#3641 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:38 AM

MORE XLS!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.herocoll...H-RYQQV0KjfhfNU

Im slightly dissapointed that the Prometheus isn't in this next batch but fingers crossed for it (and the Enterprise-J).  That Discoprise looks much better than i initially thought.

#3642 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:09 PM

Some of those XL choices are amazing! I'm definitely down for a Runabout. Here's a list from the facebook group:

XL ships

XL11: Discoprise
XL12: Akira Class
XL13: Klingon BOP
XL14: Runabout
XL15: Excelsior Class

Specials
SP15: Spacedock
SP16: V'Ger
SP17: Doomsday Machine
SP18: Scimitar

Bonus
USS Emmet Till - Ezris Ship (DS9 Season8)

Regular issues
141: Vulcan T'Pau
142: Promellian Battle Cruiser
143: Merchantman
144:Tin Man (Gomtuu)
145: Nightingale

Other ship news:

Insurrection ships.
Ben said, “They are committed to rebuilding them, and hope to have them out in the next 18 months and hopefully sooner.”

Next Station is Regular one (No date yet).

The Emmet Till is apparently featured in the 'season 8 episode 1' of DS9 from the new documentary. Designed by John Eaves (very obviously in my opinion), here's the story behind who the ship's named after: https://en.wikipedia...iki/Emmett_Till

Preview here:
https://twitter.com/...597350046941184

#3643 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:27 PM

I'd like to see the Emmet TIll from more angles, but it definitely looks like every other ship Eaves designs. 

Not sure why he always cuts out the front of the saucers. From the looks of it, it seems like a window is there instead of a deflector. 

#3644 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 04:47 AM

I'd like to see the Emmet TIll from more angles, but it definitely looks like every other ship Eaves designs. 

Not sure why he always cuts out the front of the saucers. From the looks of it, it seems like a window is there instead of a deflector. 

The man does love his negative space.

Oh yeah Im happy for the runabout as well. I suppose we've got to get the obligatory Klingon BOP and Excelsior out of the way first.

#3645 data_2006

data_2006

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:43 PM

At destination Star Trek he actually commented that they placed the shuttle bay there thats why there is a cut in the saucer section

#3646 Morgan

Morgan

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:16 PM

XL Akira sounds pretty sweet.

The T'Pau should be neat -- that design doesn't get enough appreciation.

Also, I'm ready for the my terrible Excelsior study models from Unification. Waiter, check please!

It's cool to see that they're getting deep into concept sketches as source material -- I'm sure many of us would probably like this Valiant concept, or at least one of the Defiant concepts (but not the bad ones).

dd-2.gif

#3647 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:51 PM

Personally, id love the Valiant as a bonus ship among several others.

XL models, im only after Enterprises, for my work desk.

But im most upset about the Whale Probe. Im not sure why he said the whale probe wouldnt be done. I mean, look at the Malon freighter... its color scheme was downright autrocious... and for the sake of clarity, my daughter calls it the turd ship. So the whale probe has some precedence for an unattractive or noncolorful vessels being in the collection.

Yeah, it was simple on screen and mono colored, but thats the point. As far as mounting the ball, the solution is fairly easy... just look at every other ship in the collections display stand. Id gladly deal with a clear piece of plastic to give the illusion of the glowball floating than to not have it at all. It can go then mount within a hole in the bottom, which was seen on screen. Maybe include some glossy white paint freckles in the plastic to give the illusion of glowing.

The Fesarious... i was disheartened he may not get to do that ship... but we have a borg sphere... surely injection molding the exterior in complete plastic (maybe metal interior for weight and stability) with clever paint apps could bring that ship to life. I mean, weve gotten all plastic ships before. While i know its not die cast, weve lived with one before (precedence), so to ensure a ship is included in the collection and being one of his favorites, surely a solution can be found.

I hope Ben doesnt give up on either of these ships. I love them all, flaws and all. Hopefully he finds the way forward.

#3648 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:42 PM

If EM doesnt give you a Valiant, theres always these guys:

https://gameprint.ne...by8u7SigWJrrnFZ

I could give you one too, with whatever name and registry youd like.

#3649 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:20 AM

I have this feeling the Discoprise was a mistake in that article...

Why would the display stand in the photo look more like on par with a normal sized model?

Also why would that be in the other collection and not the Discovery collection?

#3650 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:13 AM

I have this feeling the Discoprise was a mistake in that article...
Why would the display stand in the photo look more like on par with a normal sized model?
Also why would that be in the other collection and not the Discovery collection?

They said they wanted to get the XL out first with it coming later in the Discovery Collection at the normal Discovery size.

#3651 Bryan

Bryan

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:58 PM

Well they finally pushed me over the edge and I subscribed to the Discovery line.....

That XL Enterprise sealed the deal for me.

#3652 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:14 AM

Has someone ever ordered at the Eaglemoss shop and paid with PayPal? I've ordered four models about a week ago and didn't receive any order confirmation whatsoever. I contacted the support via Email but they're not responding. Should I withdraw the order and open a case on PayPal? There seems to be quite the bad history with Eaglemoss and PayPal, according to most costumer reviews.

#3653 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:10 PM

Love the Buran, such a cool design.

https://imgur.com/a/i7SGz8Z

#3654 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 05:30 PM

Merry Christmas fellow collectors!

#3655 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 06:14 PM

Yes Merry Christmas.  In case any of you bastages missed it the XL Akira is up for preorder.

https://shop.eaglemo...inch-xl-edition

Soon it will be mine!

#3656 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:49 PM

That Akira XL looks really good ! Recieved the XL Enterprise C as a belated Birthday gift.... I'm really impressed..... I think they did a great job... Plus it's a damn huge replica... Makes my XL Enterprise D look dinky.

#3657 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:50 PM

That Akira XL looks really good ! Recieved the XL Enterprise C as a belated Birthday gift.... I'm really impressed..... I think they did a great job... Plus it's a damn huge replica... Makes my XL Enterprise D look dinky.

#3658 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:45 AM

Wow they already decided to go all over the map with XLs? Glad I am staying out of that game...

#3659 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:45 AM

Double post removed

#3660 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:04 PM

Yeah I got it for Christmas damn thing is massive.  Its got me all the more excited for DST's version (obligatory when it finally comes out in 2045 joke).  The Akira looks fantabulous.  I said it on facebook but Im wondering if EM took some of those highly detailed drawings that Alex Jaeger did to add some extra detail to the XL.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users