twok phaser

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#61 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Collecting almost anything Trek, especially props.

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:58 PM

Need to vent: Well what the !#$@ else is new?! It's DST!
Yeah I was looking forward to it too. I have a feeling it's about to become my favorite phaser replica. Ya know, I really think (in the ship date update blogs) instead of links to the product, DST should link to a reason for the delay. Doesn't have to be long: "We forgot to tell the factory to put in crew covers." "There was a mistake on the packaging." "We just want to tick you off." That last one was a joke BTW.
I think the next Q&A is Star Trek so I'll ask about the delay and about the communicator.

#62 CanOpener1256

CanOpener1256

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:anything Star Trek, especially ship models from Art Asylum and others.

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

Well most company's customer service depts nowadays are paralyzed from saying anything because of their legal dept. As customers I would feel better, more loved for, and taken care of if we received an update like you mentioned. But then DSTChuck would be taken into the back alley and shot by the lawyers for exposing the company to possible lawsuits, attempts to recoup loss investments, etc. I have been in several companies and each one lives in fear of something like that happening. As my wife says, "Common sense ain't so common anymore".

QUOTE (Captain Alex @ Aug 18 2009, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Need to vent: Well what the !#$@ else is new?! It's DST!
Yeah I was looking forward to it too. I have a feeling it's about to become my favorite phaser replica. Ya know, I really think (in the ship date update blogs) instead of links to the product, DST should link to a reason for the delay. Doesn't have to be long: "We forgot to tell the factory to put in crew covers." "There was a mistake on the packaging." "We just want to tick you off." That last one was a joke BTW.
I think the next Q&A is Star Trek so I'll ask about the delay and about the communicator.

#63 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (CanOpener1256 @ Aug 18 2009, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Common sense ain't so common anymore".

So true.

It's definite, the phaser uses magnets to hold the two pieces together.
Fist Full of Comics reveiw:
"Produced in a 1:1 scale as the original first shown, albeit in the background, of Star Trek The Motion Picture, this phaser comes with a feature not previously available in any other version; it comes with a detachable phaser one. The front part of the phaser detaches to become a phaser 1 unit. The unit is held on by magnet and clicks right into place. My only fear about this is that the magnet may not hold up over time. There is no other locking mechanism to hold the two parts together."
Full reveiw and pictures HERE

#64 Oxnard Montalvo

Oxnard Montalvo

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (Captain Alex @ Sep 5 2009, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So true.

It's definite, the phaser uses magnets to hold the two pieces together.
Fist Full of Comics reveiw:
"Produced in a 1:1 scale as the original first shown, albeit in the background, of Star Trek The Motion Picture, this phaser comes with a feature not previously available in any other version; it comes with a detachable phaser one. The front part of the phaser detaches to become a phaser 1 unit. The unit is held on by magnet and clicks right into place. My only fear about this is that the magnet may not hold up over time. There is no other locking mechanism to hold the two parts together."
Full reveiw and pictures HERE

Drooling over that review... although a little worried that it mentions 'march' I thought that in a recent 'ask DST' it was metioned that is was relatively close to going on the boat?

#65 Captain Alex

Captain Alex

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:19 PM

Just checked the date on DST's site it's still...Wait a minute! Since when is it coming out in October?! Wasn't it September 23rd? Did I miss the announcement or did DST change the date without telling us?

#66 QuePaso?

QuePaso?

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:33 PM

I don't know about the dates on DST's site, but the Art Asylum ship date update from August shows both this and the TOS Romulan Kirk 2-pack as due 10/28:

http://www.artasylum...pdate/#more-223

Which, loosely translated, means don't count on either of them until at least Christmas!

#67 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Captain Alex @ Sep 10 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just checked the date on DST's site it's still...Wait a minute! Since when is it coming out in October?! Wasn't it September 23rd? Did I miss the announcement or did DST change the date without telling us?

They have never announced date changes. They just make the changes on the DST site and the AA ship date update and assume you are either keeping track or don't care about the date.

#68 marky

marky

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:24 AM

Does this mean that its sent:
http://www.artasylum...w-have-phasers/

Didn't they say October? Well, if its sent then this is great news! biggrin.gif

#69 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:34 PM

I haven't heard word from any source that the phasers have actually shipped. That being said, the ship dates listed on AA's site is usually the ship date from Hong Kong, in this case the date is October 28. So add 2-3 weeks to that date, if it actually ships from that date that is.

#70 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

I'm really looking forward to getting both the TWoK and TMP versions of this phaser, great stuff. smile.gif

#71 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

I'm counting the days ....... Sigh.

#72 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:49 PM

The Phasers are on their way !!!!! Rick says they should be there by the first of the week !

#73 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:42 PM

Neat! Can't wait! I think the Role play stuff is becoming some of DSTs best offerings!

#74 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:09 AM

Sweet! It's on my comic shop's shipping list for Wednesday! I wonder how long until the TMP version arrives...

Sallah

#75 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (sallah @ Oct 19 2009, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sweet! It's on my comic shop's shipping list for Wednesday! I wonder how long until the TMP version arrives...

Sallah

I think the TMP phasrers will ship earlier than the end of November....Remember how the WNMHGB and Cage Enterprises were supposed to ship much later but they showed up right after the the production version arrived.

#76 marky

marky

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:42 AM

I hope that my local store gets it soon. They always get things 1-3 weeks after US-stores tongue.gif

#77 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:56 PM

Just got a shipping notification from the store I ordered from ( AC World Toys) !!!!

#78 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:48 AM

...got one today! Spotlight is up:

http://apieceoftheac...ar-trek-ii.html

Thanks!

Sallah

#79 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

It does look pretty neat for me not totally caring about it (but.. I did order it wink.gif ). Thanks for the review, I'm actually looking forward to it a bit more now!

#80 Smitty

Smitty

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (sallah @ Oct 21 2009, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...got one today! Spotlight is up:

http://apieceoftheac...ar-trek-ii.html

Thanks!

Sallah

Wow! Fantastic!

Never really big on the TMP/TWOK phaser but after reading your review and watching you demo it, I have to get it.

You can hear what sounds like the transporter effect when it overloads!

-cs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users