Photo

First photos of Zachary Quinto as Young Spock!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE(DavAnthony @ Nov 15 2007, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Valid points as well my friend. I really don't think this guy was born to play this role though. I think personally I would of had a bit more "faith" in the choice if the kid hadn't grown up in hollywood and his family wasn't in the "the biz". I liked his casting better then Vogel but when I heard that he's a hollywood kid he has to really prove himself in order for me to buy it.

Agreed. So let him prove it to you. Until then, just sit back and relax... smile.gif

#22 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:17 PM

Well for me recasting these roles is really just absurd. So Pine doesn't need to prove anything to me because I most likely won't be going to see this movie. Even though Quinto seems like a cool guy I'm just not going to watch the screen and say "wow, there is young Spock or Kirk". I'm going to watch the screen and think A-that is a good interpretation or B that is a horrible interpretation. For me Nimoy will always be Spock, Shatner-Kirk, McCoy-Kelly, etc. For everyone that is excited about this movie though, go and enjoy it. I hope you do I just won't be sitting there in the theater with you.

#23 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:55 AM

DavAnthony, I tend to agree with you on some points. I dislike Tom Cruise so much that I will not see anything with him in it. Its not because he is nuts, but because he is a half-rate actor in my opinion. I refuse to pay money to see someone that I think cannot act on stage or film. Its my opinion, though, and if other people think hes the best thing to hit Hollywood, they have a right to go see him and drool. I won't though.

If you don't like it and don't want to see it, its your business. If you are correct and this one sucks, then you've saved yourself a trip, 2 hours of misery and 10 bucks. I do hope you are wrong though and this is amazing. Just seeing Quinto in his Spock gear got me excited.

I am going to see this one out of curiosity and respect for the franchise, with hopes that its going to be great. I really don't think this is what Trek needed to stay alive. I think an amazing story and respect for the franchise is what was needed. We will see how things go.

If you are right, come back and shoot everyone the finger when its all said and done. If not, we'll come back and let you know what you are missing. laugh.gif biggrin.gif

#24 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:39 PM

As we get news that hints at what the movie will be about, I must admit that I waffle back and forth as to if I think it will be good or not!

First off, let me say I love what we are seeing here, and find it promising. What concerns me is keeping some shred of continuity together. The last thing I want to see are contrived reasons to have certain characters appear in in the film... the way Lucas put C3-P0 and R2-D2 in the pre-quil-o-quies! To me it was just unnecessary and actually distracted from the movie.

Likewise, there are many experiences that Kirk, Spock, and the rest of the crew had before they were ever put together as a crew... I'm getting the idea (and I hope it turns out to be wrong) that we will see all these relationships formed in some setting such as Star Fleet academy. The rational of a diverse and varied crew would suggests that not all of the crew attended the academy at the same time, and put in a context of a more military structure, I think most people would find it unlikely too. In this context I don't think a young Checkov should even be in the movie! And I question if we need a Uhura or most of the rest of the core cast. Spock and Kirks experiences should be happening apart... until they serve on the Enterprise.

But! I really have no idea what they are going to do, so as other have mentioned, I will reserve any judgment or critique until I see it for myself!

#25 TLAMGUY

TLAMGUY

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Blowing stuff up and collecting TOS Trek

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Nov 26 2007, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As we get news that hints at what the movie will be about, I must admit that I waffle back and forth as to if I think it will be good or not!

Mmmmmmm.....waffle.

#26 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:42 PM

Here is my bet. Everyone seems to think that this movie is going to take place in one time frame. I say that it covers all the ground from when Spock lets his father down and enters Starfleet, to the end of the first three years of the five year mission.

Anyone want to put up a dollar that says I'm wrong?

#27 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:44 PM

I am under the assumption that the Leonard Nimoy Spock is from the 24th century.

#28 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:06 AM

True but I'm betting this is old Spock looking back on his life as a young man, maybe on his death bed?

#29 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE(FHC @ Dec 9 2007, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm betting this is old Spock looking back on his life as a young man, maybe on his death bed?

That would be cool. I would like to see Nimoy get to close the book on his TOS run much the way Shatner did (on the big screen).

While I like how McCoy & Scotty got to make an appearance in TNG, it wasn't quit the send off I thought each deserved, (but I'm ok with it!)

#30 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9&quot; clothed figures

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Dec 23 2007, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I like how McCoy & Scotty got to make an appearance in TNG, it wasn't quit the send off I thought each deserved, (but I'm ok with it!)

TUC was their real send off.

#31 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:50 PM

Here is an article from Aintitcoolnews about the new movie, Sounds good so far. I cant wait to hear more. Star Trek

#32 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:18 PM

I am still cautiously enthusiastic about this new film. I hope it does as well as Paramount hopes it will cause I need new Trek in my life bad! lol Thanks for sharing the article.

#33 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:46 AM

Is this ugly bastard for real?

#34 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:15 AM

That one I believe has been shot down already as a fan interpretation.

#35 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Jul 2 2008, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That one I believe has been shot down already as a fan interpretation.

I think you mean another one. On this picture, the one I know that was shot down as a fan interpretation is the one in the black parts. The one in the white parts of the picture however is new to me.

But then again, I'm not saying you are wrong. In fact I hope it's another fan interpretation because it's an ugly SOB.

#36 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:40 PM

Yeah, Bernsie, the one in white has also been debunked as a fan-made design. In fact, I've never seen the one in black.

#37 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:18 PM

The black one is new to me too! Im going to go out on a limb and say that the ship design is probably the most heavily guarded secret of the whole project. I wonder if we'll even see it before opening night of the film.

#38 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:40 PM

And I thought I found the one in black somewhere on this board a long time ago.

#39 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:41 PM

I'm kind of hoping they would go for something like the biggest one on this picture.

#40 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:38 AM

You're right Bernsie. The black photos were the one posted here a while back, I just didn't recognize those angles.

And PLEASE no pointy things on the nacelles! Its too nipple-y and retro!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users