Breaking News....

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:40 AM

It's a boy biggrin.gif My wife and I are having our first child in the early part of July. She's hoping that the baby is born on the 9th, which was her Dad's birthday and the projected due date for the baby. Things look pretty good so far, but we wanted to wait until this ultrasound to make any formal announcements. We were even hesistant to let even let family and a few select friends in case there were complications. Most of you though are like family, which is why I decided to share this happy news. SDCC however is out this year, but since we're getting our very own exclusive action figure, I think it will be worth it tongue.gif Of course, my collecting and online time might be minimized a bit, as our priorities shift a bit towards our baby. I'll post some pictures once I get them scanned or transferred to film. Thanks again for sharing in our happy news.

#2 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:52 AM

Congrats!! Rest up for those long night at first!!!

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:17 AM

Just what the world needs , a little Donster. tongue.gif
Don, I just want to wish you and Trish the best. Congrats and let me know if you guys need anything.

#4 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

Congratulations! This is a special time for you and your wife. I will tell you now that you will need to go ahead and sell the figure collections to finance the diapers and formula.

#5 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:46 PM

Congratulations! Hope the arrival date works out!

#6 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:02 AM

Wonderful news!

#7 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:21 AM

Congrats! Start him out on the right path and fill his nursery up with some kid safe Star Trek merchindise , i'd suggest the Funko bobble heads or something from those cartoonish statues ! spock2.gif

#8 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

Congrats Don! Babies are a joyous thing!

#9 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

Alright gang, it's been awhile since I've made any announcement on this and thought I would touch base with everyone. Our son should be arriving into the world tomorrow morning. Long story short, Dr. felt it might be better for my wife to have a c-section instead of natural birth. Everything is cool and both Mom and son are fine as of this afternoon's ultrasound biggrin.gif Of course, we weren't expecting him until next Thursday, but we're slowly learning that babies have their own time tables. As the doctor said to Trish, "You didn't really think you were in control did you?" I will post pics once I have a chance, since tomorrow is going to be crazy and I have 2 or 3 days to due the cleaning I planned this weekend. On the brightside, his crib and bassonette/playpen are put together. It's just a light cleaning of the upstairs and downstairs before she gets home, then changing the sheets on the bed. Wish us luck and we'll keep you guys posted wink.gif

#10 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:33 AM

Its been 18 years since my daughter was born, but i remember the experience like it was yesterday. Take it all in and do everything you want to do because these days will be committed to your memory forever, make them all good memories. I wish blessings on you and your family, especially the baby Donster!

#11 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:18 AM

I remember when my son was born in 2005, my wife and both couldn't sleep the night before. The couple of weeks she had to sleep in a recliner! Best wishes on the birth.

#12 neoworx

neoworx

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (The_Donster @ Jul 2 2009, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"You didn't really think you were in control did you?"

That's pretty much going to define your life from here on! Best of luck. smile.gif

#13 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

Donster just emailed me and asked me to share the great news with everyone:

Let's all welcome Alexander "Lex" Roman Thompson into the world!

Born today at 11:04 am he's a healthy baby boy, 7 lbs 5 oz and 20" from head to toe.

#14 neoworx

neoworx

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:33 PM

"Roman", huh? Sounds "Tiberius"-ish. Congrats!

#15 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

Yeah, Trish threw out Tiberius at one time and I said no. She actually came up with his name. She just told me that she went through a list of comic book names and kept coming back to Lex. With Roman, she got it from watching the History Channel or something. All I remember is her texting me and throwing it out and convincing me that then he would be our little work of A.R.T. biggrin.gif Thanks to everyone who gave well wishes and support. We appreciate it.

#16 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

Congatulations! I bet Lex is bald just like his namesake.

#17 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

Congrats! smile.gif

#18 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:18 PM

Good luck!!

#19 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:22 PM

Actually VF, he has a nice head of hair on him, unlike his father tongue.gif I've uploaded the pics, but have to find the time to post more. Right now I'm going to eat and go to bed. Thanks for all the well wishes, looks like Momma and little man are doing fine while I'm at home holding down the fort. I'll be heading back to the hospital in the morning, so I better get offline laugh.gif

#20 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:42 AM

Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users