NYCC - any star trek coming

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 CanOpener1256

CanOpener1256

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:anything Star Trek, especially ship models from Art Asylum and others.

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

Just read on Art Asylum's site that they will be offering a special "Stay-Puft" guy at the New York Comic Con in October. Any word on the grapevine if AA will use this event to finally announce some new Star Trek stuff? Like release dates or new models for the new ships?

Also, getting tired of seeing all this pre-release stuff (drawings, sculpts, etc) for everything else BUT Star Trek stuff on their web site. I ask once again, who does their publicity? Is he anti-trek? Is that person purposely trying to kill off all Star Trek buzz by generating nothing over the past YEAR (no drawings, pre-viz, sculpts, pictures of napkins with hand scrawled notes) of upcoming products!!??

Maybe its time the license went to somebody else? Thoughts? rants? Juicy gossip?

#2 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:22 PM

Not another "someone else should get the license" and/or "is DST anti-Trek and deliberately sabotaging the license" thread. There have been a ton of these lately and the whole argument and conspiracy theory angle is getting very tiresome. Do we really need another one of these threads?

#3 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:14 PM

I'd say no thank you on the rant front...but if there IS pre or post NYCC Star Trek buzz, AA or otherwise...I WOULD like to read more about that.

#4 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (knightone @ Sep 27 2010, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not another "someone else should get the license" and/or "is DST anti-Trek and deliberately sabotaging the license" thread.

I think CanOpener was being facetious about conspiracy...was there another, "serious" conspiracy theory thread? If so, I must have missed that -- that sounds like pure comedy!

#5 CanOpener1256

CanOpener1256

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:anything Star Trek, especially ship models from Art Asylum and others.

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

good lord .. everybody got up on the dry.gif grumpy dry.gif side of the bed? biggrin.gif

My main question was about NYCC .. anybody hear anything good? The rest supposes that once again (if no news) that all things are still quiet on the western front. If so, discussion points? This board has been very quiet. Just trying to make a good topic. Not sure where those other topics have been.

#6 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:27 AM

DST won't be releasing anything Star Trek until 2011 and 2012. The marketing strategy seems to be to release product closer to the next Star Trek film's release which does make sense. Releasing new product at NYCC doesn't make sense.

Although I have been a supporter of DST losing the license, I can see that at the moment new Star Trek merchandise shouldn't be released until we're closer to the 2012 release date for the next movie. If by Toy Fair and SDCC 2011 and IF DST still have a license and we still see nothing remotely new or exciting from DST THEN I think we have a valid reason to ask for DST to step down.

#7 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:10 PM

I hope to see some better pics of the K-BoP, and maybe the Excelsior and Ent-B. Not expecting much else, though, I'm sure the 2-packs will be on display.

#8 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

I'm betting we might see Packaged Retros of Pike and the Salt Vampire soon. Maybe we will hear news about Chapel and Vina Retros too. I agree with 1701, that there probably will not be anything really exciting for at least another year. If they can sell off the rest of that Playmates surplus, maybe retail will order something new in moderation. Good thing is I've noticed the overstock at my local Toys R Us appears to be shrinking. So hopefully by the time 2012 movie arrives they will be cautious, but still carry some Star Trek product.

#9 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (CanOpener1256 @ Sep 28 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good lord .. everybody got up on the dry.gif grumpy dry.gif side of the bed? biggrin.gif

My main question was about NYCC .. anybody hear anything good? The rest supposes that once again (if no news) that all things are still quiet on the western front. If so, discussion points? This board has been very quiet. Just trying to make a good topic. Not sure where those other topics have been.

Didn't get up on the grumpy side of the bed. Just tired of the discussion. If your main question was about NYCC, then it should have just been that. I get it, you were trying to be funny. A couple of months ago, it might have been. Now it just gets tiresome because every thread around here in the last few weeks has devolved into the same "DST is deliberately trying to ruin the license" and "someone else should get the license" crap. Sorry if I sound harsh, but this stuff is old and I'm tired of hearing it.

#10 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

Yeah, I think, as most have said, DST already announced that the they were on a hiatus where the action figures are concerned. The forthcoming 2-packs will pretty much be the last of the action figures DST has planned for the near future.

Also, they still have a number of Trek Tech and SHips coming, and I think they are focused on getting those out prior to announcing anything new.

Someone correct me if I've missed something, but I think we have the following to look forward to:

TWOK Communicator
Geo Tri-corder
Klingon Disruptor

Klingon BOP ship
NCC-1701 B

If they get the 1701-B out they are sure to do an Excelsior I would think.

With the time frame it takes DST to develop these, it may be awhile!

Well... not for everything, the Geo Tric and TWOK comm are due out in the next few months, but the 1701-B, BOP, and Kilngon Disruptor aren't even up for a pre-order yet which means they are still working on design... or DST is still shopping it around to see if anyone thinks its even worth trying to pre-order.

I'd like to see DST get some healthy returns on the ships and trek tek they are doing so they will do more, but don't look forward to any new action figures (outside the last 3 2-packs) anytime soon.

#11 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:16 PM

People complaining...

People complaining about people complaining...

**walks out**

#12 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:25 PM

Well, I tried to bring it back to talking about toys Art...

#13 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:25 PM

Jeez we all are getting cranky these days.

#14 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Artistix @ Sep 28 2010, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People complaining...

People complaining about people complaining...

**walks out**

Well, if people didn't complain so much, I wouldn't have to complain about people complaining. wink.gif

#15 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

Mr Spock would have a hard time defending that. LOL

#16 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:46 PM

When DST or anybody gives us some new action-figures it will be like finding an oasis in a desert. laugh.gif I thought quitting smoking was rough! We are all going through withdrawals from our plastic fix!

#17 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Sep 29 2010, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When DST or anybody gives us some new action-figures it will be like finding an oasis in a desert. laugh.gif I thought quitting smoking was rough! We are all going through withdrawals from our plastic fix!

Hehehehe... and I'm still waiting for Rick's wave 5a to be shipped over the big pond...

withdrawal syndrom: bought another set here in Germany. And now I'm waiting for this set to arrive. Checking the mailbox every few seconds... wink.gif

LoT

#18 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Sep 28 2010, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like the prospect of someone else giving us new action figures, I can't really see DST doing much more than re-releasing the same characters... What would send me into an exciting woop! is if DST revealed that come hell or high water in 2011/12 they will have released the canceled Borg line, a Captain's Box Set including new sculpts of all 5 captains (Archer, Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway) for the 45th anniversary, a new Star Trek mini-mates line including mini-ships, TNG role-play for the 25th anniversary, Enterprise C toy or failing that, a statement saying that after however many years it's been, DST are to step down and hand the torch over to another company (Hasbro/Mattel?) who can put their own mark on Star Trek and bring Trek toys to a whole new generation...

#19 CanOpener1256

CanOpener1256

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

#20 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:36 PM

I thought maybe this thread was started to talk about upcoming product since there were no new announcements at NYCC.

But I guess I have to relent and agree with Knightone... I gotta keep this one on speed dial for the DST threads I guess!

So here you go guys...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users