Yes, another animated series will be coming to CBS All Access:

https://www.hollywoo...-access-1174218

#2 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:13 PM

Good lord! shouldn't they get one of the 4 other shows on the air before announcing more??

#3 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:35 PM

Aimed at children but will probably have crude humor on it like many animated shows do today.

#4 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

I think the only children shows I even see are those on PBS... which are pretty clean.. so Which animated shows aimed at children use crude humor? 

#5 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:12 PM

Simpsons, American Dad and the like. They may not be specifically aimed at children but children are attracted to animated shows regardless of the quality of the show.

#6 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:50 PM

Im all for more Trek, but they really need to slow down here with these announcements.

Give Discovery, Picard, and Lower Decks some time to air and mature before announcing more.

3 shows at once is enough for now, dont need another.

#7 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:11 AM

Right they are not made for or targeting or aimed at children... thy are considered adult animation and include the appropriate parental warnings... in fact the whole idea of adult swim is that its a late night show for adults.

Kids are attracted to all kinds of stuff ment for adults. Heck kids like sitcoms and stuff that makes them laugh. Parents need to do their part too.

Yeah Im with you Alteran, too many announcements too fast can lead to disappointment and backlash.

#8 MisterPL

MisterPL

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:07 AM

Prejudice from "fans" doesn't help. Some people act as if jumping to conclusions counts as exercise.  :P

Animated series generally take quite a while longer to produce than live-action series, despite costing less. Announcing it now doesn't mean it'll be out any time soon unless they're going the South Park route, and there's no reason to believe that.

Just because a series is animated doesn't mean it's aimed at children and even if that's the target demographic, that doesn't mean it won't appeal to adults. 

And they're right; they need to appeal to a younger generation since the existing fans are literally dying off.

Very few us of appreciate Trek in all forms, certainly not enough to sustain the entire franchise. Discovery was aimed at moviegoers who enjoyed the Abrams films. The Picard series is squarely aimed at second-generation fans. Starfleet Academy can bring in the YA market. Lower Decks is CBS' answer to The Orville. Cartoons available outside CBS All Access (perhaps on Nickelodeon) might bring in an even younger crowd.

No single Star Trek series can appeal to everyone but it seems the goal in offering such a variety of material is to ensure there's something out there for as many Trek fans as possible. 

Optimism, folks.

#9 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

Well....Star Wars, in hindsight, easily transitioned to both live action + animation.  However, they did so by making sure their animated series were good enough.  Derpy Kurtz better try for the same.

#10 MisterPL

MisterPL

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:33 AM

Or it'll end up on Nickelodeon, which makes slightly more sense.

https://www.hollywoo...on-deal-1186419

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users