• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

With it coming up this weekend, I figured lets get this topic started eh? What is everyone most interested in seeing? Me personally I can't wait for the "Non Classic" Select Figure and a possible glimpse at an Into Darkness Line of figures if there is one. I'm sure Excelsior will be shown again and very possibly one of the new ships they have been working on if they don't just bring a bunch of the ones they've already just released. Any other things people are hoping for?

#2 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

I agree with most of your hopes for what we might see... Im hoping we get a glimpse of future dst trek offerings...especially some new announcements.... ( Cmon USS Defiant!!!)

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

From DST I am hoping to see more from the Select line and hopefully a wave 2 of expendables figures. I also hoep to see more role play and ships.
From Hasbro a 3 3/4" line of Star Trek Into Darkness figures.
From Hot Toys. Anything and everything they want to put out but mostly Man of Steel.

#4 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

New Toy Licenses Announced for DST at NYTF 2013

Aliens and the '60s TV show Lost In Space.

Of relevance to this site is the following passage:
QUOTE (DST)
On display will be new items from Marvel Comics, Marvel Studios, The Walking Dead, Star Wars, Star Trek, Universal Monsters, The Munsters, Knight Rider, Ghostbusters, Pathfinder, Back to the Future, Tomb Raider, Lenore and Invincible. Products will include highly detailed 7-inch action figures, 2-inch Minimates mini-figures, Femme Fatales PVC statues, Granix art plaques, vehicles, light-up statues, banks, prop replicas, bottle openers, kitchenware, neon signs and more.

I'd say at least one of those categories will apply to a never-before-seen Star Trek item. Here's hoping it's either vehicles or prop replicas.

EDIT:
QUOTE (DST's FB Feed)
Facebooker:
Hey DST, just recently got the Klingon Bird of Prey, and I love it! Are there going to be any new ship announcements at Toy Fair? I've had my fingers, toes and other things crossed for almost 10 years that you guys would make the Defiant. lol

Diamond Select Toys:
Not sure we'll announce any entirely new ships this week.

So only variants then... USS Lakota? Maybe. IKS Ro'Tarran? Please! HMS Bounty? More than likely.

I'd love a Ro'Tarran that sings the Klingon BATTLE SHANTY!

#5 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

HASBRO

I'm hoping for a robust line of toys from them, mostly stuff relating to Star Trek Into Darkness but I wouldn't mind seeing some throwbacks to the original Trek and TNG. Looks to be primarily a Kre-O line and from the looks of things, the Star Trek Kre-O line is going to be really something very cool indeed. Just seen the new Kreon Klingon and it looks awesome so definitely going to be picking up this line perhaps forgoing the micro builder ships.

Other than Kre-O I'm hoping we'll see some fun and interactive role play items but I'm not really going to be bothered about seeing action figures, not my bag really.

Diamond Select Toys

Hoping we'll see what the next ship is going to be even if it's just a photo of it on some foam board plus the variants to the B and BoP including USS Excelsior, NX or NCC or both and TNG/DS9 era Bird of Prey. I'm guessing its a given that we'll see an HMS Bounty variant.

Other than that just going to enjoy the coverage and look at all the cool new toys.

#6 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

I am also hoping to see the new Hot Wheels ships including Excelsior

#7 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Yes. That too.
I forgot all about those. Thanks

#8 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

DST:
Any new ships and/or Trek Tek that they might have; 24th century items preferred, but TOS movies are obviously welcome too. Although I'd like to be surprised with a new ship, I'd be happy to have some cool variants; the FC 1701

#9 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

DST just uplaoded a Minimate Kirk in Captains Chair pic to their facebook!

#10 Racer_X

Racer_X

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

It looks like some Batman '66 figures are being announced. They'll be 6" size, and they're coming out with a scale Batmobile, too. The figure pictures look fantastic.

Toy News International - Batman 1966 Figures

#11 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (DST's FB feed)
Diamond Select Toys:
Yes, we have Star Trek. #nytf

Facebooker 1:
Any new ST action figures coming out?

Diamond Select Toys:
We have a design for the next Select figure on display, plus the TRU assortment of Minimates.

Facebooker 2:
Any word on new ships? Reliant is a bit off the beaten path tho. I'd expect enterprise c, defiant or voyager.

Diamond Select Toys:
How are those more on a beaten path? No new ship at this show. Still working on them.

Now, if I'm not mistaken (and at this hour of the morning... anything's possible), all previous comments by Zach or Chuck have been that they're not looking at new ships until the current crop are out the door. This could be [Sterling Archer voice] Phrasing! [/Sterling Archer voice], a reference to the ongoing work on the Excelsior, or they might actually now be working on the new ship(s).

#12 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

I knew they'd show the TRU Minimates

#13 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Now if only we could get all the toy news sites to pull their heads out Hasbros rear end and post pics of all the other stuff.

#14 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

OK, I see...

Packaged AGT Enterprise-D,
Packaged TNG (?) Klingon Disruptor!,
Packaged Enterprise-E - Variant? Indeterminate at this time.
Packaged regular Enterprise-D.

Loose Minimates TOS Enterprise - open,
Some... thing... (EDIT: Kirk in Command Chair Minimate.)
Loose Minimates TOS Enterprise - closed,
Assorted indistinguishable minimates,
Star Trek Select Spock,
Star Trek Select Kirk,
An illustration of a Star Trek Select TNG Command character in a non-descript diorama!

Tribble,
Trial,
Trouble,
TNG Klingon Disruptor, loose,
Depiction of some kind of Spock(?) and tricorder product... bust maybe?
A lump of plaster with the Enterprise printed on it... yeah.
Dragon's cutaway TOS Enterprise model!
Enterprise-D, loose. Looks a little different, smaller, bluer, maybe... a Dragon version of that ship?

Unidentified package that someone on Facebook suggests is a TOS Romulan BOP. I'm not seeing it.
TWOK Enterprise refit in package!
Another, larger box underneath - out of frame.
Packaged TOS Phaser, Tricorder, Communicator set, perhaps?
Various packaged assortments of the above TOS roleplay items.

Cool. I think that's the first sign of a couple of those. I've bolded items we haven't seen before besides prototypes or old releases.

#15 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Okay I swear I see a Janeway and Seven of nine Mininmate set on the top row of the shelf on the right, plus what looks like a random Red shirt next to them!

#16 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

okay here are the hotwheels ships! Kelvin, Excelsior and Narada pix!

http://toynewsi.com/...hp?itemid=19962

#17 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

In the background of this video of the Disruptor, you can see that the box under the TWOKerprise in an Enterprise-E, and the box on the left contains at least a Tricorder.

EDIT:

Hasbro shows off the huge KREO Enterprise... Looking a lot more worthy of that price tag now!

#18 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

Hello all,

Here you go. All the pictures you're likely to need :-

http://www.actionfig...nd-Select-Toys/

Take care,
Matty-lad

#19 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Matty-Legend.

#20 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Overall I thought this Toy Fair was a bit underwhelming comapred to other years. To me everything seemed smaller especially the scope of what was presented. For instance WWE didnt show off anything we havent seen before. Star Wars seems to be in a holding pattern with the small scale figures. Marvel had a few things shown but nothing that really knocked me off my chair. I thought the coolest stuff was the '66 Batman series that IMO is really going to be hot sellers. I thought it was bad for my love of toys but really excellent for the health of my wallet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users