• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#81 iams001efni

iams001efni

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:44 PM

I had heard it was amazing... I really had noooooooo idea... hahah awesome!!!

#82 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

It isn't quite accurate in details or lighting effects, but it is still an amazing piece of work and, once again, raises the bar on the Trek Tek line. I'm definitely looking forward to getting this. They will certainly have to do a lot to live up the standard this release sets for future releases. I'd like to see them tackle the ST5 assault phaser and the Cage laser with this kind of attention to detail. And, perhaps one day, the dolphin and/or boomerang phasers.

#83 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for Posting that Sallah, I wasn't planning on getting this one, I've never been a fan of that design and was hoping they'd put their attention on doing a Star Trek III Phaser.

#84 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (X-Ray @ Oct 21 2009, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for Posting that Sallah, I wasn't planning on getting this one, I've never been a fan of that design and was hoping they'd put their attention on doing a Star Trek III Phaser.

No prob man! VERY happy with it!

Sallah

#85 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:23 PM

Sweet, you may be changing my mind! Are you sure you don't work for the DST marketing department? laugh.gif

#86 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (X-Ray @ Oct 21 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sweet, you may be changing my mind! Are you sure you don't work for the DST marketing department? laugh.gif

I wish... then I'd have access to all that unreleased stuff wink.gif

Sallah

#87 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:00 PM

Actually, I think they'd make a Hasselhoff head mold and put it on a Kirk figure for ya. biggrin.gif

#88 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (X-Ray @ Oct 21 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I think they'd make a Hasselhoff head mold and put it on a Kirk figure for ya. biggrin.gif

Hey...that's not a bad idea- Maybe I'll bust the head off of my old Michael Knight and do some customizing...

Sallah

#89 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (sallah @ Oct 21 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...got one today! Spotlight is up:

http://apieceoftheac...ar-trek-ii.html

Thanks!

Sallah

That is so awesome..... This is one of my favorite phasers...I'm glad it was finally done justice...... Sallah... What type of batteries does it take? I'm hoping not watch batteries ...It seems like they would burn out quickly with all those lights on it.

#90 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Oct 21 2009, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is so awesome..... This is one of my favorite phasers...I'm glad it was finally done justice...... Sallah... What type of batteries does it take? I'm hoping not watch batteries ...It seems like they would burn out quickly with all those lights on it.

It is indeed watch batteries... but I don't think there would have been another way to do it since the electronics are in the Type 1 section...

Sallah

#91 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (knightone @ Oct 21 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It isn't quite accurate in details or lighting effects, but it is still an amazing piece of work and, once again, raises the bar on the Trek Tek line. I'm definitely looking forward to getting this. They will certainly have to do a lot to live up the standard this release sets for future releases. I'd like to see them tackle the ST5 assault phaser and the Cage laser with this kind of attention to detail. And, perhaps one day, the dolphin and/or boomerang phasers.

Yeah ... I noticed the the indicator lights don't "sequence" the way they do on the prop control panel.... But I think DST actually engineered this to be more thoughtful with each light representing one of the four settings....I love it ! No, I dont work for DST...Im just a dork LOL smile.gif

#92 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (sallah @ Oct 21 2009, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is indeed watch batteries... but I don't think there would have been another way to do it since the electronics are in the Type 1 section...

Sallah

Do you think they will burn out fast? Cause Im gonna be shootin everything ! smile.gif

#93 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Oct 21 2009, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you think they will burn out fast? Cause Im gonna be shootin everything ! smile.gif

Well, I've been umm..."testing" it all day, and it's just as loud and bright as when I opened it so far...

And I totally agree on the lights. I can understand a change if it benefits the toy's playability...

Sallah

#94 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Oct 21 2009, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah ... I noticed the the indicator lights don't "sequence" the way they do on the prop control panel.... But I think DST actually engineered this to be more thoughtful with each light representing one of the four settings....I love it ! No, I dont work for DST...Im just a dork LOL smile.gif

I agree. The sequence they chose ended up being more logical, function-wise, than what we saw in the movie. It is simply a well-conceived piece of art that is above and beyond what one usually expects from the toy world. And, after the disappointing Playmates movie phaser, this release is just what the doctor ordered.

#95 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (knightone @ Oct 21 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would really like to see around a 45.00 Trek Tek version of the Assault Phaser ( Make it be worthy of comparison to the MR version) and a Dolphin Phaser that features the slide open energy cell feature like the film.

#96 Oxnard Montalvo

Oxnard Montalvo

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:44 AM

Aw Crap.

This looks beautiful...and the review was fantastic.....I'm just left with one awful taste in my mouth... the bit about... "The same magnets as the 'D' "

I'm based in the UK and we may never see this, what with all the hoo-ha over the D's magnets.

I say again for dramatic effect

Crap.

#97 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (Oxnard Montalvo @ Oct 22 2009, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aw Crap.

This looks beautiful...and the review was fantastic.....I'm just left with one awful taste in my mouth... the bit about... "The same magnets as the 'D' "

I'm based in the UK and we may never see this, what with all the hoo-ha over the D's magnets.

I say again for dramatic effect

Crap.

If you don't get it over there, shoot me a PM and I'll pick one up for you and send it over. No fan should be without this!

Sallah

#98 Oxnard Montalvo

Oxnard Montalvo

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:43 AM

That is a fantastic offer Sallah...I'll certainly bear that in mind. I'm going to do a bit of reseach to see if its likely we won't get it, although it seems quite likely...wherever I go I see recall notices for the D (although I'm not giving mine up!).....If the magnets are the same......well time will tell.....I'll be in touch if I need one....I really dont want to be without one.....

#99 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

Sallah -

Is the hologram piping on the phaser securely? Is it like a sticker? Do you think it will come off over time?

Thanks for all the info !!

-P

#100 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Oct 22 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sallah -

Is the hologram piping on the phaser securely? Is it like a sticker? Do you think it will come off over time?

Thanks for all the info !!

-P

It does seem like it's a sticker...but it's placed inside an indented area, so I don't think it's going to come off easily...

Sallah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users