

yes... but some people might rather spend $15 and use a bit of red paint, rather than spend the $40 or so that the original currently goes for...

I realize that they would have her in a red dress... but if I just started collecting them and this version was easily available at a retail price i'd probably pick it up. That's all I'm saying.

#11 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Feb 8 2007, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The more I think about it, the less excuse there is for DST to not do this one!

I consider Chapel as part of the Core TOS Cast, so she is a must in my book.

Awwww wub.gif

Artistix feel better now.

I though it was odd she was compared her to Guinan in regards to release.

No, there has been no word on Guinan as yet...but we haven't seen the last TNG wave released!
Whereas we received the last few people in the AA TOS assortment years ago. So she does seem long overdue.

This is my TOS crew: biggrin.gif

But I think, even with adult lines, buyers are likely to go with more action oriented people....everyone likes folk who are tough! Uhura, Troi, Kes, Rand & Bev weren't action heroes, but showed they would try their best to kick your butt if the need arose. (Mirror, Mirror - Violations - Suspicions - The Enemy Within - Fury) with varied results!

Chapel was more of a gentle character. A good nurse smile.gif
But not the most exciting of people.

#12 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:54 PM

I'd still like them myself both in TOS and Movie versions. Do I think they'll happen this comic con? No. But We still need a Movie version of Uhura, so there's hope out there.

#13 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Feb 7 2007, 11:32 AM) View Post
With the announcement of DS9 and TWOK I am pretty much done with TOS so no I don't care if those get made at all. I do hope that you guys that want these get them but I am happy with the completed core crew of 7. I was actualy one of the very happy ones when they announced the Dress Kirk and Kahn two pack but lost interest with it since they are doing TWOK. I don't even plan to get it now.

I agree, I don't really care for the TOS figures so I won't pick up a Chapel and Rand. There are just too many lines that I am interested in to get everything. That said, I hope they do get made for everybody who wants one.

#14 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:33 AM

I absolutely must have Chapel. She was on all three seasons. She was as much a series regular as Chekov (who was in only two).

Rand, I would like, but can live without. But...I'll pick her up, if DST releases her!

#15 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:01 AM

Well... we're at least an army of two on that Kassle!

If you go to StarTrek.Com and click on the "Cast" for TOS eight people come up. That's the core cast and Chapel is one of them.

We are so close to a complete core cast!

I apply that rule to each series.

TNG is not complete w/o Yar & Pulaski

DS9 requires both Dax characters

Voyager core crew won't be complete w/o a Kes

Enterprise requires a Hosi & Phlox in Duty Uniform

I really don't think that's too much to ask for!

#16 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:35 PM

^I like the way YOU think (assuming you're implying Ro is already made, just not released yet in the TNG wave). biggrin.gif And I completely agree with you on your thinking too.

#17 Mirror Mirror

Mirror Mirror

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Collecting, Movie &amp; TV, Writing, Photography<br /><br />&amp; STAR TREK!!!

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Apr 11 2007, 05:01 PM) View Post

If you go to StarTrek.Com and click on the "Cast" for TOS eight people come up. That's the core cast and Chapel is one of them.

We are so close to a complete core cast!

I apply that rule to each series.

TNG is not complete w/o Yar & Pulaski

DS9 requires both Dax characters

Voyager core crew won't be complete w/o a Kes

Enterprise requires a Hosi & Phlox in Duty Uniform

I really don't think that's too much to ask for!

I generally agree with your choices but I'm not too bothered about Yar & Pulaski. Not that I wouldn't be happy with their release but they're not my top priorities.

I'm glad you mentioned Hoshi and Phlox, from the long forgotten Enterprise range...

#18 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:40 PM

Well DST has said several times not to expect any more enterprise figure so no Hoshi and Phlox will be coming. But I would get them if they did come out. I personaly would not buy Rand, Chapel, Pulaski (my God no) or Kes if they did them. I can think of a lot more characters that I would prefer from each show then them. Yar I would get if she were done well but it would have to realy look like her for me to even think about it.

#19 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:53 PM

I figure it's only fair to be consistent!

BTW I really like LuctusofTurborg's Custom Hoshi.... and I understand why we don't have a Duty Uniform Hoshi as it's a rather Unique body just for her... but I wouldn't mind if they defrayed the tooling cost by using the same body for a Season 4 Duty Uniform T'Pol

#20 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Apr 12 2007, 02:01 AM) View Post

The army is much bigger than that...

As I seem to have stated above, my TOS crew is in no way complete without Chapel.

And yes, I have even been called 'silly' by members of this forum for thinking so...but it's just the way it is to me.

I think of the TOS series, Chapel is one of the crew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users