Photo

Disney buys Marvel for 4 Billion dollars !!!!!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

Holy crap! I can see it now. I can see it now, Thor in 2011 will have his winged helmut replaced w/ silver mouse ears !!!!!

#2 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:00 PM

I saw this earlier... I don't really know how to feel about it yet. (though my gut is telling me the same thing everyone online is yelling already wink.gif )

#3 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:19 PM

there was a time that 4 billion was all the money in the world if you had it in one pile!

#4 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:05 PM

As long as they don't do crossover movies , last thing we need to see is Mickey faceing off with Sabertooth or Venom LOL

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:19 PM

Wow. Really???

My 1st thought is why? But Warner does own DC Comics, so I guess it's about time that Marvel got swallowed up.

Sadly, though, I personally always thought that Warners ownership of DC stifled the use of their character library. Warner, as an old school kind of corp really hasn't taken much risk with the DC characters. They pretty much have only been putting out Batman and Superman movies.

There were critics that thought Iron man was too obscure to really do well at the box office, but it was Marvel Ent that pushed the project and took the risk. I don't know that Disney will take those types of risks...

Also did anyone actually read the deal? It doesn't really seem that good for Disney as many of the better characters have already been licensed out for projects.

#6 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

where does this leave marvels islands of adventure?

#7 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Aug 31 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where does this leave marvels islands of adventure?

I've read that it'll continue there until Universal no longer wants it, as long as they abide by the contract.

#8 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:04 PM

Word is Stan Lee will be staying on with "creative control" not sure what this means, but I hope it means he will still have the rubber stamp.

#9 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:15 PM

Does Stan Lee have any creative control now? I thought he was pretty much through with Marvel...

#10 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:21 PM

This was taken from a recent interview with Stan:

Stan Lee: Believe it or not, I have never left Marvel. I'm still the Chairman Emeritus and I still write the Spider-Man newspaper script and I still do as much publicity for Marvel as I can. But I have a clause in my contract that says that I can also do other things. And since I feel I've written enough comics now, I've been at it for half a century, I thought it would be fun to start my own company and do movies and television and DVD's and things like that. The Spider man Movies are my baby now.

#11 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:23 PM

My biggest question in this take over has to do with the Marvel Characters being used at the amusement parks. Will the ones at Universal Studios be discontinued and transfered over to WDW?

#12 Totalus_Kat

Totalus_Kat

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:41 PM

I can see it now... Iron Man 2 will become a teen romp, Tony stark will have kids and it'll be turned into a musical with the nemesis being Myley Cyrus and the Jonas brothers Starks sons... my god... what have they done!

regs,
TK

#13 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE (UFP-1701 @ Sep 1 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was taken from a recent interview with Stan:

Stan Lee: Believe it or not, I have never left Marvel. I'm still the Chairman Emeritus and I still write the Spider-Man newspaper script and I still do as much publicity for Marvel as I can. But I have a clause in my contract that says that I can also do other things. And since I feel I've written enough comics now, I've been at it for half a century, I thought it would be fun to start my own company and do movies and television and DVD's and things like that. The Spider man Movies are my baby now.

Ah right! Thanks UFP... I knew he still did the Spider-Man Daily comics, but I assumed that was a deal he got when he split from Marvel. Hmmmm... so Stan Lee thinks he can make Movies? And Spider-Man to boot? Interesting... I guess it's all about the people he surrounds himself with... I think if he gets good writers and good director and doesn't muck around in the details too much we could get some more good spiderman movies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users