• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:14 PM

So I'm aware that it's a fan film done by Tim Russ and it actualy has some pretty notible names. But the offical site doesn't really say much.

What's the basic plot?

Is seems it's going to be distributed as "webisoides"... does this mean it's going to be free?

So does anyone have any more scoop?

#2 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:58 PM

Check out the link above.

Star Trek: Of Gods and Men Wraps Production

(Los Angeles, Calif. - October 2, 2006) Star Trek: Of Gods and Men, an all-new three-part mini-series webisode featuring many Trek alumni, wrapped production yesterday in Los Angeles. A 40th anniversary gift to Star Trek’s loyal fans, Star Trek: Of Gods and Men will be released exclusively on the Internet as downloads, each 30 minutes in length. The first trailer can be viewed on the official website, http://www.startrekofgodsandmen.com/ .

Star Trek: Of Gods and Men stars Walter Koenig, Nichelle Nichols and Grace Lee Whitney (Uhura, Chekov and Rand of the original series) along with Alan Ruck (Captain John Harriman of the 7th feature film, Star Trek Generations). Joining them are Garrett Wang and Ethan Phillips (Voyager); Cirroc Lofton, Chase Masterson and JG Hertzler (Deep Space Nine), Gary Graham and Crystal Allen (Enterprise), Herb Jefferson (Battlestar Galactica) plus Tim Russ (Voyager), who also directed. The same team that created the hit “Roddenberry on Patrol,” currently in DVD release also directed by Russ is producing the webisode.

"What we have achieved thus far has gone way beyond my expectations,” said Tim Russ, OGAM director. “The majority of the film was shot without key personnel and critical materials in a number of production areas. It has been quite difficult getting through the process as a result. The cast and crew have been tremendous, working extremely hard to achieve our goals. I think the fans will be absolutely amazed with the film when it's finished. I can't wait until we release OGAM, and I look forward to the reactions."

Producer Sky Douglas Conway and Deep Space Nine freelance storywriters Jack Trevino and Ethan H. Calk wrote OGAM. Director of photography is Doug Knapp. In addition, many artists in the field of makeup and lighting have joined them for what is sure to be a history-making event.

Star Trek: Of Gods and Men was produced in association with NewVoyages.com and was filmed in part on the “New Voyages” set in New York state as well as locations in Los Angeles. A Christmas 2006 release is anticipated. For more information, visit http://www.startrekofgodsandmen.com/.

# # #

Contact: Mary Anderson-Harris, 818-729-9291, aharrism@pacbell.net

#3 krash

krash

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:09 PM

That looks great I can't wait to watch it. The best part is that it's free. biggrin.gif

#4 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:16 PM

Hmmm... I guese I still don't know what the plot is about. Is this based on a book? Or is it a completely new?

#5 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:29 PM

I am not sure what it is about but I will be watching it. It looks pretty good.

#6 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:01 PM

It looks to me like it's a mirror universe TOS era and DS9/Voyager era crossover. Looks interesting and I look forward to its completion.

#7 Bizza

Bizza

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:31 AM

The trailer looks ace, can't wait biggrin.gif

#8 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:43 AM

went to the site and found out there was a "FULL TRIALER NOW AVAILABLE!"
Since I am interested in just what a "trialer" is, I thought I would view it... Hey this looks amazing and I hope the actual acting etc is as good as this. Just dont let Cowley get his ambitious CG effects take control again... (reference to ST New Voyages). Watch IT, just use the link at the top of this page.

#9 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:11 PM

I just remembered that Part 1 of 'Of Gods and Men' was supposed to premier soon. When I went to the link supplied by FHC, it says there is a special announcement on its way and there is a date listed for tomorrow. I hope we hear something soon about this, it looked like a cool project.

#10 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:34 PM

The plot line is definately TOS-Generations (ENT-B ) era story with a LOT happening in the Mirror Universe or more precisely an alternate universe. Here's an excerpt from the magazine "Movie Magic"
As is the norm with Star Trek, the storyline serves as an analogy to our time, posturing a time-altered future where ideals of the Federation of Plantes have given way to a darker, more savage universe.

"We wanted to write a contemporary morality play," [Sky] Conway notes (producer). "We wanted to tackle issues that are in the forefront: terrorism and war and peace and an exploration of the meaning of liberty. We talked that issue in a very interesting way. The kernel of the idea is that Of Gods & Men is a cross between It's A Wonderful Life and Star Trek, looking at what happens if Captain Kirk had never been born. What it allows us to do is go outsi8de of the normal roles of Uhura and Chekov and the idyllic world of the Federation and change things up, which they did often on all the Star Trek series. It allows our actors to do things they've never had a chance to do before. And for us, it gives us a chance to go where Star Trek has never gone before."

The first part of the article talks about some legal things dealing with distribution....basically as long as it's not-for-profit, Paramount will let them distribute it for download on the internet as if it were a fan film (ala New Voyages) BUT that there might be a way for them to get Paramount to market it to DVD if things go well.

#11 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:14 AM

So Im expecting to wake up this morning and download part 1 and the website says I have to wait for a special announcement? It cant be good that things are being postponed already!

#12 Tom

Tom

Technical Consultant

• Administrators
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:11 AM

The New Site and forum are open BTW.

#13 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:22 AM

Yeah, unfortunately there has been more delays. I can't wait to see what they've come up with.

#14 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:26 AM

They have the first three minutes up as a teaser. I like what I've seen so far and can't wait to see the whole thing.

#15 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:25 AM

Does every actor play the Star Trek character they are known for (albeit in an alternate universe)?

#16 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:39 PM

^No. As far as I know, only Chekov, Uhura, and Capt. Harriman are the only original actor/original character combos. I'm not sure if Tim Russ is doing a Tuvok character (alternate or not), but he does appear to be playing a Vulcan.

All of the others appear to be playing new characters.

#17 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Apr 17 2007, 02:39 PM)  
^No. As far as I know, only Chekov, Uhura, and Capt. Harriman are the only original actor/original character combos. I'm not sure if Tim Russ is doing a Tuvok character (alternate or not), but he does appear to be playing a Vulcan.

All of the others appear to be playing new characters.

Bah! dry.gif

#18 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:10 PM

Tuvok is Tuvok. Kim is another chacter as well is Neelix.

#19 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:07 PM

That makes sense since it appears this takes place in the very early 24th century. It was mentioned in the teaser that it takes place 12 years after Kirk "dies" on the Enterprise-B.

#20 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:11 PM

From what I gathered from all the available videos is that an alternate kirk is responsible for the deaths of many (possibly aboard the Ent B ). That is why Harriman is involved. I also think this may be the beginnings of the Klingon takeover as seen in DS9. Im a bit confused as to how this timeline is different and how it fits into regular continuity. I really cant wait for this to come out! I hope it fits into regular Mirror Universe cronology (although I think what they did is ds9 is a travesty!) I wish we had a Harriman figure already so I could do an easy custom job!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users