• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:39 PM

I LOVE these things. I had them put away for a while, but recently decided to put them back up.
Wow, I think they look really good on my shelf. Anyone else love these things? I find myself wanting multiples of different ships to have little fleets.

#2 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(The Green Lantern @ Mar 19 2007, 02:39 PM) View Post
I LOVE these things. I had them put away for a while, but recently decided to put them back up.
Wow, I think they look really good on my shelf. Anyone else love these things? I find myself wanting multiples of different ships to have little fleets.

I LOVE my MicroMachines!!! I think I have all of them, mulitples of some (runabouts, warbirds, birds of prey, etc). Right now they are in a box sitting on a shelf in my aunt's garage over 3,000 miles away, but I am going to retrieve them in April (among other things). I remember when I saw the box set of them (the one that included the three "All Good Things..." ships) in Toy "R" Us and I screamed with joy! Loud enough that my friend came running to see what was wrong.

QUESTION: When I was in San Francisco, I came across MicroMachine sized ships that were individually packaged where you could see the ship you were getting. AND each ship came with a part of DSP that you could assemble. I purchased an Enterprise-E and an NX-01. I disn't save the boxes and they disappeared off the shelves very quickly.

Does ANYONE know what I am talking about? They came with stands like MicroMachines EXCEPT the ships did not have a hole, they had the peg that inserted INTO the stand (and MicroMachines were the opposite). Anyone?

#3 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:14 PM

This maybe?

#4 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:52 PM

Chalk, if it came with a piece of DS9, then it might be the Romando line. Or even the Furuta line, but I think it was Romando that had the DS9 pieces. Both are Japanese releases.

As far as Micro Machines, I had a bunch but I never really liked them. I always thought the plastic was too soft on them. There was always a lot of warpage to most of the models. I know there is a lot of nostalgia for the Playmates and Micro Machines stuff, but I tell you I don't get it. I was a teenager when they came out and even then I was always greatly disappointed with most everything that Playmates released and most of what Galoob released for the Micro Machines line. The releases that I was happy with were few and far between.

#5 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:55 PM

I love the micromachines, I've been trying to complete a set for the past 5 or so years and am only missing the Kazon Torpedo and Caretaker Array due to not wanting to pay outrageous prices. I was fortunately able to score the Solar Sailer, HMS Bounty and Enterprise-E through the years for pretty decent prices. Honestly, I miss micromachines in general...

#6 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE(knightone @ Mar 19 2007, 06:52 PM) View Post
Chalk, if it came with a piece of DS9, then it might be the Romando line. Or even the Furuta line, but I think it was Romando that had the DS9 pieces. Both are Japanese releases.
As far as Micro Machines, I had a bunch but I never really liked them. I always thought the plastic was too soft on them. There was always a lot of warpage to most of the models. I know there is a lot of nostalgia for the Playmates and Micro Machines stuff, but I tell you I don't get it. I was a teenager when they came out and even then I was always greatly disappointed with most everything that Playmates released and most of what Galoob released for the Micro Machines line. The releases that I was happy with were few and far between.

As with anything there were good ones and bad ones, you just had to pick out the ships that were not warped.

Micro Machines offered a way to create small fleets of ships from Trek for a good price. Imagine paying model prices if you wanted 20 Warbirds? Yikes.

Galoob made some odd choices however like, the Miradorn, Bajoran Fighter Karamma Ship, Nummri ship from VOY and I can't remember the other ones. I felt there were so many other ships that should have been made instead like,
Akira, Jem Hadar battlecruiser, Steamrunner, Viddian cruiser, etc...

I would love to see a new line similar to this like Trek Armada Minis or Pocket Trek Fleets or whatever. Gear it more towards collectors, and release a sets of 8-10 ships. Throw a mix of all the series in there so collectors are more willing to buy each release. Something like,
Set 1:
Enterprise-A
Klingon Bird of Prey
Cardassian Galor
Nebula Class
DS9
Jem Hadar Battlecruiser
Voyager
Viddian Cruiser
NX-01
Suliban ship

#7 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(knightone @ Mar 19 2007, 09:52 PM) View Post

Maybe, Knightone. I know it wasn't Furata or JL. I don't remember the name Romando, but it was during one of my "not really into Star Trek" lapses and only picked up the ships to have another Sovereign class ship AND to finally have an NX-01 mini ship (and it came with a mini-mini NX-01, the size of my thumbnail, which was weird, but...) so perhaps it was Romando. I might have the boxes somewhere in a San Francisco garage... I will have to check. I am surprised I haven't seen them anywhere because they were actually really good quality. I should have gotten more when I had the chance.

#8 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:56 AM

I have most of them. The only ones I seem to be missing are Sisko's Bajoran Sailing Ship, Caretaker Array and the Kazon Torpedo. My AGT Ent. D seems to have disapeared in the move at some point, and hopefully I will find her again. Overall, the original Micromachines that were the first to be produced are the best sculpts. After that, they seem to get gradually worse. The Defiant is aweful, but it's a collectors item. The HMS Bounty is probably my favorite one. I have that one in the console in my car. Don't know why, but it's there. It's the only BOP model on the market that has pivoting wings. Well, the Strike Force one had them too, but the wings pivoted in the wrong place and it threw the rest of the ship out of proportion.

#9 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE(Stormfury_Echo @ Mar 20 2007, 10:56 AM) View Post
I have most of them. The only ones I seem to be missing are Sisko's Bajoran Sailing Ship, Caretaker Array and the Kazon Torpedo. My AGT Ent. D seems to have disapeared in the move at some point, and hopefully I will find her again. Overall, the original Micromachines that were the first to be produced are the best sculpts. After that, they seem to get gradually worse. The Defiant is aweful, but it's a collectors item. The HMS Bounty is probably my favorite one. I have that one in the console in my car. Don't know why, but it's there. It's the only BOP model on the market that has pivoting wings. Well, the Strike Force one had them too, but the wings pivoted in the wrong place and it threw the rest of the ship out of proportion.

I will admit that some were odd choices but I think Voyager looks really good.

Here are my favorites,
Voyager
Negh'Var
Vor'cha
Hms Boutny
BOP
Jem Hadar Attack ship
Obsidian Order Cardassian ship
Voyager shuttle

I also like the sculpt on the Ferengi ship and a few of the Federation ships, but I wouldn't classify them as favorites. The top of the Defiant looks alright but it looks like work stopped on the bottom. smile.gif

#10 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

That's right, I am bringing up this topic again. Does anyone have their collection out? If so, take some pictures. Every so often I will pull out my box and put some up but they usually go back in a box when I need room. I will NEVER get rid of these.

#11 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:17 PM

I'm waiting to make a proper display shelf to put them all out, but if/when I do I'll take pics. I really need to get around to getting the Caretaker Array and Kazon Torpedo, though.

#12 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Chalksquared @ Mar 20 2007, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I LOVE my MicroMachines!!! I think I have all of them, mulitples of some (runabouts, warbirds, birds of prey, etc). Right now they are in a box sitting on a shelf in my aunt's garage over 3,000 miles away, but I am going to retrieve them in April (among other things). I remember when I saw the box set of them (the one that included the three "All Good Things..." ships) in Toy "R" Us and I screamed with joy! Loud enough that my friend came running to see what was wrong.

QUESTION: When I was in San Francisco, I came across MicroMachine sized ships that were individually packaged where you could see the ship you were getting. AND each ship came with a part of DSP that you could assemble. I purchased an Enterprise-E and an NX-01. I disn't save the boxes and they disappeared off the shelves very quickly.

Does ANYONE know what I am talking about? They came with stands like MicroMachines EXCEPT the ships did not have a hole, they had the peg that inserted INTO the stand (and MicroMachines were the opposite). Anyone?

What you are talking about was made by I think the name of the company was Romando. Up until recently you could by these at:

federationmodels.com

Go to products tab,then candy toys then I think starfleet and alien ships. They sold out on the ones you are talking about, but still have the ships by Furuta, out of Japan

Found what you were looking for at this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...I...3DLVI&ps=54

#13 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

Thanks, bgiles. Those were exactly what I referring to. I won't be bidding on them since I don'tt really display my MicroMachines anymore. I am a size queen and display the Furuta and JL ships.

But thank you for confirming I didn't make this memory up.

#14 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (Chalksquared @ Mar 12 2009, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, bgiles. Those were exactly what I referring to. I won't be bidding on them since I don'tt really display my MicroMachines anymore. I am a size queen and display the Furuta and JL ships.

But thank you for confirming I didn't make this memory up.

Not a problem, I thought about trying to put in a winning bid on ebay, but for fear of the wife strangling me, I didn't! biggrin.gif Probably all for the best since we are expecting our second child! Those Romandos are pretty cool though, maybe one day they will be re-released here in the states.

#15 data_2006

data_2006

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Hirogen @ Mar 10 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's right, I am bringing up this topic again. Does anyone have their collection out? If so, take some pictures. Every so often I will pull out my box and put some up but they usually go back in a box when I need room. I will NEVER get rid of these.

Sure I do here you go my collection:

and here the individuela ships (and the ones still packed) Galoob Ships
Also really like the Romando ships and when I have the time (and money) I'm gone look for a second set to display.

#16 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

data_2006 nice collection there! I see you have the Sailing Vessel as well, something I haven't been able to obtain yet.

#17 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:55 AM

I was hoping to pick up an extra HMS Bounty for my display but I forget how much of a high price these fetch on the bay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=280328336109

Wow, I still get amazed at how much the rare micros go for.

#18 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

It's come down quite a bit in past years, actually. When I was building my Trek-micro collection through ebay, the Bounty was going for around $85 average.

#19 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Apr 13 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's come down quite a bit in past years, actually. When I was building my Trek-micro collection through ebay, the Bounty was going for around $85 average.

This was only one auction, others may have sold for more. I saw one recently with a Buy it Now of $124. Someday I hope I come across one from $10.

#20 Krattle

Krattle

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:14 PM

Hello fellow Micro Machines collectors! I'm a new member here and first I'm wondering if I have a complete collection; I've recently tried to finish it off.

I have all the Enterprises (1701, A, B, C, D, E), and all the TOS, TNG, Voyager, and DS9 MMs, the MMs from the movies (Farragut, HMS Bounty, etc.) including the Kazon Torpedo, Caretaker's Array, and Bajoran Solar Sailor. I also have the NX-2000 Excelsior. Were there any special releases that I missed?

Secondly, and I hope this isn't considered advertising, but I have three auctions on E-bay under the name Zentraedi1: the Jem'Hadar fighter, Maquis raider, and Spacedock shuttle. I've tried to price them competitively to pique interest.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users