Photo

Toy Fair

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

Since I collect more than just Star Trek I was pretty excited about alot that was shown this year. New Star Wars Vintage collection figures, The Big At At, New G.I.Joe Resolute figures and a ton of DC stuff from DC Direct and Mattel. And even some cool figures from NECA with the Terminator 2 and Predator stuff. It should be a good year for me. I was disapointed that DST didnt show any new Star Trek, BSG or Stargate 7 inchers but I really like the new Universal Monsters line that they have planned.

#42 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:19 PM

I found a few listings for a Toy Fair retailer only exclusive Battle Beast on eBay. Buy it nows on two are ~$400 and at least one auction says this beast will be limited to 100 pieces. Grr! if it's true!!

#43 zyzyx1701d

zyzyx1701d

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:21 AM

Retro Figures

#44 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:16 AM

Thanks for the link, but those things are hideous! I can see I'm going to be saving some money this year.

#45 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:20 AM

Yeah...never been interested in the retro figures. Still, have to agree these aren't the best ever.

This may sound odd...but since Barbie has done Star Trek before...I'm kind of surprised they haven't done an Orion Barbie yet.

#46 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:01 AM

Those Retro Star Trek figures look okay to me, no worse than any of the others put out. The Salt vampire is pretty neat looking i think. Of course i like stuff like this, so to each his own.

#47 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:31 AM

Hopefully they will work out the color matching on that Orion head vs. body issue... Then again maybe they are going for that authentic old-fashioned look where your soft rubber never matches your hard plastic. Heck, I never opened any of my "Mego" figures and most are covered by a lot of clothing; maybe they are all that way. Nevertheless the Orion looks pretty pathetic but the rest look no worse than the others in the line.

#48 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:29 AM

Yes it was the miscolored head on the Orion Slave Girl that really stood out the most. After Pike came across these two ugly alien ladies his injury that led to his later disfigurements were probably self inflicted! They need to tone down the red lips on "Ol Salty" too. Chapel and Pike were done well, however, I don't think that these are really going to entice any Toys R Us reps into carrying any further Trek figures. sad.gif

#49 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:33 AM

Now that you point it out, that Orion girl does look strange with the different colored skin for head and body. Look at the Pike and Chapel, you can see the difference between Chapels neck and head, Pikes hands and head. Probably none of the Retros match up completely. Pike and Chapel dont bother me, but the Orion paint job is a little too different, but i will probably buy them anyway even if they look just like that.

#50 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:36 AM

I was just thinking someone could get extras of Chapel . Die her hair black and then with a few modifications to Pike's uniform, you would have the first Number One figure!

#51 zyzyx1701d

zyzyx1701d

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:18 PM

I'd imagine that they're not finalized yet. That's usually why they put the "no photography" sign in front of them. smile.gif With some luck, they'll fix the color/scale issue with Vina and Chapel's hair.

#52 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

Funky.

Though I was hoping the Orion would look more like the figure at the Megomusem custom section.

#53 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

I wonder if the DST Minimate shuttle will have different stickers so that you can make several different shuttles? Kind of like the minifliers for Battlestar. You could make 3 different Vipers. That would actually make me want to buy more than one.

#54 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (zyzyx1701d @ Feb 17 2010, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh my sad.gif

Yeah the Chapel will be the only one to peak my interest. I have to say I find them rather ... uninspired...

#55 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Feb 17 2010, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if the DST Minimate shuttle will have different stickers so that you can make several different shuttles? Kind of like the minifliers for Battlestar. You could make 3 different Vipers. That would actually make me want to buy more than one.

That would be a cool way to get more life out of the line.I just hope it generates enough money so they can do a Minimates Bridge Playset! Maybe they could do a whole line of Mini-Flyer ships for Star Trek. A Romulan BOP with mini Romulan (Mark Lenard) Cmdr, a D7 with Kor, Koloth or Kang, a Botany Bay with Khan. I miss the Star Trek Minimates, and hope these will make a return to Toys R Us! I need some way to get my figure fix! Mego repros are OK, but I want something a little less doll like.

#56 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

They mention over at the Mego forums that Vina does make more sense than Marta seeing as how Vina appears at the end of every episode.

Plus if it is a set with Pike which is most likely, Vina was his Orion.

#57 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Feb 17 2010, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would be a cool way to get more life out of the line.I just hope it generates enough money so they can do a Minimates Bridge Playset! Maybe they could do a whole line of Mini-Flyer ships for Star Trek. A Romulan BOP with mini Romulan (Mark Lenard) Cmdr, a D7 with Kor, Koloth or Kang, a Botany Bay with Khan. I miss the Star Trek Minimates, and hope these will make a return to Toys R Us! I need some way to get my figure fix! Mego repros are OK, but I want something a little less doll like.

Same here. I dont collect mego style figures. I love the minimates though and would really like to see them start making a come back.

#58 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:16 PM

That Salt Vampire looks very cool , but I get the sneaking suspicion that many of us will get our hopes up on seeing that figure on to have it cancelled like it's DST/AA counterpart . I hope I'm wrong , but experince has taught me to be cautious .

#59 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:23 AM

Well... EMC makes the Mego replicas for DST, and they seem to have been pretty good about getting them out.

#60 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:19 PM

That minimate shuttle is WAY cool....

Sallah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users