• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:39 PM

To be honest they are not my plans and were given to me so that I could do this project for a fundraiser. I will take to see if I can pass them along. Just remember that not everything is 100% there, you still have to build some things from scratch and the PDF also thinks that you are going to use a Madison Chair in this build so if you don't have one, prices can be very very high to buy one. You will have to custom build the seat from scratch if you don't use one which could include having it covered. There is no information on how to build the seat in the PDF so it's an all on your own custom fit thing. At the current rate I figure to have some 40 to 50 hours work in this and about $250.00 + dollars. Sandpaper alone is about to break me down!! I've kept the cost way down by have some parts donated and reusing old wood from around the house. If not for that I would be well over $325 ish

Still playing around some on how we want to do the seat. Nothing is glued together yet, we just jeep playing with it.

#42 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

Looking good FHC! Looks like your about halfway there!

#43 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:53 PM

For $325 and 40 50 hours of work, what you have there looks to be a real bargain.

#44 gkap

gkap

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (FHC @ Apr 22 2009, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest they are not my plans and were given to me so that I could do this project for a fundraiser. I will take to see if I can pass them along. Just remember that not everything is 100% there, you still have to build some things from scratch and the PDF also thinks that you are going to use a Madison Chair in this build so if you don't have one, prices can be very very high to buy one. You will have to custom build the seat from scratch if you don't use one which could include having it covered. There is no information on how to build the seat in the PDF so it's an all on your own custom fit thing. At the current rate I figure to have some 40 to 50 hours work in this and about $250.00 + dollars. Sandpaper alone is about to break me down!! I've kept the cost way down by have some parts donated and reusing old wood from around the house. If not for that I would be well over $325 ish

Still playing around some on how we want to do the seat. Nothing is glued together yet, we just jeep playing with it.

If you can pass them along great if not totally understandable. I do construction for a living so the custom work really doesn't bother me.

#45 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:26 AM

#46 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:14 PM

Absolutely beautiful.

#47 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

Some random paint molecules happen to intersect with my chair today.

I thought that I would also post my brace for the seat of the chair.

#48 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

While I'm waiting on the seat to get back, I started lighting up the controls.

#49 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:32 PM

well, my covering deal sort of fell though. Not that they changed their minds ,it was come confusion on when I needed it done, so, they would not have it done in time. Roy and I just bought the stuff and did it ourselves!!

Not to bad for two guys that have no idea what they\'re doing LOL

#50 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:39 PM

Very nice job, can't wait to see it finished. biggrin.gif

#51 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

Well, I wasn't going to add lights until after the Movie Fundraiser, just I couldn't help myself, out came the soldering iron and the router.

#52 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:30 PM

*jaw drops* wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww cool! amazing work!

#53 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:18 PM

wow, I love how this is coming together. Great job (its been said a bunch but there is no such thing as too much)

Keep the pics coming...

SS

#54 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:48 PM

Wow Mark, that chair is really coming along nicely! You are one talented craftsman!

#55 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:43 PM

Awesome!!!

#56 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:41 PM

Your really doing a good job on that chair! Its starting to look like the real thing, all you need is a starship to put that chair in and you will be in business. How would it go over if you installed it at work, after all your in command there arent you?

#57 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:47 AM

First thanks guys for the high praise. Having done this myself I can tell you where all the tiny flaws are, ones that others seem to miss even standing next to it, but that's the way when you build it yourself. smile.gif

That's a funny idea VF but I leave ST out of work. I deal with some fairly serious minded people, not ScFi fans in the least, and so I keep the ST talk to as little as possible. The 5 people that work in the office with me are the only group of people that have expressed zero interest to me in seeing the new movie. LOL

More work today, I hope to more or less finish it. Well, until after the fundraiser, then I plan to do some things to it like make the card reader work so that you can put in and remove different cards, and when you do, it plays different sound effects and or music. Right now the card reader I have is a one piece static piece that will just glue on. Oh and to make the lights work in the short term I have the LED's wired right to the batteries. At the theater I will just pop them in and then place the seat cushion down, but I want to wire a switch in later so that they come on when you sit down and a bypass switch for full time display. smile.gif

#58 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

I don't have the speaker grill in place yet (paint drying) but take a look at this, while you enjoy the sounds of Motley Crue's Rat Like Me.

http://www.trektoy.com/chair.MOV

#59 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

Wow, absolutley breath taking!

#60 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

WOW! smile.gif

LoT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users