Star Trek: Legacy Video Game

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:51 AM

I just saw this blurb over at StarTrek.com that the new Star Trek: Legacy game will feature all five captains doing voice overs for the game.

This is really cool news! I am not a big fan of strategy games ... cause I am not very strategical ... but I might check it out just for the sake of hearing all five actors coming together like this!

I kinda miss the adventure games that Trek used to be. I think the last one made was the sequel to Insurrection ... I can't remember its name. I liked becoming the characters and solving the puzzles to save the universe. Unity was by far, the best game ever. I played it over and over and never got tired of it!

#2 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:15 PM

For me, the best trek game ever was the low tech one created for the Apple II Back in the 70's

Someone made a Share ware version of it for the Mac years ago, and that version still rocks... alltough there's no CPU throttle on it so it's waaay to fast on my New Mac.

But that game was the quintesential Trek game to me... you had to mange sheilds, phasers, torpedos, explore sectors and destroy Klingons, and you could dock at a Star Base to re-generate.

If all else failed and you were sorely out numbered, you could self destruct and take those Klingon bastards out with you!

The Mac Updated version had pretty much the same feel, but you had to beam down and rescue colanist before the Klingons killed them.

Can't remember the name of the Shareware, but I'll have to dig it out tonight.

#3 ECH

ECH

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Aug 21 2006, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I kinda miss the adventure games that Trek used to be. I think the last one made was the sequel to Insurrection ... I can't remember its name.

It was called Hidden Evil. And what about Elite Force I & II? I thought they were adventure games.

I'm looking forward to Legacy, having seen the trailer and heard that all 5 captains will add their vocal talents to it. Some pretty cool animation too. It will be the first Trek game I've had in a while. The last one was EF II and that was a good few years ago.

Another game I quite enjoyed was DS9: The Fallen. It's a shame that DS9 wasn't the basis of more games.

#4 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(ECH @ Aug 21 2006, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And what about Elite Force I & II? I thought they were adventure games. ... Another game I quite enjoyed was DS9: The Fallen. It's a shame that DS9 wasn't the basis of more games.

Yeah, you are right, but they are more first-person shooters to me. In real adventure games, I don't have to blow up everything I come across. biggrin.gif

The Fallen was amazing! I forgot about that one. I played it a couple of times too. I enjoyed DS9: Harginger too.

I just wish they could inculde the entire casts in these games. I know its expensive, but it would so rock! I think the only ones to do that were Unity and Elite Force I.

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:15 AM

So I finaly remembered the name of my fav trek game, based off of the Super Trek writen in teh early 70's "Rescue!" by Tom Spreen.

Check out the full history at this link!

http://www3.sympatic.../star_trek.html

#6 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:22 PM

So what is an example of a strategy game?

#7 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(The Green Lantern @ Aug 22 2006, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what is an example of a strategy game?

Sim-City ... Civilization ... Star Trek: Armada. Any game where you have to use strategic moves and abilities to win the game. I get the feeling legacy is gonna be. You have to decide what ships to use, where to use them, what weapons to use, similar to Armada.

#8 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Aug 22 2006, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sim-City ... Civilization ... Star Trek: Armada. Any game where you have to use strategic moves and abilities to win the game. I get the feeling legacy is gonna be. You have to decide what ships to use, where to use them, what weapons to use, similar to Armada.

Awesome news...I loved Armada.
Thanks.

#9 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 03:06 PM

I am looking forward to this game. I have never benn one for online games but I will be giving this one a try.

#10 ECH

ECH

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 03:19 PM

Lecagy isn't an online game. Its being released on PC and Xbox 360.

#11 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 03:24 PM

Actually, there are online battles that you can play. Check out the article about half way down. Single player or muti-player online.

#12 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Aug 27 2006, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am looking forward to this game. I have never benn one for online games but I will be giving this one a try.

JMW326, I think you are thinking of Star Trek Online which is a MMORPG (Massively-Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) being created by Perpetual Entertainment.
http://www.startrek.perpetual.com/

As ECH said Star Trek Legacy is going to be released on PC and Xbox also I beleive PlayStation and Nintendo DS. Star Trek Legacy is one of two games released by Bethesda Softworks. The other is Star Trek Tactical Assault
http://startrek.beth.../home/home.html

#13 ECH

ECH

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Aug 27 2006, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, there are online battles that you can play. Check out the article about half way down. Single player or muti-player online.

I see. With all these games over the horizon it's a little tricky keeping up with everything. Legacy, ST Online, Tactical Assult, Encounters...

#14 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:27 PM

Wow, Now I don't know which one I want to get into. lol

#15 ECH

ECH

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:47 PM

Does anyone know when Legacy is supposed to be released?

#16 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:33 AM

Everything I see says Novemeber 7th ... but the only industry worse than the toy industry about release dates is the video game industry. tongue.gif

#17 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(ECH @ Sep 7 2006, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know when Legacy is supposed to be released?

I've been wondering the same thing, my wife keeps talking about this game and I look at her like she's a crazy person tongue.gif

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Sep 8 2006, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everything I see says Novemeber 7th ... but the only industry worse than the toy industry about release dates is the video game industry. tongue.gif

Thanks for the release date, hopefully your right. I just finished up Call to Duty(need to run my ethernet cable and download some maps) and plan on tackling Perfect Dark next. But I think my wife is wanting this one, since she likes the games that make you think and I just love to shoot things up laugh.gif

#18 ECH

ECH

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 01:13 PM

Well I've found out a few days ago that Legacy on PC is due for release on the 22nd of this month. That's cutting it a little close to Christmas.

Have you guys got it on PC in the US yet?

#19 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 04:14 PM

What other Consoles will it be released for? Anyone have an idea?

#20 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 04:39 PM

It will just be for PC and XBox 360. PS2 has its own Trek game, Encounters, I think it's called. And then there's Tactical Assault for both PSP and Nintendo DS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users