Chief Engineer Argyle

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:12 PM

This was a project thats been sitting on my work desk for some time....finally finished it today!

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Argyle

#2 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

Nice. Very Nice. What (or should I say who?) did you use for the head?

Looks amazing, keep up the great work!

SS

#3 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:46 PM

WWE arn anderson so using the same person I guess one could do a playmates version as well because he was made into a smaller figure by galoob back in the day

#4 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:16 PM

I like it!

I've been watching TNG Season 1, all week and I have to say I was wondering what ever happened to Argyle!

Well done!

#5 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ May 3 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WWE arn anderson so using the same person I guess one could do a playmates version as well because he was made into a smaller figure by galoob back in the day

Hey all,

That's a great looking figure. I've looked around and found the Galoob one you were on about:-

Might work but I've been thinking for a while of using Chief Crocker from Seaquest:-

Just need to get rid of the hat and the rest should be simple.

Take care,

Matty-lad

#6 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:37 PM

It was kinda weird how when TNG started they had no permanent actor cast as chief engineer...

#7 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:12 PM

Very nice work !

#8 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:16 PM

Hey isn't that the guy who supplied Wes with all those snazzy sweaters? LOL!

#9 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:52 AM

GREAT JOB!!

@Matty: I thought the same thing, but after taking that figure out of the package, I have to warn you: The hat is part of the head sculpt, NOT an attachment. So be prepared for a LOT of sanding and resculpting.

#10 Malcolm Orr

Malcolm Orr

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ May 3 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was a project thats been sitting on my work desk for some time....finally finished it today!

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Argyle

Brilliant. It works really well indeed!

#11 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Wildcard @ May 13 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GREAT JOB!!

@Matty: I thought the same thing, but after taking that figure out of the package, I have to warn you: The hat is part of the head sculpt, NOT an attachment. So be prepared for a LOT of sanding and resculpting.

Yeah, unfortunately I figured that much out. Just got to make time to eventually sit down and give it a go. Just done know when that will be though.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#12 Tom Hudspeth

Tom Hudspeth

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

I liked yours so much I went and got the Arn head, now I need a Playmates body.

#13 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

I remember back in the 87-88 season 1 of TNG, the actor that played Argyle sent a lot of fans a letter asking for their support by writing letters to paramount asking to keep his character on the show. Apparently he must have thought his character was getting the boot and tried to shore up some support, but he still got the ax. I didnt write a letter of support because i wasnt that crazy about his character.

#14 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:03 AM

That's really nice Hsbr. The Anderson head works really well.

I'm trying to think of a head you could use for the lady chief in S1. She would really good on the Troi body.

#15 Pauln6

Pauln6

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Jun 9 2009, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's really nice Hsbr. The Anderson head works really well.

I'm trying to think of a head you could use for the lady chief in S1. She would really good on the Troi body.

I was sorry to see Argyle go, but I would have liked to see the blonde chief engineer (Brooke... Bundy was it) again as well. It was great to see another woman in a position of authority but they made all the 1st season engineers so dumb just to make Data and Wesley so good. Would Number Six or one of her variants be any good?

#16 neoworx

neoworx

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:57 AM

That's a sweet piece of work, HSBR. Nicely done. I always thought it was strange that the Chief Engineer of the Enterprise-D was not supposed to be a main cast character when the show began. No miracle-working Scotty!

#17 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:38 AM

Thanks everyone! I love inspiring people!!

#18 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (neoworx @ Jun 10 2009, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always thought it was strange that the Chief Engineer of the Enterprise-D was not supposed to be a main cast character when the show began. No miracle-working Scotty!

Beverly wasn't originally supposed to be a main character either. They just kinda realised they were going to need to use her more than they'd thought.

And wasn't the need to give Geordi something to do the only reason the Cheif Engineer spot was taken by a regular?

It does seem odd they would have thought there would be little use for an engineer or a doctor in TNG!

#19 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:41 PM

Wow! that's really sharp! Good eye on that head!

Sallah

#20 Malcolm Orr

Malcolm Orr

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Jun 10 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Beverly wasn't originally supposed to be a main character either. They just kinda realised they were going to need to use her more than they'd thought.

And wasn't the need to give Geordi something to do the only reason the Cheif Engineer spot was taken by a regular?

It does seem odd they would have thought there would be little use for an engineer or a doctor in TNG!

As I recall she was always in the series Bible and was present during the initial 'Worf-less' photo shoot, but I may be wrong!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users